Singapore Expats Forum

PEP- Need Advice

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
madcap

Postby madcap » Mon, 27 Jun 2011 12:54 pm

Umm ..FYI ... I'm currently employed with SAS India ... and have 3 other offers within India ... just like i said you make a lot of assumptions ... and assumptions that help you in looking down on me

asksaurav,

Thanks for butting in. Words from somebody with a similar profile paints a better picture. Since i have already applied all i can do now is wait for the result. Aus is not an option now ...
Live Strong!

JayCee
Reporter
Reporter

Postby JayCee » Mon, 27 Jun 2011 1:01 pm

No assumptions here, you were asking if MOM would care about a 5 month gap in your very first post :roll: This isn't the first time you were unable to remember what you wrote previously, are you just making this stuff up?

More inconsistencies, here's some rope...
I HAVE MASTERS!

madcap

Postby madcap » Mon, 27 Jun 2011 1:08 pm

Lol .. i just joined today at SAS ... and if you wonder why the gap ... ever thought about taking a break for family ...i guess not ..you are too busy bashing ppl in this forum :roll:
Live Strong!

JayCee
Reporter
Reporter

Postby JayCee » Mon, 27 Jun 2011 1:25 pm

How convenient
I HAVE MASTERS!

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 27 Jun 2011 1:30 pm

madcap, people here tend to go to a posters profile page and there do a search where all your posts are grouped together in a chronological order. It's easy and it's what allow respondent to go gauge and judge what they are dealing with. It also help us get background research sometimes needed when replying to some of the posters. Inconsistencies in posts show up glaringly when looked at something that way. I personally think both of you got off on the wrong foot with each other and now it has just generated into a pi$$ing contest that neither will win.

My advice, just don't respond. My advice to JayCee is the same.

madcap

Postby madcap » Mon, 27 Jun 2011 2:09 pm

SMS,

I have no issues with that ... i never intended to abuse this forum
Live Strong!

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 27 Jun 2011 2:26 pm

I'm aware of that. It's just we've had a run of your countrymen (sad to say) that were pretty full of themselves and their masters and it put a rather sour taste in the mouths of a lot of the regulars. So much so, that it seems to be an invitations for ridicule/baiting now. I'll be the first to admit, I'm occasionally guilty as well as it's hard not to do it at times because after a while, one gets tired replying to commonsense questions that a high school graduate would laugh at and coming out of the mouth of someone who is touting their advanced education like waving a red flag in front of a bull. "I got masters" has become the "Just Do It" of the board. What to do. :?

sms

aquariuswinnie

Postby aquariuswinnie » Tue, 05 Jul 2011 6:05 pm

Ok, coming from another silent member. Albeit that I'm not from the subcontinent, and I'm a very local Sporean who had spent years in the US, I do have to agree with SMS. Unfortunately, there are loads of your countrymen in the US (especially those with Masters and higher) having the tendency to have their noses high up in the air, Singapore is no different. Seeing more locals having "more complains" of foreigners, especially from the subcontinent.

Hope the best for your PEP turnout. My husband actually obtained his PEP last year (Oct 2010). Good luck! My suggestion for you is to stay in your country (India), especially since you already have a job and other offers. Just my 2 cents.

ausinsg
Regular
Regular

Postby ausinsg » Wed, 06 Jul 2011 1:57 am

Possibly not the best place, but it seems to be the most recent discussion about PEP.

Just got my letter from MOM today advising the minimum fixed salary to be earnt in a calendar year is $34k or above to retain your PEP, from 2011 on.

That was in line with other EP posts about $2800 pm being the minimum required for a Q1 EP now.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 06 Jul 2011 6:55 am

As per guidelines put out in March w.e.f. 1 July this year. :-|

madcap

Postby madcap » Fri, 08 Jul 2011 2:27 am

Thx aquariuswinnie,

Since i've already applied i'll wait for the result and take it from there. I will do my little bit to change the perception that u guys have of ppl from the subcontinent!!
Live Strong!

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Fri, 08 Jul 2011 4:42 am

madcap wrote:Thx aquariuswinnie,

Since i've already applied i'll wait for the result and take it from there. I will do my little bit to change the perception that u guys have of ppl from the subcontinent!!

Hey madcap. which part of India are you from.
I used to work for KP Nambiar BPL Group in Bangalore years ago
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Postby JR8 » Fri, 08 Jul 2011 5:22 am

madcap wrote:And how is JR8 relevant to this discussion???

Hark! My name being taken in vain.

My relevance begins here. Do please try and keep it interesting.

:wink: :)

madcap

Postby madcap » Fri, 08 Jul 2011 1:47 pm

MS, I am from Chennai. You worked in india years ago ... does that mean you are from the subcontinent too or did u just happen to work in b'lore for a brief period?
Live Strong!

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 08 Jul 2011 4:15 pm

MS is defo not from India or anywhere on the sub-continent. The only masters he's got is from life itself! :cool: