Singapore Expats Forum

Need to open a Pub in Singapore

Discuss your views about Singapore business & economy, current policies & issues, starting a business in Singapore.
prashanna
Member
Member
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat, 11 Jun 2011
Location: Nepal
Contact:

Postby prashanna » Wed, 15 Jun 2011 6:13 pm

Small world .. is it the one with the name AXXXX ???

He partnered with his friend to setup that place... So I am not sure if you might have mentioned his friend..[/code]

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9253
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Postby ecureilx » Wed, 15 Jun 2011 6:32 pm

prashanna wrote:
Small world .. is it the one with the name AXXXX ???

Not really.. The guy's name is Jos**** Paul... Not sure if you know him but he used to run a bar at Tanjong beach... Can't recall the name of the bar...

and you becoming a legal eagle doesn't help .. as the company secretaries know how to fill the right words in the right place ..


The guy is still undecided, as I mentioned a few posts back... More knowledge only helps me in landing the deal with him... And the problem is that he is only communicating with me.. When I offered him to talk to my Ex-manager, he refused to..
It's a headache.. But I guess it's part of business...


I was referring to the name of the bar ..

As for the investor not willing to talk to your manager, that doesn't bide well .. unless you are going to be the manager, and, then what the manager's role will be ..

If the investor is committed, he would not be so worried :)

Think carefully and work carefully ..

prashanna
Member
Member
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat, 11 Jun 2011
Location: Nepal
Contact:

Postby prashanna » Wed, 15 Jun 2011 6:40 pm

I was referring to the name of the bar ..

As for the investor not willing to talk to your manager, that doesn't bide well .. unless you are going to be the manager, and, then what the manager's role will be ..

If the investor is committed, he would not be so worried Smile

Think carefully and work carefully ..


Thank you for the advice Ecureilx....

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9253
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Postby ecureilx » Thu, 16 Jun 2011 9:59 am

prashanna wrote:Thank you for the advice Ecureilx....


If you really really want my 2 cents, PM me, and I will drop you my experience, once with a Lebanese Investor and the next with a Indian Damn mega rich individual, and then with an Irish investor .. all during my bartending days..

prashanna
Member
Member
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat, 11 Jun 2011
Location: Nepal
Contact:

Postby prashanna » Thu, 16 Jun 2011 8:19 pm

If you really really want my 2 cents, PM me, and I will drop you my experience, once with a Lebanese Investor and the next with a Indian Damn mega rich individual, and then with an Irish investor .. all during my bartending days..

Thanks Ecureilx.. But the guy said he changed his mind for the time being.. So my chance just went down a deep and dirty drain! :x :mad:

User avatar
Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Posts: 3447
Joined: Thu, 03 Dec 2009
Location: TIMBUKTU

Postby Mad Scientist » Fri, 17 Jun 2011 4:35 am

prashanna wrote:Thanks Ecureilx.. But the guy said he changed his mind for the time being.. So my chance just went down a deep and dirty drain! :x :mad:


Not to add injury to the wound but the saying goes if it is too good to be true it is probably not true.
There are alot of these nasty people who likes to play with other people emotions especially when you are down and out.
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9253
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Postby ecureilx » Fri, 17 Jun 2011 10:58 am

Mad Scientist wrote:
prashanna wrote:Thanks Ecureilx.. But the guy said he changed his mind for the time being.. So my chance just went down a deep and dirty drain! :x :mad:


Not to add injury to the wound but the saying goes if it is too good to be true it is probably not true.
There are alot of these nasty people who likes to play with other people emotions especially when you are down and out.


Me, with my bartending days, says .. they are not playing with emotions .. like the KBR fellow whom I was serving .. who did some calculation, and when I told him that I can get hm part ownership of a successful bar, which needed some $ to improve, and for 250K, he was all for it ..

when he became sober, he decided that he shouldn't do what he doesn't know is happening with his $ :D :D

Life is about opportunities .. so .. it was just an opportunity I guess .. no more ..

Prashanna: what is your qualification, if I may ask ?

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34258
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 17 Jun 2011 11:44 am

I believe he has a diploma in Hospitality & tourism, or something like that. I'm not sure if it's from Shatec or not. I do know that there used to lots of Napalese at Shatec (my nephew is also a Shatec Graduate). The fact that he doesn't have a degree would disqualify him using the new criteria for S passes even though he has two or three years of experience. (Takes 5 years of experience to override the lack of a degree according to the MOM officer I had dialog with a MOM last week).

As a side note, the Indian Technician I was having problems with, (my two trips to MOM last week) managed to get renewed at the 11th hours on Monday morning! He's heaving sighs of relief! Me too as I really needed him as he has a local certification that nobody else has obtained in order to work for one of our gov't contracts. Sometimes personal visits to MOM help (but it's difficult to get in to see anyone now. Perseverance and taking the chance of ticking off the wrong person is sometimes necessary! ;-)

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9253
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Postby ecureilx » Fri, 17 Jun 2011 11:59 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:I believe he has a diploma in Hospitality & tourism, or something like that. I'm not sure if it's from Shatec or not. I do know that there used to lots of Napalese at Shatec (my nephew is also a Shatec Graduate). The fact that he doesn't have a degree would disqualify him using the new criteria for S passes even though he has two or three years of experience. (Takes 5 years of experience to override the lack of a degree according to the MOM officer I had dialog with a MOM last week).


I was thinking, at the worst case, I could sound of to a couple of friends, who run restaurants / bars .. if he is keen to look into it ..

Then again, I need to know if he knows more than just pulling the beer tap .. :D :D

prashanna
Member
Member
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat, 11 Jun 2011
Location: Nepal
Contact:

Postby prashanna » Fri, 17 Jun 2011 4:45 pm

My qualification is from a private school... So really doesn't have much value.. But they (MOM) still approved it the first time... May be they are thinking that they made a mistake then! LOL..
Then again, I need to know if he knows more than just pulling the beer tap ..

Anyone here has been to the Crossroads Cafe at the Marriott? I worked in the bar there...Do visit during weekends.. It not just about pulling the beer tap. :) If anyone here used to frequent the Marriott, you probably know me...

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9253
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Postby ecureilx » Fri, 17 Jun 2011 5:00 pm

prashanna wrote:Anyone here has been to the Crossroads Cafe at the Marriott? I worked in the bar there...Do visit during weekends.. It not just about pulling the beer tap. :) If anyone here used to frequent the Marriott, you probably know me...


Crossroads ? Ah, the famous 'bird watching' place ..

Not my cup of tea anyway .. :D :D

that place is good for single tourists, who want to watch the world go by .. I guess .. and make some 'friends' ..

My kaki were in Barnone anyway ..

prashanna
Member
Member
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat, 11 Jun 2011
Location: Nepal
Contact:

Postby prashanna » Fri, 17 Jun 2011 5:11 pm

My kaki were in Barnone anyway ..



Hmmm... Barnone.. Used to be the most happening bar in Orchard... But it's glory days are over... The only people you find in Barnone and The Living Room are Prost***tes now.. I guess you know who I mean.. :D :wink: But they don't belong to Marriott anyways..

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9253
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Postby ecureilx » Fri, 17 Jun 2011 5:50 pm

prashanna wrote:
My kaki were in Barnone anyway ..



Hmmm... Barnone.. Used to be the most happening bar in Orchard... But it's glory days are over... The only people you find in Barnone and The Living Room are Prost***tes now.. I guess you know who I mean.. :D :wink: But they don't belong to Marriott anyways..


Maybe Living Room, but not Barnone ..

And anyway, Barnone wound up as A Canto Bar Again :) so you got your wish ..

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16514
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010
Location: K. Puki Manis

Postby JR8 » Fri, 17 Jun 2011 6:22 pm

Where are these bars, I haven't heard of either? :) :oops:

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9253
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Postby ecureilx » Fri, 17 Jun 2011 6:28 pm

JR8 wrote:Where are these bars, I haven't heard of either? :) :oops:


You mean Where 'were' these bars ?

Barnone was at B1 of Marriot, Living room was and is at the ground floor of Marriot .. past the reception

And Crossroads is the one facing Scotts/Orchard ..


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Business in Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 101s and 0 guests