Singapore Expats Forum

Phone Number on Resume

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9812
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Postby ecureilx » Fri, 10 Jun 2011 2:24 pm

BillyB wrote:If companies are so restrictive on any HR related expenses then, in my opinion, they are setting themselves up for failure. And if they are so narrow minded in their thinking, why on earth would people want to work for them?


And you have just confirmed my worst fear .. 90% of companies in Singapore are hopeless :D :D





Coat, Hat, Umbrella .. :wink: :wink:

User avatar
BillyB
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1807
Joined: Fri, 23 Jul 2010
Location: My laptop

Postby BillyB » Fri, 10 Jun 2011 2:26 pm

ecureilx wrote:
BillyB wrote:If companies are so restrictive on any HR related expenses then, in my opinion, they are setting themselves up for failure. And if they are so narrow minded in their thinking, why on earth would people want to work for them?


And you have just confirmed my worst fear .. 90% of companies in Singapore are hopeless :D :D





Coat, Hat, Umbrella .. :wink: :wink:


Hey, I never said that!! I was giving my opinion that's all!! :wink:

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9812
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Postby ecureilx » Fri, 10 Jun 2011 2:29 pm

BillyB wrote:Hey, I never said that!! I was giving my opinion that's all!! :wink:


In a fair world, everybody is equal .. and everybody stands an equal chance .. but in reality, natives prefer natives, and you can never blame them ... not here, not in Europe, not in US .. (and my daily dose of Dailymail UK doesn't say otherwise .. ) and, as much as possible, and if not, there will not quota for any job and .. likewise .. the immigration policy is to look locally first .. :D :D

I rest my case ..

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35159
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 10 Jun 2011 3:01 pm

Your ears must have taken a substantial battering over recent times with all the construction!!


Billy,

What???? Can you type a little louder please! :P

User avatar
BillyB
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1807
Joined: Fri, 23 Jul 2010
Location: My laptop

Postby BillyB » Fri, 10 Jun 2011 3:50 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Your ears must have taken a substantial battering over recent times with all the construction!!


Billy,

What???? Can you type a little louder please! :P


Take your ear plugs out??!!

User avatar
Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Posts: 3459
Joined: Thu, 03 Dec 2009
Location: TIMBUKTU

Postby Mad Scientist » Fri, 10 Jun 2011 4:09 pm

BillyB wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Your ears must have taken a substantial battering over recent times with all the construction!!


Billy,

What???? Can you type a little louder please! :P


Take your ear plugs out??!!


Billy

Back then the Singapore River and Kallang River stinks like hell. No one wants to go for a dip since there were alot of Tong Kang (goods boats) all over the place until they decided to move it out to West Coast. Thanks Ahmad Mattar who was the Environment Minister
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

FaeLLe
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 485
Joined: Wed, 28 Feb 2007
Location: London

To get a singapore number while overseas

Postby FaeLLe » Fri, 10 Jun 2011 4:11 pm

You can use VOIP services to get an incoming Singapore number wherever you are.

They can even forward the call to your India number.

One such local service is Pfingo from Starhub.
Google for it.

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9812
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Postby ecureilx » Fri, 10 Jun 2011 4:25 pm

Mad Scientist wrote:Back then the Singapore River and Kallang River stinks like hell. No one wants to go for a dip since there were alot of Tong Kang (goods boats) all over the place until they decided to move it out to West Coast. Thanks Ahmad Mattar who was the Environment Minister


Back then, Singapore River was a RIVER .. not a reservoir :D :D

And water did flow, both ways .. depending on the tide :D

User avatar
BillyB
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1807
Joined: Fri, 23 Jul 2010
Location: My laptop

Postby BillyB » Fri, 10 Jun 2011 4:45 pm

Mad Scientist wrote:
BillyB wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Your ears must have taken a substantial battering over recent times with all the construction!!


Billy,

What???? Can you type a little louder please! :P


Take your ear plugs out??!!


Billy

Back then the Singapore River and Kallang River stinks like hell. No one wants to go for a dip since there were alot of Tong Kang (goods boats) all over the place until they decided to move it out to West Coast. Thanks Ahmad Mattar who was the Environment Minister


It's amazing how places change over time. I hardly recognise the environment in old pictures from when I was born, and even those taken a decade ago make me think - 'was that really how things looked back then'.

MS - do people actually go swimming in the SG rivers?

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9812
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Postby ecureilx » Fri, 10 Jun 2011 5:03 pm

BillyB wrote:
It's amazing how places change over time. I hardly recognise the environment in old pictures from when I was born, and even those taken a decade ago make me think - 'was that really how things looked back then'.

MS - do people actually go swimming in the SG rivers?


Late 90's I remember a guy who went to fish in the Kallang River and got swept away .. and in Boat Quay, a US Marine (the best of the best) fell into the river and drowned :D ;) ;)

ksbat
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon, 01 Nov 2010
Location: Bishan

Postby ksbat » Fri, 10 Jun 2011 5:37 pm

Hey SMS, on 2nd July it's 29 years for me, although not all in Singapore but did marry one of them. Did you ever hang out at Chinoiserie? Sorry for hijacking wont post anymore.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35159
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 10 Jun 2011 6:11 pm

Nah. Spent most of my wilder days listening to the various country clubs like Giniviy's, Boots & Saddles, Honky Tonk in Katong, Jockey Pub, Treetops & the like, with occasional forays to Top Ten, Jockey Pub/St. Regis, and the good ole Trop! Also used to do Bugis Street and the Sembawang Strip for special celebrations. :oops!: :shit:

ksbat
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon, 01 Nov 2010
Location: Bishan

Postby ksbat » Fri, 10 Jun 2011 6:55 pm

Jockey Pub! That rings a bell. Maybe being female I was more into the disco/dress up theme.

mariosgp
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat, 25 Jun 2011

Re: Phone Number on Resume

Postby mariosgp » Sat, 25 Jun 2011 3:14 am

athard wrote:I am moving to India from the US in July. Then, I am planning to start job hunting in Singapore and intend to travel there as well.

Using Google Voice, I can get a US number that rings on a phone in India, however that facility is not available in Singapore.

I have been looking for other similar services for Singapore.

My question is about my resume. Should I list my Indian phone number on my resume? Is there a service similar to Google Voice in Singapore? Would it be advantageous to use a service like that and redirect it to my phone in India? Does it even matter?

Any advice would help.

Thanks in advance.


Give your Indian phone number. If you are really qualified, they will call you irregardless. Many headhunters here have VoIP so calling overseas is not an issue.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35159
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 25 Jun 2011 7:02 am

There is no such word as irregardless. :roll:


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Careers & Jobs in Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests