Singapore Expats Forum

Chances of getting my PR Status Renewed Again?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
optrex

Chances of getting my PR Status Renewed Again?

Postby optrex » Thu, 16 Jun 2011 8:05 am

I studied in local Poly and worked in Singapore under a 6 years bond during which I got my PR Status under the Professionals/Technical Personnel and Skilled Workers Scheme. Now my 5 years PR is due for renewal in a few months time. I married to a Local Singaporean and we have been married for 4 years and have a Singapore Male Toddler who is now 2 years plus. I am holding a Bachelor Degree and currently is not working and is a housewife. I have not been working for the past 2 years since my delivery of my kid. My husband is not working as well, as he invest in Shares Market and hence he do not have any CPF or IRAS Statements. We however has a HDB Flat due to come soon, and we intend to pay it in full. I went down to ICA, and the officer told me that if I do not work, there is no grantee my PR Status can be renewed. My husband is not working too, and my chances is lower if I go by the dependent spouse scheme... What can I do? Does it mean the end of happy family?

Restored by moderator - :cool:
Last edited by optrex on Thu, 16 Jun 2011 5:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Re: Chances of getting my PR Status Renewed Again?

Postby Mad Scientist » Thu, 16 Jun 2011 8:30 am

optrex wrote:I studied in local Poly and worked in Singapore under a 6 years bond during which I got my PR Status under the Professionals/Technical Personnel and Skilled Workers Scheme. Now my 5 years PR is due for renewal in a few months time. I married to a Local Singaporean and we have been married for 4 years and have a Singapore Male Toddler who is now 2 years plus. I am holding a Bachelor Degree and currently is not working and is a housewife. I have not been working for the past 2 years since my delivery of my kid. My husband is not working as well, as he invest in Shares Market and hence he do not have any CPF or IRAS Statements. We however has a HDB Flat due to come soon, and we intend to pay it in full. I went down to ICA, and the officer told me that if I do not work, there is no grantee my PR Status can be renewed. My husband is not working too, and my chances is lower if I go by the dependent spouse scheme... What can I do? Does it mean the end of happy family?

He needs to pay Tax on his investment or get a job as it does not augurs well with the Gahmen as there is no money to Gahmen coffers.
But I think this is the best time to seek MP help.
PR renewal depends highly on income tax return,
You have a male son whom is a Sger, your hubby is a Sger. If PR fails for you, prepare to apply for LTSVP
On the scale of 1 to 10 ; my humble view is 5
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Thu, 16 Jun 2011 9:11 am

Reading thru your post again. I guess your hubby is very well verse in the stock market. On top of that the HDB house that you are buying is going to be paid in full..You have done well for yourself. Good on both of you.
However Gahmen does not work that way. You need to have mortgages to show that you are ordinary folks.
Consider setting up a shell company under both yourself and hubby. Pay both of you salary , CPF and tax. Window dressing is the way to go.
I did that for my wife . I used her name as a company director to lower my company tax. The company paid the tax on behalf of her. She gets to renewed her PR. The company reduce the company tax. Win-win situation.
You got to let the Gahmen earned something from you.
There is no such thing as "Winners Takes All" in SG.
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Fri, 17 Jun 2011 4:51 am

@Optrex

You are DAMN STINGY and SELFISH !!

You PM me and then you deleted your bloody post here.

How the hell can others learn from your experiences ?

Fortunately I have managed to quote you and there is NOTHING YOU CAN DO to delete it.

Bloody Hell !!

You came here with your hands in your hat looking for answers. We regulars tried to do our best to provide advise for FREE so that others may learned not to fall into the pits.
On top of that you PMed me and I provide more advise for you
Not being grateful, you DELETED YOUR BLOODY POSTS in the OPEN forum
Having a degree and the intelligence does not commensurate with the understanding on having the courtesy and the dignified way of human interaction in this world. It is all about memememe for you isn't it !!!
Well. Good Luck and you get what you deserve in living in Singapore. GOOD RIDDANCE. You are just being unfair as you refuse to share it with others your experiences.
This is a forum where everyone learned from one another mistakes, achievement and share it. What is wrong with that !!
There are no names revealed, private infos none whatsoever in the open.
Do you want me to SHOW YOUR DIRTY LINEN IN THE OPEN ???

You,Andrew VV, Bliss and many others like you should be tied up put in a BIG DRUM AND THROWN INTO THE SEA !!
[color=red]
[/color]

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Postby JR8 » Fri, 17 Jun 2011 4:59 am

You tell 'em! :evil:

Asian_Geekette
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Asian_Geekette » Fri, 17 Jun 2011 11:06 am

Oh my!

Well, at least there's the quote function.
My business is not to remake myself, but make the absolute best out of what God made. -Robert Browning