Singapore Expats Forum

PEP Question-Advice needed!

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
rfr1973
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun, 12 Jun 2011

PEP Question-Advice needed!

Postby rfr1973 » Sun, 12 Jun 2011 12:29 am

Hi,

I applied for PEP from outside Singapore in May 2011 and have been advised by MoM that my PEP application has been approved and my IPA letter will be posted to the local Singapore address I gave in my application. However my issue is that the local address I gave is no more valid as my friend has vacated the apartment in June since he is moving out of Singapore due to some personal reason. Now I am not sure how to get my IPA letter received as it will be mailed to the address given and there will be no one to receive it. Is there a way to get the addressed changed? or can I request MoM to re-issue IPA letter if the first one was already posted but I never received it,

Looking forward to your expert advice. many thanks.

Raja.

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16514
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010
Location: K. Puki Manis

Re: PEP Question-Advice needed!

Postby JR8 » Sun, 12 Jun 2011 12:58 am

rfr1973 wrote:Hi,

I applied for PEP from outside Singapore in May 2011 and have been advised by MoM that my PEP application has been approved and my IPA letter will be posted to the local Singapore address I gave in my application. However my issue is that the local address I gave is no more valid as my friend has vacated the apartment in June since he is moving out of Singapore due to some personal reason. Now I am not sure how to get my IPA letter received as it will be mailed to the address given and there will be no one to receive it. Is there a way to get the addressed changed? or can I request MoM to re-issue IPA letter if the first one was already posted but I never received it,

Looking forward to your expert advice. many thanks.

Raja.


- Does your local contact have postal forwarding in place?

- Failing which, have you tried calling MoM?

rfr1973
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun, 12 Jun 2011

Postby rfr1973 » Tue, 14 Jun 2011 5:55 pm

Thanks, I finally received the PEP IPA, however another thing I am not clear is that the IPA letter for my dependents have a statement that they have a single trip pre-approved visa for Singapore, however this statement is not in my IPA letter. Does it mean I have a visa as well? or may be MoM considered that I am in Singapore when I applied however I applied from outside Singapore and gave a friends address as local contact.

FaeLLe
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 485
Joined: Wed, 28 Feb 2007
Location: London

Postby FaeLLe » Wed, 15 Jun 2011 4:10 pm

rfr1973 wrote:Thanks, I finally received the PEP IPA, however another thing I am not clear is that the IPA letter for my dependents have a statement that they have a single trip pre-approved visa for Singapore, however this statement is not in my IPA letter. Does it mean I have a visa as well? or may be MoM considered that I am in Singapore when I applied however I applied from outside Singapore and gave a friends address as local contact.


Since your letter does not have the clause that it has a single trip pre-approved visa means you cannot travel to Singapore using this IPA.

Your source country immigration will most likely stop you.

If you cannot get Visa on Arrival you need to apply for a SVP from your country (Tourist through approved agents) or through a SPR/SC friend or relative through ICA SAVE system and use that to travel to Singapore after which you can complete PEP formalities.

rfr1973
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun, 12 Jun 2011

Postby rfr1973 » Wed, 15 Jun 2011 4:28 pm

Thanks for your reply, I will apply SVP in this case before traveling to Singapore. I have also raised this issue with MoM as well and waiting to hear from them as well.

FaeLLe
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 485
Joined: Wed, 28 Feb 2007
Location: London

Postby FaeLLe » Wed, 15 Jun 2011 4:37 pm

rfr1973 wrote:Thanks for your reply, I will apply SVP in this case before traveling to Singapore. I have also raised this issue with MoM as well and waiting to hear from them as well.


If using SVP to enter just show SVP e-Visa to both country immigration.
Once you land in SG and cross immigration you can process the PEP.

Atleast this is what I would do... Remember never lie...
If queried about the PEP at SG Immigration explain why you are entering on an SVP (because of lack of pre-approved visa on IPA).

Do not show IPA to immigration of country you are departing from if using SVP, it could complicate things.

rfr1973
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun, 12 Jun 2011

Postby rfr1973 » Wed, 15 Jun 2011 5:06 pm

Thanks again for your valuable advice, just a small question: when I apply for a SVP, should I state the reason in the SVP application form that I am traveling to SIN for processing my PEP card issuance as this is the only reason for my travel and also attach copy of my IPA and receipt of appointment with MoM.

FaeLLe
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 485
Joined: Wed, 28 Feb 2007
Location: London

Postby FaeLLe » Wed, 15 Jun 2011 5:13 pm

rfr1973 wrote:Thanks again for your valuable advice, just a small question: when I apply for a SVP, should I state the reason in the SVP application form that I am traveling to SIN for processing my PEP card issuance as this is the only reason for my travel and also attach copy of my IPA and receipt of appointment with MoM.


You could or to say you are visiting friends.

Wait for SMS or MS to advise on the right process.

conversant
Regular
Regular
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon, 13 Jul 2009

U.S. citizen in need of a local address for PEP app.

Postby conversant » Sun, 09 Oct 2011 3:37 am

Since you've been through this yourself, would you be able to help a fellow PEPper(!) in need, please? Thank you so much!


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests