Singapore Expats

PR Application - approval status

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 18 Jul 2011 3:18 pm

Two things had the gahmen's stamp of approval. P1 pass with well over 8K income and male son included in application. Cream of the crop is the only thing that's gonna work for a while I reckon.

Congratulations! :wink:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

nithinmuktesh83

Re: PR Approved

Post by nithinmuktesh83 » Tue, 19 Jul 2011 3:48 pm

koolbuddy wrote:Hey Guys,

Just wanted to update the forum with my PR approval. Thought it might help people who are looking for any good news..

I am from India, living here for the past 4.5 years.

My Profile:
Salary: S$ 11k per month
EP Pass: P1
Family: PR application with my wife and one year old son.
Education: BE, MBA
PR Approval time: 2 Months and 29 Days

Hope this is helpfull and wish every one GOOD LUCK.
wow...thts amazing man!!congrats....really this is some ray of hope for all of us waiting :-)....

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 19 Jul 2011 5:21 pm

nithinmuktesh83 wrote:
wow...thts amazing man!!congrats....really this is some ray of hope for all of us waiting :-)....
Yeah, provided you have as much on the ball as he has as well as the very decent income level AND a male son on the application as well. Otherwise? I wouldn't hold your breath.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

wkwoods

Post by wkwoods » Tue, 19 Jul 2011 6:11 pm

There have been 3 PR approvals in my department (of 15 people) in the last month. Two Malaysians and one Indonesian ages range from 27-33 and monthly salary from S$4,500 to S$7,000

calvink
Chatter
Chatter

Post by calvink » Tue, 19 Jul 2011 7:20 pm

Can someone enlighten what do the ICA meant by ' You can continue working here on a valid work pass, etcs'. I read that somewhere but cant remember...Recently, my friend's PR got rejected and got such a valid reason...

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Wed, 20 Jul 2011 5:03 am

calvink wrote:Can someone enlighten what do the ICA meant by ' You can continue working here on a valid work pass, etcs'. I read that somewhere but cant remember...Recently, my friend's PR got rejected and got such a valid reason...
It means you are not qualified to get a PR until such time your incomes has increased dramatically or you have something to bring to the table like huge investment. Therefore you can continue working in SG under EP for as long your employer wants you and MOM approves your EP
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

nithinmuktesh83

Post by nithinmuktesh83 » Wed, 20 Jul 2011 10:55 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
nithinmuktesh83 wrote:
Yeah, provided you have as much on the ball as he has as well as the very decent income level AND a male son on the application as well. Otherwise? I wouldn't hold your breath.
:-) i have an annual income close to what he has. but the problem is i have a bonus component which is huge and wont let me qualify for P1 coz my "FIXED MONTHLY INCOME" does not reach that level. juz got married..so no kids planned yet :-)...lets see...hope i get approval soon...juz keeping my fingers crossed and waiting for the best...

wuga

Post by wuga » Tue, 08 Nov 2011 12:09 pm

koolbuddy wrote:Hey Guys,

Just wanted to update the forum with my PR approval. Thought it might help people who are looking for any good news..

I am from India, living here for the past 4.5 years.

My Profile:
Salary: S$ 11k per month
EP Pass: P1
Family: PR application with my wife and one year old son.
Education: BE, MBA
PR Approval time: 2 Months and 29 Days

Hope this is helpfull and wish every one GOOD LUCK.
Congrats......

wuga

Post by wuga » Tue, 08 Nov 2011 12:21 pm

Something to share on my case (Not sure it's good or bad, maybe no news is good news)

