Singapore Expats Forum

PEP vs. PR application?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
slyfly

PEP vs. PR application?

Postby slyfly » Sat, 25 Jun 2011 8:03 pm

I am a holder of P1 Employment Pass. Have been in SG for about 1 year. Just submitted the PR application (after the election now)! The staff said it would take 4-6 months to process.

Not sure of the outcome, I am wondering if I should apply for the Personalized EP (PEP) in the meantime as an insurance policy, just in case I don't get the PR and my current job gets into jeapordy (worst case scenario).

Has anyone have experience with the PEP? Any true benefits with that except that you can jump from one employer to another without applying for a new EP, as some companies might not like applying for the EP for their employees. So, in theory, it's like a semi-PR. And I noticed that one can stay unemployed for 6 months under the PEP.

I would like to hear anyone's view on this PEP. Is it even worth it to apply for one? Any advice to share?

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 25 Jun 2011 8:17 pm

Why are you applying for PR?

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Sun, 26 Jun 2011 3:19 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Why are you applying for PR?

He has the same answer for you :" Worse Case Scenario"
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

calvink
Chatter
Chatter

Hi

Postby calvink » Sun, 26 Jun 2011 11:14 am

I believe some are applying for the sake of securing their position in Sg...it makes it easier to change job with a PR rather than an EP....

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 26 Jun 2011 12:11 pm

And these are the ones I pray are rejected and thrown out of the country as they are the abusers who have made life more difficult for those of us who are here for the long term. All our subsidies have been cut and being further cut annually because of their abuse. I hope the doors at Changi hit them HARD on the arse as they are tossed out of the country.

BillyB
Manager
Manager

Postby BillyB » Sun, 26 Jun 2011 12:42 pm

Read her only other post and you'll probably get your answer!!

sanky_001

Postby sanky_001 » Sun, 26 Jun 2011 12:58 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:And these are the ones I pray are rejected and thrown out of the country as they are the abusers who have made life more difficult for those of us who are here for the long term. All our subsidies have been cut and being further cut annually because of their abuse. I hope the doors at Changi hit them HARD on the arse as they are tossed out of the country.

Well said SMS =D> =D> =D>