Singapore Expats Forum

PEP- Need Advice

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
madcap

PEP- Need Advice

Postby madcap » Mon, 20 Jun 2011 3:32 am

I have been working in the US till Jan 31 2011 and then had to move back to india for family reasons. I am now thinking of moving to singapore by getting PEP as my sister already is a PR there. I will qualify for the S$7000 salary cap as my salary in the US was more than that. My question is:

- Will MoM reject or question the gap almost 5 months?
- Is there any chance of rejection? Anyone here who applied this late?
- Is it a good idea to use any agency(like .) in singapore to assist with this?

I appreciate any response.

Thanks
Live Strong!

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Re: PEP- Need Advice

Postby Mad Scientist » Mon, 20 Jun 2011 4:04 am

madcap wrote:I have been working in the US till Jan 31 2011 and then had to move back to india for family reasons. I am now thinking of moving to singapore by getting PEP as my sister already is a PR there. I will qualify for the S$7000 salary cap as my salary in the US was more than that. My question is:

- Will MoM reject or question the gap almost 5 months?

Don't know. Maybe or probably not

- Is there any chance of rejection? Anyone here who applied this late?

There are changes to EP application. go to www.mom.gov.sg or read it up here. There is one from one forumer Faelle. Look it up

- Is it a good idea to use any agency(like .) in singapore to assist
with this?

Well, if you want to throw your money away , go ahead. MOM website is very easy to navigate. I will be very surprise for a person working in the US not able to navigate MOM website

I appreciate any response.

Thanks
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

madcap

Postby madcap » Mon, 20 Jun 2011 4:52 am

Thanks Mad Scientist for the prompt response. I went through the procedure and i found the supporting documents required not mentioned clearly.

Submit the completed Personalised Employment Pass Application Form and supporting documents in person at any SingPost post office (MOM-appointed collecting agent).

Can you state the supporting documents i will need to furnish?
I dont have an employment offer in singapore yet. I hope this is not weighed in the decision making process.
Also is the six month time period for the date of application of the PEP(I might go into the 6 month zone by the time the processing is over)?

Please clarify. Thanks in advance.
Live Strong!

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Mon, 20 Jun 2011 5:52 am

Read this and many others
Search button right hand corner underprofile link. TYPE PEP. Help yourself

ftopic78329.html&highlight=pep
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

BillyB
Manager
Manager

Postby BillyB » Mon, 20 Jun 2011 5:58 am

You'll need to send your completed form to a local contact in Singapore - you mentioned your Sister is PR. If she is living here, use her for the contact, and send it to her? She will then need to take it to a local post office.

For supporting docs, and given that you are already very close to the cut-off deadline for last drawn salary (you didn't mention if you are working and drawing in excess of $7k in India at the moment), I'd copy everything relevant to your PEP application and get them certified - your degree certs, I.D, all previously held visa's, salary evidence from the U.S, employer references etc.

And do it ASAP, allowing for likely delays in posting and processing, to ensure you meet the deadline.

madcap

Postby madcap » Mon, 20 Jun 2011 11:03 am

I'd copy everything relevant to your PEP application and get them certified

BillyB,
When u mean certified do you mean notarised?
Live Strong!

BillyB
Manager
Manager

Postby BillyB » Mon, 20 Jun 2011 11:36 am

madcap wrote:I'd copy everything relevant to your PEP application and get them certified

BillyB,
When u mean certified do you mean notarised?

Yep, same thing.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 20 Jun 2011 12:32 pm

In all likelihood, the income requirements will be the new 8K/mo instead of the old 7K/mo. My conversations with the MOM officer last week indicated that they were already using the 8K minimum for purposes of rejecting applications as they have been deluged with applications from people fearing the lose their EP's. The officer alluded to massive rejections as well, but how bad that is is subjective as well and may depend on lots of things, like if you are from a European country, Asian country, subcontinent or elsewhere.

If you are from India, your chances are considerable reduced even though more of them qualify, but because of the deluge in prior years, they are severely curtailing the influx nowadays. You might be one of the lucky ones.

madcap

Postby madcap » Tue, 21 Jun 2011 2:44 am

Thanks sms for the info regarding the new rules ... My last drawn salary was above S$9000 per month.Does that help? Fingers crossed!
Live Strong!

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 21 Jun 2011 6:54 am

Sure it will help if that is your basic salary. But income requirements are only one aspect of the equation. I'd like to say you would be a shoe-in but at the moment, we are kind of feeling our way along as all the goalposts have been moved due to the results of the last General Election.

madcap

Postby madcap » Tue, 21 Jun 2011 10:20 am

Well I also have a masters from a reputed US university ... I have sent in my documents to my sister and she should be applying this friday at the singpost. I'll keep you guys informed on how this goes ... Either way we'll find out :) ... Thanks guys for the prompt responses. You guys are a hoot with your borderline sarcastic responses(i've been reading through some of the other threads where you guys have been a riot) ... cheers!!!
Live Strong!

singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager

Postby singaporeflyer » Tue, 21 Jun 2011 11:02 am

madcap wrote:Well I also have a masters from a reputed US university ... I have sent in my documents to my sister and she should be applying this friday at the singpost. I'll keep you guys informed on how this goes ... Either way we'll find out :) ... Thanks guys for the prompt responses. You guys are a hoot with your borderline sarcastic responses(i've been reading through some of the other threads where you guys have been a riot) ... cheers!!!

Good Luck to you...Keep Hoping and waiting for 2 -3 weeks !

madcap

Postby madcap » Thu, 23 Jun 2011 3:20 am

I was going through the threads and figured that there was a lot of tightening on the influx foreign talent especially from the subcontinent due to the elections ...now that it is over has it been relaxed? Just curious ...
Live Strong!

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Thu, 23 Jun 2011 3:51 am

madcap wrote:Well I also have a masters from a reputed US university

You have Masters ? Well good on you !! JR8 has one too !!

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 23 Jun 2011 7:01 am

In Singapore having a Masters and eighty cents will get you a cup of coffee and not much else. Other than the occasionaly "oh" and "good for you" and the following:

Thanks MS! :wink: