Singapore Expats Forum

SPass Rejected_now Appeal Status_is there a chance to pass

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
kamikazae13

SPass Rejected_now Appeal Status_is there a chance to pass

Postby kamikazae13 » Thu, 23 Jun 2011 4:51 pm

Hello everyone

I would tell my case first,
I got a job offer as a marketing assistant. Therefore my company has asked for the SPass for me at MOM.

these are my gerneral info

- Fresh graduated Bachlor degree major in Economics and minor in Marketing in top 3 university in Thailand (International program)
- But with no experience
- fluently in both Thai and Eng

However I just got rejected for the SPass 2 days ago by giving the reason that I have no experience

But my company will do the appeal for me as the will put more of the info such as

1) I have ability of Thai language (as company has got Thai investors) and I can use this ability to help the company
2) add more info about my childhood (how my dad and mom are doing as there are bankers in Thailand)

I have got questions that

1) Do you think is there any chance for me to pass this appeal according top the previous cases?

2) what are the range of time that people usually wait for the appeal process ( minimum and the maximum period of time)

3) what should I do more in order to increase the chance?

Pleas help me answer the question...
and Thank you very much :)

singaporeflyer
Editor
Editor

Postby singaporeflyer » Thu, 23 Jun 2011 5:14 pm

Only thing that I can say is outcome will be known within 5 weeks in normal cases. Since you are a fresh graduate, there is nothing more that you can do i personally feel.May be wait and see. Good Luck !

kamikazae13

Postby kamikazae13 » Thu, 23 Jun 2011 5:23 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:Only thing that I can say is outcome will be known within 5 weeks in normal cases. Since you are a fresh graduate, there is nothing more that you can do i personally feel.May be wait and see. Good Luck !

Thank you :)

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Re: SPass Rejected_now Appeal Status_is there a chance to pa

Postby Mad Scientist » Thu, 23 Jun 2011 6:32 pm

kamikazae13 wrote:However I just got rejected for the SPass 2 days ago by giving the reason that I have no experience

If you have been rejected within 2 days of submission. Doesn't it tells something ?
Unless you are the investor or your post reflects your importance and essential part of the company structure that your HR can proof to MOM. IMHO, your application is already dead in the water.
Yes it is blunt and it is hard to swallow but at least you can get yourself prepared for rejection and make other plans. If it is approve after appeal , at least you can thank your lucky stars
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

kamikazae13

Postby kamikazae13 » Thu, 23 Jun 2011 9:43 pm

Mad Scientist wrote:
kamikazae13 wrote:However I just got rejected for the SPass 2 days ago by giving the reason that I have no experience

If you have been rejected within 2 days of submission. Doesn't it tells something ?
Unless you are the investor or your post reflects your importance and essential part of the company structure that your HR can proof to MOM. IMHO, your application is already dead in the water.
Yes it is blunt and it is hard to swallow but at least you can get yourself prepared for rejection and make other plans. If it is approve after appeal , at least you can thank your lucky stars

Sorry for making misunderstanding

I mean I knew the results 2 days ago after the company has summited the application for about a week.

singaporeflyer
Editor
Editor

Postby singaporeflyer » Thu, 23 Jun 2011 10:34 pm

kamikazae13 wrote:I mean I knew the results 2 days ago after the company has summited the application for about a week.

What does this mean? I am not able to get this

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 23 Jun 2011 11:02 pm

Even dense me figured that one out. His application was in for a week and was rejected after that week. That was two days ago. How'm my doin' so far?

As for the appeal, without direct experience, don't hold your breath. Could happen, but don't bet too much money on it.

kamikazae13

Postby kamikazae13 » Fri, 24 Jun 2011 8:29 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Even dense me figured that one out. His application was in for a week and was rejected after that week. That was two days ago. How'm my doin' so far?

As for the appeal, without direct experience, don't hold your breath. Could happen, but don't bet too much money on it.

Yes you got me :)

beppi
Manager
Manager

Postby beppi » Fri, 24 Jun 2011 12:22 pm

The employer must convince MOM that they have to hire a foreigner instead of a local for the job.
IMHO your Thai background is the only selling point (given that the company has Thai clients), but the lack of applicable experience works against you - and I have no idea how difficult it is to find a Singapore citizen/PR instead who speaks Thai.
Your parents' background in Thai banking might be useful for the company (as, sadly, nepotism rules almost anything in Thailand), but I doubt that MOM will take that into consideration.
Good luck - you'll need lots of it!

kamikazae13

Postby kamikazae13 » Fri, 24 Jun 2011 3:17 pm

beppi wrote:The employer must convince MOM that they have to hire a foreigner instead of a local for the job.
IMHO your Thai background is the only selling point (given that the company has Thai clients), but the lack of applicable experience works against you - and I have no idea how difficult it is to find a Singapore citizen/PR instead who speaks Thai.
Your parents' background in Thai banking might be useful for the company (as, sadly, nepotism rules almost anything in Thailand), but I doubt that MOM will take that into consideration.
Good luck - you'll need lots of it!

Thank you soo much I would say that the company that I applied for is Thai food resturant, but I will try my best.

Yeah I accept that for being Thai is only one way that a big support for me to this job as I know the Thai culture well and may contribute to the Company.

But what I could do is just wait..

Wish me luck Guys!!!!!!! :)