I am a Malaysian, working with my company for two years, used to be a PR but REP expired 1+ year (PR obtained on 2002) after I relocated (again) back to SG with the same company last Nov (2010). I was granted a EP P1 and just renewed for a new 3 years EP P1. Others info:
1) My wife is a PRC Chinese with DP, as a housewife taking care of my 3 kids.
2) 3 kids - 2 M (6, 4 yr old) 1 F (2 yr old), eldest attending Cherie Hearts childcare and going for P1 next year (Registered), second one Catholic Kindergarten and youngest one going to Cherie Hearts soon. (ALL on DP)
3) Applied on end April 2011, now the status is still pending.
4) Does not have bachelor degree but Computer Science diploma with Universiti Sains Malaysia and undergoing EMBA.
5) Monthly fixed salary >10K and yearly >200K
6) Rented HDB in SG
7) Bought a new car in SG
8) Will definitely go for SC once PR approved

Just to share my info with others, it might not help you but just a guideline on my case. :)

revhappy
Editor
Editor

Post by revhappy » Tue, 08 Nov 2011 3:41 pm

wuga wrote:Something to share on my case (Not sure it's good or bad, maybe no news is good news)

I am a Malaysian, working with my company for two years, used to be a PR but REP expired 1+ year (PR obtained on 2002) after I relocated (again) back to SG with the same company last Nov (2010). I was granted a EP P1 and just renewed for a new 3 years EP P1. Others info:
2) 3 kids - 2 M (6, 4 yr old) 1 F (2 yr old), eldest attending Cherie Hearts childcare and going for P1 next year (Registered), second one Catholic Kindergarten and youngest one going to Cherie Hearts soon. (ALL on DP)
4) Does not have bachelor degree but Computer Science diploma with Universiti Sains Malaysia and undergoing EMBA.
6) Rented HDB in SG

Just to share my info with others, it might not help you but just a guideline on my case. :)
Funny, you mention monthly salary >10K. Well not a very big deal. But you also mention yearly salary >200k. Thats a big deal. I guess the difference is in the bonus/allowance paid in lump sum end of the year?

wuga

Post by wuga » Tue, 08 Nov 2011 3:54 pm

revhappy wrote:
wuga wrote:Something to share on my case (Not sure it's good or bad, maybe no news is good news)

6) Rented HDB in SG

Funny, you mention monthly salary >10K. Well not a very big deal. But you also mention yearly salary >200k. Thats a big deal. I guess the difference is in the bonus/allowance paid in lump sum end of the year?
Yes, yearly fixed >150K and yearly gross >200K.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Post by Mad Scientist » Tue, 08 Nov 2011 5:10 pm

Wuga > My thoughts are why you are given P1 is since you relocate back to SG with the same company and you monthly salary. I think you did not withdraw your CPF which is a plus point.
Apply with PR as a family unit. IMHO you will succeed
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

wuga

Post by wuga » Tue, 08 Nov 2011 6:16 pm

Mad Scientist wrote:Wuga > My thoughts are why you are given P1 is since you relocate back to SG with the same company and you monthly salary. I think you did not withdraw your CPF which is a plus point.
Apply with PR as a family unit. IMHO you will succeed
Because my REP expired 1 year+ before my relocation, that time my payroll with the company was not in SG. :((( Went for reinstatement and they said it has been expired for too long :(((

I am kinda disappointed, though is a black box but i think i fulfilled most of the requirement plus i wish to go for SC and are sending my kids for education in SG.....

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Post by Mad Scientist » Wed, 09 Nov 2011 4:39 am

wuga wrote: Because my REP expired 1 year+ before my relocation, that time my payroll with the company was not in SG. :((( Went for reinstatement and they said it has been expired for too long :(((

I am kinda disappointed, though is a black box but i think i fulfilled most of the requirement plus i wish to go for SC and are sending my kids for education in SG.....
Then my bet is off the table.
I think you know what your company did is not illegal but the collateral damage is YOU. Smart move but not smart enough I would say
You can stay on P1 but PR hmmmm.... not sure unless you became the company's director.
No harm in trying though, you never know which way it will swing as you are the special of the month.

AndrewV
Chatter
Chatter

Post by AndrewV » Tue, 22 Nov 2011 8:20 am

when i went for the citizenship integration thing, i was the only non-chinese in a bus of 40 :o