Singapore Expats Forum

PEP- Need Advice

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
madcap

Postby madcap » Sat, 16 Jul 2011 12:29 pm

Guys,

My sister just confirmed that i got my PEP approved. Now waiting for the approval letter to arrive. Thanks everyone for giving me information(more like a clear picture) about PEP and the current situation in Singapore. I have a couple of questions for MS and SMS ....

- Is it advisable to find a job from here or is it easier to find a job once i land there(I'm concerned about quitting my current job and going there)

- I see that the rules of the PEP state that i should gain employment within 6 months ... Is this 6 month period from the time of approval or from the time i goto Singapore and get my PEP from the MOM in person

Thanks in advance for any guidance.
Live Strong!

aquariuswinnie

Postby aquariuswinnie » Sat, 16 Jul 2011 1:38 pm

Hi Madcap, congrats that you got your PEP approved. The 6 months starts from the time when you head to MOM to get your PEP card (correct me if I am wrong, MS and SMS). It's a lot easier to get a job while you are in Singapore, as it will be more conducive to attend job interviews while you are here. Rare chance that they want to interview you if you are overseas. I personally moved back here last year, and most of the interviewers still call and clarify that I am physically in Singapore, so that they can move forward with my interview process.

I do want to manage your expectations that it's a huge plunge to make, 6 months isn't a very long time to find a job, and it will most likely take close to 6 months to find a job, with the current situation in Singapore. You will have to quit your job in India, with savings and come stay with your sister for the time being. The risk that you will have to take, good luck!

PS: I am a Singaporean, and it did take close to 3-4 months for me to secure a job here recently.

BillyB
Manager
Manager

Postby BillyB » Sat, 16 Jul 2011 6:43 pm

You have 6 months to find employment from the time it's actually issued, not from when you receive the IPA. Therefore, if you don't get it issued for 5.9 months you will have just short of 1 year to find a job before it expires.

madcap

Postby madcap » Sat, 16 Jul 2011 6:50 pm

Thanks aquariuswinnie ... I'm planning to post my resume on the singapore job postals mentioning clearly that i have a PEP .... don't know if that is gonna get me any interview calls ... i can move to Singapore when i have a few interviews lined up. Thx for the heads up anyway on the job scene ...i will plan accordingly.

Thx BillyB, that clears it.
Live Strong!

borntolive

Postby borntolive » Mon, 31 Oct 2011 3:59 pm

Hi Madcap.
Congrats for PEP.
Looks like i am closing following you on PEP now. I had same issues while in US & came back Already in india for last 6 months but have salary slip of May-2011 and want to apply for PEP now with more than 10 years of experience in Software consultancy.
I dont have any relative or friend in SG and want to submit the form for PEP. DO you know a way which would be helpful to me?
I am reachable at dhairyadhawan@gmail.com.
can someone help me in SG and i can send money and form for submission to MOM asap?
Thanks a lot.
Visha;
madcap wrote:Thanks aquariuswinnie ... I'm planning to post my resume on the singapore job postals mentioning clearly that i have a PEP .... don't know if that is gonna get me any interview calls ... i can move to Singapore when i have a few interviews lined up. Thx for the heads up anyway on the job scene ...i will plan accordingly.

Thx BillyB, that clears it.