Singapore Expats Forum

Last PR application, wish me luck!

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Asdracles
Reporter
Reporter

Last PR application, wish me luck!

Postby Asdracles » Sun, 19 Jun 2011 3:01 pm

Tomorrow I have appointment at ICA to submit my PR application.

It will be my 3rd and last attempt in my 4+ years here. If rejected, I would assume that SG doesn't want me here in the long term and I will try to settle somewhere else. I know that it's not the best moment, and that for Westerners is especially much tougher that it used to be (if only I had applied for first time earlier... ), but I can't make any long term plans without it, so it's now or never (Well, when I say now, I mean 4/5/6 months time :D )

Good luck to me!

ancientmariner

Re: Last PR application, wish me luck!

Postby ancientmariner » Sun, 19 Jun 2011 3:55 pm

Asdracles wrote:Tomorrow I have appointment at ICA to submit my PR application.

It will be my 3rd and last attempt in my 4+ years here. If rejected, I would assume that SG doesn't want me here in the long term and I will try to settle somewhere else. I know that it's not the best moment, and that for Westerners is especially much tougher that it used to be (if only I had applied for first time earlier... ), but I can't make any long term plans without it, so it's now or never (Well, when I say now, I mean 4/5/6 months time :D )

Good luck to me!

Best of luck! I knew one gentleman (Myanmar national) who got PR approval on his 9th attempt(Year 2005)!!! He is a Sger now.
Nobody knows about future!

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Sun, 19 Jun 2011 4:43 pm

DO not worry. You will get it

Godspeed !!
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

x9200

Postby x9200 » Sun, 19 Jun 2011 7:21 pm

Asdracles wrote:It will be my 3rd and last attempt in my 4+ years here. If rejected, I would assume that SG doesn't want me here in the long term and I will try to settle somewhere else.

My wife and myself said something similar with our first and only applications and we got it approved. Perhaps this is the way. Good luck!

Asdracles
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Asdracles » Mon, 20 Jun 2011 11:29 am

ancientmariner wrote:Best of luck! I knew one gentleman (Myanmar national) who got PR approval on his 9th attempt(Year 2005)!!! He is a Sger now.

No way I can wait so long! I want to settle, here or somewhere else, but can't make any long term plans until I know that I can stay here. So for sure this will be my last attempt.

Anyway, thanks for your comments!

nitinkrmishra

Postby nitinkrmishra » Mon, 20 Jun 2011 3:49 pm

Hi ,

Best of luck and hopefully you will get this time.

Could you please tell your background like education , salary etc , So that we can have better idea about your application.

Good Luck..

singaporeflyer
Editor
Editor

Postby singaporeflyer » Mon, 20 Jun 2011 4:43 pm

Hi Nitin,
Even though if he tells his background and other details it would not be of use to anyone as each application is considered on its own merits and on a case to case basis. This is what I understand.

I was also curious like you earlier, but two applications even with same background details might be considered different. just FYI

calvink
Chatter
Chatter

Hi

Postby calvink » Mon, 20 Jun 2011 4:53 pm

For the very-patient gentleman who applied for the 9th attempt and now a sgporean.... I can only think of one reason - unless your own country provides sufficient control of labour market, good governance, overall infrastructure development, etcs that lays a good future in you... giving up citizenship will justify if your country has none of those...It might be a good idea? I guess? lol... :P

sanky_001

Postby sanky_001 » Mon, 20 Jun 2011 5:42 pm

Asdracles wrote:Tomorrow I have appointment at ICA to submit my PR application.

Good luck to me!

I wish you all the best Asdracles :)

prkravi
Chatter
Chatter

Postby prkravi » Mon, 20 Jun 2011 7:03 pm

All the best dude! Hope it works for you.
Drinks on you if you get through!!

Even otherwise, its been a long while, we should meet up some time.

Asdracles
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Asdracles » Tue, 21 Jun 2011 6:25 pm

Yeah, I think it has been..... 4 years?? Wow, time flies... I should join FNDC anytime soon. But now I'm crazy with work, started to study part-time and in the couple of hours I have available I try to sleep a bit...

But yes, my semester finishes this week and I hope to have a bit of social life soon!