SINGAPORE EXPATS FORUM
Singapore Expat Forum and Message Board for Expats in Singapore & Expatriates Relocating to Singapore
Chats, Flames, Jokes, Junks. Don't know where to post ? You've just found the right place.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 8333
- Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009
- Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children
ksl wrote:Found this quite interesting and strange if true!
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/f ... 435751.stm
* yeah, it's true
* it's just a culture of fun and preferences for terms of endearment
* it works pretty much the same way as nick names you can get if you're in the military. People think its "cute"
* also a lack for a more global view which really doesn't bother to check for possible cross cultural faux pas
* fyi, I don't have a nick name. No one just bothered and I like it that way
- Similar Topics
- Last post
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests