Singapore Expats Forum

Dependent PR

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
chitralakshmimoorthy

Dependent PR

Postby chitralakshmimoorthy » Mon, 13 Jun 2011 7:51 pm

Hi,

My husband is PR holder and he has been working in Singapore past 5 years. We applied for Dependent PR at April 2009. After 3 months My Dependent PR has approved but at the time we can’t received. My doubt is suppose we are going to apply now for Dependent PR. Is it possible to apply once again.

Thanks,
Chitra.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Dependent PR

Postby ecureilx » Mon, 13 Jun 2011 8:27 pm

chitralakshmimoorthy wrote:Hi,

My husband is PR holder and he has been working in Singapore past 5 years. We applied for Dependent PR at April 2009. After 3 months My Dependent PR has approved but at the time we can’t received. My doubt is suppose we are going to apply now for Dependent PR. Is it possible to apply once again.

Thanks,
Chitra.

ICA doesn't feel happy to entertain those who apply and then change their mind ..

my only questions is - WHY didn't you take it then ?

and my experience says, they tend to reject if you apply

You can apply and also explain any reason for your previous refusal ..

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 13 Jun 2011 11:04 pm

yep, I don't know of anybody who has applied for, and then refused subsequently to take it up, who was later successful in applying again. It's kind of like you've burned your bridge with them.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Tue, 14 Jun 2011 3:14 am

My Dependent PR has approved but at the time we can’t received.
You will have to have a very good explanation why you couldn't take it in 2009.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Tue, 14 Jun 2011 8:08 am

OP what is dependant PR ? I am lost here coz I never heard of such terms
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 14 Jun 2011 9:09 am

He means PR for his wife based on his sponsorship as she probably is a housewife, therefore dependent on him for support. Granted the term is incorrect, but then again, literally it is correct.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Postby ecureilx » Tue, 14 Jun 2011 10:06 am

based on the one-post-wonder, and the Nick, I presume the poster is a lady ..

When you apply for PR, there is a paper that sort which you need to read and endorse, and the sheet sort of lovingly asks "Are you freaking sure you have taken this idiotic decision to apply PR and have no regrets and you will never change your mind, and should you change your mind after applying, note that your life can be miserable"

or something to that effect .. :D :D

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 14 Jun 2011 1:23 pm

Yeah, I got the gender mixed up both ways, but the gist is still correct. :wink:

chitralakshmimoorthy

Query abt Dependent PR

Postby chitralakshmimoorthy » Thu, 16 Jun 2011 5:00 pm

Hi,

We are terribly sorry for the situation.

After 3 months I went to India to my delivery (Maternity). Then ICA has sent the letter to my husband address but unfortunately the letter was lost (we are not received the letter by post). We were waiting for 6 months then we checked with ICA. They said as we sent the letter. This is the issue. Please let me know whether we can apply again for Dependent PR or not.

Thanks in advance,
Chitra

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Query abt Dependent PR

Postby ecureilx » Thu, 16 Jun 2011 5:08 pm

chitralakshmimoorthy wrote:Hi,

We are terribly sorry for the situation.

After 3 months I went to India to my delivery (Maternity). Then ICA has sent the letter to my husband address but unfortunately the letter was lost (we are not received the letter by post). We were waiting for 6 months then we checked with ICA. They said as we sent the letter. This is the issue. Please let me know whether we can apply again for Dependent PR or not.

Thanks in advance,
Chitra

This is Singapore, and letters don't go missing, unless your co-tenant or somebody took the letter and threw it away ..

This letter getting lost business is something ICA has never been happy about .. and I know if you don't update ICA, or paid SingPost for letter forwarding and loose the approval letter, ICA throws tantrum .. partly because also shows your sincerity and also they take it that you are not giving PR the importance it requires, and also partly the govt is under a lot of fire because of people who 'forget' to change address leads to all kinds of harassment, loans, credit cards .. etc. etc .. .

As a foreigner, you are not under the legal requirement, to notify change of address, but a PR/SC will go to jail for not updating the address ..

My humble opinion is, only ICA can answer your question, in my opinion ..

What does the online enquiry say, when checked ?

chitralakshmimoorthy

Query abt Dependent PR

Postby chitralakshmimoorthy » Thu, 16 Jun 2011 5:34 pm

Yes, 6 months later we checked over online. At the time shows like 'Record not found'.

Thanks,
Chitra

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Query abt Dependent PR

Postby ecureilx » Thu, 16 Jun 2011 5:47 pm

chitralakshmimoorthy wrote:Yes, 6 months later we checked over online. At the time shows like 'Record not found'.

Thanks,
Chitra

That means ICA decided you are not serious enough to even acknowledge the approval and killed the application ..

The time frame to clear the paperwork from approval is 90 days, if i am not mistaken .. and if, you had got the approval in 30 days (as it happens sometimes) in 4 months, you didn't bother, so ICA came the sane conclusion, especially considering that you had to sign saying that your decision to apply for PR is not a decision made on a whim ..

Only ICA can help you .. seriously .. you need to seek an appointment, and explain to them ..

And pray a lot, depending upon how important this PR is for you ..

chitralakshmimoorthy

Query abt Dependent PR

Postby chitralakshmimoorthy » Thu, 16 Jun 2011 5:55 pm

Hi,

Thanks to you... you spend more to time explain me alot of things.
Mistake happend hereafter we can't change anything. But really me and my son would like to stay in singapore with husband. Anyway we are going to get appointment and explain about our situation.

Once again thank you so much....
Chitra