Singapore Expats Forum

Fulltime Nursery (e.g. 7:30 am to 6:30pm)

Discuss various schooling options for your children here.
maigonokoneko

Fulltime Nursery (e.g. 7:30 am to 6:30pm)

Postby maigonokoneko » Wed, 15 Jun 2011 4:09 pm

My son has attended nursery full-time (7:30am-6:30pm 5 days a week) in London since he was 8mths old. The nursery is 5 mins from my husband's office and 10 mins walk from our home. They provide breakfast, snacks, lunch and tea (dinner). The nursery carers offer baby sitting services if you are working overtime. My 22mth old has started learning his numbers, alphabet, names of animals etc. based on the Early Years Foundation format and he is thriving on it. I am looking for something similar in Singapore.

Are there any full-time nurseries in Singapore (around the East Coast)? If there are can you please recommend any for a 2 year old?

I have heard of Eton House but that is only till 3:30pm? What happens to the toddler after 3:30pm? Is there an after-school day-care?

Thank you.

singapore0611

Postby singapore0611 » Tue, 21 Jun 2011 10:08 am

Hi there,

I had the exact same situation as you. My daughter (2 now) has been going to a day nursery in London since 10.5 months onwards.

We just moved to Singapore a month back and we both work full time. I enrolled her into Pat Schoolhouse which is near my office in CBD. It is similar to her London nursery. I leave her at 8 and pick at 6. They operate from 7-7. It is a good nursery, the particular branch is brand new - so good facilities, clean, good teachers.

Tough if I compare to the London nursery, it had more activities - walks, animal farm trips etc. which this branch does not offer. Also here in Singapore you will find that not many tods stay in full time nurseries as most have nannies/maids with grandparents for supervision at home.
But even though i have a full time maid, I still prefer she go to a full day nursery as it is structured, she has more company.

Hope this helps.

maigonokoneko

Postby maigonokoneko » Tue, 21 Jun 2011 2:38 pm

Thank you very much for your reply. Will do a little more research into Pat Schoolhouse. Do they also do potty training at Pat Schoolhouse? At my son's nursery they start when the toddler is around 2-2.5yrs old.

Did you look at any other nurseries when you were looking?

singapore0611

Postby singapore0611 » Tue, 21 Jun 2011 2:44 pm

My daughter is about to start hers as we wanted to wait till we settled in our new house and everything.

I looked at Cherry Hearts, Ami..something, Eton, citikids (i really didnt like citikids!)

I have also applied for her at 2 international Pre-K schools (american n british) for next year.