Singapore Expats Forum

Music

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16514
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010
Location: K. Puki Manis

Postby JR8 » Fri, 22 Aug 2014 8:03 pm

'Does Keith Richards Play Banjo?'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AtDAz1L ... ture=share

---

Interesting to 'hear the guy in the flesh'. He comes over as more normal than I was expecting...

User avatar
rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2805
Joined: Sat, 24 Nov 2012
Location: Singapore

Postby rajagainstthemachine » Sun, 24 Aug 2014 10:37 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lypF_237 ... FF11530F10

I'm tired, frustrated, long days of work, and finally a drink after so many weeks and this song was the perfect antidote.
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

User avatar
rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2805
Joined: Sat, 24 Nov 2012
Location: Singapore

Postby rajagainstthemachine » Sun, 24 Aug 2014 10:38 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZUJemL_ ... FF11530F10

more sentenced - cross my heart

the solo at 3:25 is just mindblowing
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

User avatar
rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2805
Joined: Sat, 24 Nov 2012
Location: Singapore

Postby rajagainstthemachine » Sun, 24 Aug 2014 10:46 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzUrRyQP ... 0&index=20

depressive death metal at its best.
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

User avatar
rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2805
Joined: Sat, 24 Nov 2012
Location: Singapore

Postby rajagainstthemachine » Sun, 24 Aug 2014 10:51 pm

To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

User avatar
rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2805
Joined: Sat, 24 Nov 2012
Location: Singapore

Postby rajagainstthemachine » Sun, 24 Aug 2014 10:58 pm

Arch Enemy War eternal 2014

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InRMwptcgAo
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

User avatar
rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2805
Joined: Sat, 24 Nov 2012
Location: Singapore

Postby rajagainstthemachine » Sun, 24 Aug 2014 11:02 pm

Arch enemy with the old vocalist

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1SlcO0Fikc
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

User avatar
rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2805
Joined: Sat, 24 Nov 2012
Location: Singapore

Postby rajagainstthemachine » Sun, 24 Aug 2014 11:11 pm

winter sun - a 12 minute song filled with blasting guitars and symphonic metal type sounds
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSiaJjqaFZE
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16514
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010
Location: K. Puki Manis

Postby JR8 » Mon, 25 Aug 2014 10:02 pm

@RATM
Sevendust- Face To Face
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7yhi1c_q6s

Too 'angry/cute'?



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hy17DWrjNT0
Sevendust - Praise

User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8333
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children
Contact:

Postby nakatago » Tue, 26 Aug 2014 7:35 am

JR8 wrote:@RATM
Sevendust- Face To Face
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7yhi1c_q6s

Too 'angry/cute'?



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hy17DWrjNT0
Sevendust - Praise


Once they released a video showing how to do the guitar riffs, this song's come back to my heavy-rotation playlist:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYw9ChYKcE4

User avatar
Brah
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1956
Joined: Sat, 18 Dec 2010

Postby Brah » Tue, 26 Aug 2014 8:24 pm

nakatago wrote:
JR8 wrote:@RATM
Sevendust- Face To Face
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7yhi1c_q6s

Too 'angry/cute'?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hy17DWrjNT0
Sevendust - Praise


Once they released a video showing how to do the guitar riffs, this song's come back to my heavy-rotation playlist:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYw9ChYKcE4

Wow, that was quite good, thanks for posting it, I will check JR's Sevendust clip.

User avatar
Brah
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1956
Joined: Sat, 18 Dec 2010

Postby Brah » Tue, 26 Aug 2014 8:44 pm

rajagainstthemachine wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZUJemL_jBM&index=2&list=PLE0A0D2FF11530F10

more sentenced - cross my heart

the solo at 3:25 is just mindblowing

Another group I've never heard and think I like. When I saw "mindblowing" I had to check, thinking it was something technical and, which it's not so much as lyrical.

While it didn't blow my mind, which is not easily blown though there is no shortage of mind-blowing stuff out there, it is quite a nice solo, and reminds me of something else - I will try to figure that out and post it. At first thought it's a bit Satriani, a bit like something from a Steven Wilson solo album, and one part something else.

Maybe I should post what I consider a mindblowing solo.....
Last edited by Brah on Tue, 26 Aug 2014 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16514
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010
Location: K. Puki Manis

Postby JR8 » Tue, 26 Aug 2014 8:46 pm

What do you call it, harmonic-metal or something?
It's fierce whilst being cute at the same time ...ehehehe!

User avatar
Brah
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1956
Joined: Sat, 18 Dec 2010

Postby Brah » Wed, 27 Aug 2014 7:16 pm

JR8 wrote:What do you call it, harmonic-metal or something?
It's fierce whilst being cute at the same time ...ehehehe!

Was waiting for RATM to reply to that as it's his band suggestion. I'd say they are some kind of New Metal and borderline what must have been Emo, but that would not be fair to these guys.

User avatar
rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2805
Joined: Sat, 24 Nov 2012
Location: Singapore

Postby rajagainstthemachine » Wed, 27 Aug 2014 10:09 pm

Brah wrote:
rajagainstthemachine wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZUJemL_jBM&index=2&list=PLE0A0D2FF11530F10

more sentenced - cross my heart

the solo at 3:25 is just mindblowing

Another group I've never heard and think I like. When I saw "mindblowing" I had to check, thinking it was something technical and, which it's not so much as lyrical.

While it didn't blow my mind, which is not easily blown though there is no shortage of mind-blowing stuff out there, it is quite a nice solo, and reminds me of something else - I will try to figure that out and post it. At first thought it's a bit Satriani, a bit like something from a Steven Wilson solo album, and one part something else.

Maybe I should post what I consider a mindblowing solo.....


@brah they are an old band, formed in the nineties and now disbanded.
They started off as a typical death metal band with screamo vocals and heavy riffs. but then progressed to suicidal ( not so much emo) themes, most of their songs are quite melodic and especially the solos and guitar tones are crisp and unique.
Their genre would be progressive Melodic death metal
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post
  • Music censorship
    by JR8 » Sat, 08 Dec 2012 4:49 am » in General Discussions
    13
    10152
    by nakatago View the latest post
    Wed, 19 Dec 2012 9:06 pm
  • Rock Music/Live
    by martincymru » Mon, 10 Dec 2012 2:30 pm » in Entertainment, Leisure & Sports
    2
    1646
    by martincymru View the latest post
    Tue, 11 Dec 2012 8:29 am
  • Alternative Music&Movies
    by HolyPastry » Wed, 30 Jan 2013 8:55 pm » in 30's Club
    16
    4518
    by HA View the latest post
    Thu, 28 Feb 2013 9:15 am
  • Working in Singapore as music teacher
    by perkym05 » Tue, 19 Feb 2013 9:50 pm » in Careers & Jobs in Singapore
    0
    2109
    by perkym05 View the latest post
    Tue, 19 Feb 2013 9:50 pm
  • Music and concert. Anyone?
    by vivace » Wed, 06 Mar 2013 12:59 am » in Newcomer's Lounge
    5
    2452
    by Nicole Ha View the latest post
    Mon, 25 Mar 2013 9:32 pm

Return to “General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests