Singapore Expats

27/f from US. Very new! Need some (mostly lady) friends

New here? Don't be shy. Introduce yourself here and expand your social network!
birdie_nerdie

27/f from US. Very new! Need some (mostly lady) friends

Post by birdie_nerdie » Thu, 09 Jun 2011 10:39 pm

Hello Singapore!

So I have been here for exactly one week and I've managed to get large pieces of my life in order (phew). My most recent home was San Francisco. I don't really know anyone in Singapore at all and I am looking to meet some friends!

I am game for almost anything especially getting to know Singapore (even doing the touristy stuff, just to do it once!), nature-oriented activities, drinks after work, hanging in and watching movies, coffee/lunch on the weekends, exploring the nightlife and, later, adventuring beyond the borders of Singapore. And of course, all these things are so much more enjoyable if you have happy, fun friends with you!

I am planning on checking out the FNDC tomorrow night (June 10) just to see what that's all about. There is a subforum with the directions and all that. Feel free to join me- if it's a bust, we can relocate!

Can't PM yet, so you can drop me an email: [email protected]

I don't mind guy friends but I am not looking for dates of any sort, just to be clear.

Looking forward to new friends and new experiences,
Jessica

JackDaniels

Post by JackDaniels » Mon, 13 Jun 2011 6:09 pm

Hi,

My wife met many of her friends through the American Women's Association.
Hope this helps! We just got here in January.

clgn

Post by clgn » Tue, 14 Jun 2011 5:57 pm

Hi Jessica

I'm also new to Singapore. I'm 25 and I moved here with my boyfriend at the beginning of April from London.

I am really enjoying Singapore and glad we made the move!

I am interested in meeting new people so if you fancy getting a coffee or drink one day let me know.

My email is [email protected]

Hope you are settling in well!

Claire

denverco

Post by denverco » Thu, 16 Jun 2011 4:12 pm

Hi Jessica,

I've also just moved to Singapore from Denver, CO about one week ago. We relocated due to my husband's job so that leaves me home alone during the day. I'm 28 and always up for all the fun things you mentioned in your post :)

You can email me at [email protected] since I can't PM yet.

Hope to hear from you soon!

denverco

Post by denverco » Thu, 16 Jun 2011 4:13 pm

Hi Jessica,

I've also just moved to Singapore from Denver, CO about one week ago. We relocated due to my husband's job so that leaves me home alone during the day. I'm 28 and always up for all the fun things you mentioned in your post :)

You can email me at [email protected] since I can't PM yet.

Hope to hear from you soon!

mairi

Post by mairi » Thu, 16 Jun 2011 10:29 pm

Hey! I've just moved here from Scotland and have some free time to explore Singapore before I start work properly. Give me an email ([email protected]) if you fancy doing something maybe this weekend or checking out the FNDC tomorrow?

Mairi

Dee370

Post by Dee370 » Sun, 19 Jun 2011 7:49 pm

Hi guys! Hope you are all settling in well in Singapore :)

I'm moving over in a week from Scotland and don't really know anyone either...if anyone is up for organising a weekend brunch, drinks etc please feel free to drop me an email on [email protected] (I can't PM yet!).

So excited for the big move! :D

honey_jhe

Hello...

Post by honey_jhe » Thu, 23 Jun 2011 10:30 pm

Hi,

29/F here... been here in SG for 6months already and would like to hang-out and make new friends also... dinner, coffee, partying, gym, drinking, chatting...

since i'm new here... pls email me at [email protected] if you have upcoming events/gathering that i can join... :)

Thanks.

amitjha101

Re: 27/f from US. Very new! Need some (mostly lady) friends

Post by amitjha101 » Thu, 21 Jul 2011 2:00 am

hey ,
Found your email on singapore expat.keep traveling to singapore often for work related.
am 24 and in diamond business.just looking for pure friendship and some drink or movie.
love watching movies,longdrives,photography and making friends

next coming for the singapore F1 Grandprix in september.would love to be your friend...

awaiting reply.

thankx....
birdie_nerdie wrote:Hello Singapore!

So I have been here for exactly one week and I've managed to get large pieces of my life in order (phew). My most recent home was San Francisco. I don't really know anyone in Singapore at all and I am looking to meet some friends!

I am game for almost anything especially getting to know Singapore (even doing the touristy stuff, just to do it once!), nature-oriented activities, drinks after work, hanging in and watching movies, coffee/lunch on the weekends, exploring the nightlife and, later, adventuring beyond the borders of Singapore. And of course, all these things are so much more enjoyable if you have happy, fun friends with you!

I am planning on checking out the FNDC tomorrow night (June 10) just to see what that's all about. There is a subforum with the directions and all that. Feel free to join me- if it's a bust, we can relocate!

Can't PM yet, so you can drop me an email: [email protected]

I don't mind guy friends but I am not looking for dates of any sort, just to be clear.

Looking forward to new friends and new experiences,
Jessica

ButtonButton

Post by ButtonButton » Sun, 24 Jul 2011 9:23 am

Hey! I'm a Canadian girl andI moved to Singapore around the same time as you. still looking for people to explore the area with (ive done very little exploring so far, bad me)
drop me a line! ^^

sarahl

Post by sarahl » Tue, 26 Jul 2011 10:49 pm

Hi! Im 28/f, been in singapore for a a number of months now but looking to meet new people to explore the region with or just hang out for a drink! flick me a text 91736341 and we can arrange something :)

sarahl

Post by sarahl » Tue, 26 Jul 2011 10:49 pm

Hi! Im 28/f, been in singapore for a a number of months now but looking to meet new people to explore the region with or just hang out for a drink! flick me a text 91736341 and we can arrange something :)

joycetan2003

Post by joycetan2003 » Wed, 27 Jul 2011 11:57 am

Hello,

Joyce here. Nice to meet you

daphut

Post by daphut » Fri, 29 Jul 2011 6:10 pm

hi everyone –

i arrived just a couple of weeks ago and just wanted to say hi. i lived in san francisco for 18 years but have been on the east coast for the past 7.

let me know if you want to meet up for a meal or something. i'm 25 and male, but i'd be very happy to keep things platonic.

email: [email protected]

-david

itsrachel

Hi Jessica

Post by itsrachel » Mon, 08 Aug 2011 4:00 pm

I have lived in SF for 10yrs and had recently (14months) moved back to Singapore. Not many friends here as I've been away for a while, so i trying to make some new friends here. Do let me know if you want to meet up for coffee or something. My email [email protected]

cheers