Singapore Expats

Spass application rejected and now appealing

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
ngochien2903

Post by ngochien2903 » Wed, 22 Jun 2011 7:50 am

singaporeflyer wrote:
ngochien2903 wrote:Hi,
I'm also in appeal processing and waiting for a result. HR in company did sent appeal from 23 May but not yet have information until now. I made a draft appeal letter by my self and intend to send MOM with hope that it will help my application be sucessfull and prove I'm a potential worker in Singapore, give them more picture about me. Can somebody have experiences on that? Could you please advise me.
Only the Employer can submit an appeal for a rejected application and by right the Employee should not submit any appeal letter to MOM, because the application for SPass /EP was done by the Employer and not by the Employee.. May be please wait for the result to be announced. Good Luck !

Thanks for all advise. I try do my best to get MOM have clear information why that company need to hire me. Because my first application was on 14 apr,I wait for 5 weeks with "no record" on EPOL. Company have to resubmit application on 18 May 10am and MOM reject it right away at 12PM on the same day. I think how can MOM refuse me within 2 hours checking? Do they decision too fast or do they consider any thing about me? Luckily, company is eager to send appeal for me.They did on 23 May and I'm waiting until now.every day I launch on EPOL with hope that my status change "rejected" into "approved". I can't sit to see my applicant reject one more time.I try to do any thing possitivily. that's why i think i send and email to MOM to express my advantages than others. Due I'm still in oversea, i can't go MOM to talk directly as some one in this forum did.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 22 Jun 2011 9:49 am

ngochien2903 wrote: Thanks for all advise. I try do my best to get MOM have clear information why that company need to hire me. Because my first application was on 14 apr,I wait for 5 weeks with "no record" on EPOL. Company have to resubmit application on 18 May 10am and MOM reject it right away at 12PM on the same day. I think how can MOM refuse me within 2 hours checking? Do they decision too fast or do they consider any thing about me? Luckily, company is eager to send appeal for me.They did on 23 May and I'm waiting until now.every day I launch on EPOL with hope that my status change "rejected" into "approved". I can't sit to see my applicant reject one more time.I try to do any thing possitivily. that's why i think i send and email to MOM to express my advantages than others. Due I'm still in oversea, i can't go MOM to talk directly as some one in this forum did.
I don't know what I am hearing .. but .. if the pass gets rejected within 2 hour, it is most likely your employer is a big time disaster .. how big are they ?

And for you writing, everybody has been telling you not to do, as, in Singapore, the employer has to justify why they need you .. not you telling them you need the job (yah, everybody needs the job .. )

ngochien2903

Post by ngochien2903 » Wed, 22 Jun 2011 11:21 am

ecureilx wrote:
ngochien2903 wrote: Thanks for all advise. I try do my best to get MOM have clear information why that company need to hire me. Because my first application was on 14 apr,I wait for 5 weeks with "no record" on EPOL. Company have to resubmit application on 18 May 10am and MOM reject it right away at 12PM on the same day. I think how can MOM refuse me within 2 hours checking? Do they decision too fast or do they consider any thing about me? Luckily, company is eager to send appeal for me.They did on 23 May and I'm waiting until now.every day I launch on EPOL with hope that my status change "rejected" into "approved". I can't sit to see my applicant reject one more time.I try to do any thing possitivily. that's why i think i send and email to MOM to express my advantages than others. Due I'm still in oversea, i can't go MOM to talk directly as some one in this forum did.
I don't know what I am hearing .. but .. if the pass gets rejected within 2 hour, it is most likely your employer is a big time disaster .. how big are they ?

And for you writing, everybody has been telling you not to do, as, in Singapore, the employer has to justify why they need you .. not you telling them you need the job (yah, everybody needs the job .. )
I just share what I'm thinking and intend to do. Regarding company, they're quite big of apparel products.. they open 2 factories in Indonesia 1 in Vietnam.They hired Chinese,Malaysian.. people under employment pass and work permit. It means they don't have problem of quota. Strange that they need 2 vacacies as logistics executive. One is mine and one was taken by Philippine woman (she applyed work pass after me and got approval instantly. She began to work for 2 weeks). S pass is difficult than work permit ?

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 22 Jun 2011 11:29 am

ngochien2903 wrote: I just share what I'm thinking and intend to do. Regarding company, they're quite big of apparel products.. they open 2 factories in Indonesia 1 in Vietnam.They hired Chinese,Malaysian.. people under employment pass and work permit.
ever get the difference between having quota and filled the quota ??
It means they don't have problem of quota.
Not sure if you get the picture .. even large companies .. if the HR is dense or just don't like you, they can still go through the motions, knowing your pass will be rejected :D :D (unlikely, but happens . .) and .. MOM doesn't say the cause of rejection ..
Strange that they need 2 vacacies as logistics executive. One is mine and one was taken by Philippine woman (she applyed work pass after me and got approval instantly. She began to work for 2 weeks). S pass is difficult than work permit ?
Maybe HR like Philippine girls ?? :D :D

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 22 Jun 2011 11:53 am

Yes, S pass is harder to get than WP. Remember, when on WP, you have to have permission to marry a local, nor can you have any dependents here with you. S pass holder earning over 2.5K can. So yeah, often it's easier.

Yep, sounds like they have busted their S pass quota to me. Oh, the company will know if your applications was busted on quota or for criteria. What they tell you may well be something else though.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ngochien2903

Post by ngochien2903 » Wed, 22 Jun 2011 12:16 pm

I don't think nationality is problem. Anyway, I might to wait and hope. That's all I can do now. ^-^ Thanks again for your all opinion.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 22 Jun 2011 12:19 pm

ngochien2903 wrote:I don't think nationality is problem. Anyway, I might to wait and hope. That's all I can do now. ^-^ Thanks again for your all opinion.
Gee .. I meant the HR people like Philippine girl .. :D :D

Never mind ....

ngochien2903

Post by ngochien2903 » Wed, 22 Jun 2011 12:28 pm

ecureilx wrote:
ngochien2903 wrote:I don't think nationality is problem. Anyway, I might to wait and hope. That's all I can do now. ^-^ Thanks again for your all opinion.

Never mind ....
Ha.. ha. I don't think so. She may be luckier than me.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 22 Jun 2011 1:20 pm

ngochien2903 wrote:
ecureilx wrote:

Never mind ....
You male, she female .. so ... you loose :D

revhappy
Editor
Editor

Post by revhappy » Wed, 22 Jun 2011 1:29 pm

ecureilx wrote:
ngochien2903 wrote:
ecureilx wrote: Gee .. I meant the HR people like Philippine girl .. :D :D

Never mind ....
Its actually "lose" :P

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 22 Jun 2011 1:55 pm

revhappy wrote: Its actually "lose" :P
Not loosed ?? or Losted ?? :D :D

ngochien2903

Post by ngochien2903 » Wed, 22 Jun 2011 3:00 pm

ecureilx wrote:
ngochien2903 wrote:
ecureilx wrote: Gee .. I meant the HR people like Philippine girl .. :D :D

Never mind ....
I'm female ^-^. Just kiding, no reason for rejection..

winwinwin

Post by winwinwin » Thu, 23 Jun 2011 5:47 pm

hi mates, thanks for sharing.. My Spass just got approved today.. for all of you who is still waiting, i waited for 5weeks just for the appeal..
dont lose your faith or confidence while waiting because i almost lost mine..

Thank you once again..!

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Thu, 23 Jun 2011 6:26 pm

Tahniah atas lulus pass kerja.
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

frekedech

Post by frekedech » Sat, 30 Jul 2011 1:18 pm

winwinwin wrote:hi mates, thanks for sharing.. My Spass just got approved today.. for all of you who is still waiting, i waited for 5weeks just for the appeal..
dont lose your faith or confidence while waiting because i almost lost mine..

Thank you once again..!
Hi, may i know whats the basic salary given to you?
my employer offered me 1.7k and employment pass, but the application was rejected straight away by MOM.

FYI, my employer is one of the sg telco and I'm Indonesian chinese poly graduate with 3-year bond.