Singapore Expats Forum

Pending inputs from vetting agencies

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34783
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 29 Jun 2012 5:15 pm

Yep. Sure have. I get them all the time.

Frank1986
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri, 29 Jun 2012

Postby Frank1986 » Mon, 02 Jul 2012 9:50 am

If my declaration of education and other details are really genuine, Do I have a chance to gain approvement ?

Because I feel low.

Thank to all.

User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8333
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children
Contact:

Postby nakatago » Mon, 02 Jul 2012 9:59 am

Frank1986 wrote:If my declaration of education and other details are really genuine, Do I have a chance to gain approvement ?

Because I feel low.

Thank to all.


Not necessarily as it's still subject to their discretion if they find you suitable or not.

But at least you can take pride in the fact that you have nothing to hide.

amarzub
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu, 02 Sep 2010

Postby amarzub » Fri, 14 Sep 2012 2:39 pm

Its two years passed and here i am again. My HR submitted my EP renewal and again i got same message "Pending inputs from vetting agencies" This is my 3rd EP renewal in same company and 4th in total. And always it take month or so for approval. Can some advise why always this happen to me or this happen to everyone ? Who those people are who claim that their EP approved within couple of days or within a week?

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34783
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 14 Sep 2012 3:10 pm

If it's been getting approved, don't sweat it.

revhappy
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1067
Joined: Wed, 10 Jun 2009

Postby revhappy » Fri, 14 Sep 2012 3:17 pm

amarzub wrote:Its two years passed and here i am again. My HR submitted my EP renewal and again i got same message "Pending inputs from vetting agencies" This is my 3rd EP renewal in same company and 4th in total. And always it take month or so for approval. Can some advise why always this happen to me or this happen to everyone ? Who those people are who claim that their EP approved within couple of days or within a week?


I claim that mine got approved in 1 day, the 1st time when I got it and the 2 time renewal also in 1 day. Then 3rd time when changed companies it took 2 days :)

Depends on your profile, lah. Your education. Your prior experience and all that.

amarzub
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu, 02 Sep 2010

Postby amarzub » Fri, 14 Sep 2012 3:31 pm

Well I have a simple question. I am been ere more then 6 years had 4 EPs and I am very sure MOM already had checked my back ground. What I don't understand is don't they kept the record of past vetting agencies inputs? Or its might be policy to recheck every after two years.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34783
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 14 Sep 2012 3:48 pm

Nobody know the methods that MOM uses. Or how the criteria might change from year to year or in recent years, from month to month.

amarzub
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu, 02 Sep 2010

Postby amarzub » Mon, 17 Sep 2012 8:24 pm

Hi Guys - Onc update for those who hit by this message. Today my HR called to MOM and HR was informed that other govt agencies need to check my details and i will have check online 2 months from date application submitted. They did not not tell any reason for the checking and they are not sure. HR was advised to check with MOM after 2 months.

Not sure what details MOM referencing. Only what made me confused are they do every after two years ?

friendlybossy
Member
Member
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed, 08 Oct 2008

Postby friendlybossy » Tue, 18 Sep 2012 12:32 am

amarzub wrote:Hi Guys - Onc update for those who hit by this message. Today my HR called to MOM and HR was informed that other govt agencies need to check my details and i will have check online 2 months from date application submitted. They did not not tell any reason for the checking and they are not sure. HR was advised to check with MOM after 2 months.

Not sure what details MOM referencing. Only what made me confused are they do every after two years ?


You may have seen that pre 2009 was the rush time for EP, PR, etc and MOM, ICA was processing a large number of applications in such a short time, they may be doing the check now to ensure that those approved are still eligible under the new requirements and at the same time do an audit for the past applications

amarzub
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu, 02 Sep 2010

Postby amarzub » Tue, 25 Sep 2012 5:44 pm

Hi All - Finally after 11 days of waiting I got approval but something strange happened, I was on P1 and now status shows Q1 i am not sure what does it mean but i heard they downgrade me even i meet the all requirements such as education and my salary is much higher then MOM set for P1. Not sure why they downgrade me.

No one ever can understand Govt complex policies.

User avatar
zzm9980
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6837
Joined: Wed, 06 Jul 2011
Location: Once more unto the breach

Postby zzm9980 » Tue, 25 Sep 2012 6:57 pm

amarzub wrote:Hi All - Finally after 11 days of waiting I got approval but something strange happened, I was on P1 and now status shows Q1 i am not sure what does it mean but i heard they downgrade me even i meet the all requirements such as education and my salary is much higher then MOM set for P1. Not sure why they downgrade me.

No one ever can understand Govt complex policies.


You went from P1 to Q1? But your salary is same or more? Interesting.

Where are you from? Did you have dependents on your EP? (DPs or LTVPs) What kind of work do you do?

Hmm. What about school? This chart shows an "acceptable qualifications" under P1. I don't recall if that was there previously:

http://www.mom.gov.sg/foreign-manpower/ ... fault.aspx

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34783
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 25 Sep 2012 7:52 pm

Sounds like they are chopping off at the knees some of our more intrepid interlopers from the subcontinent. Lot of Entrepasses out there. A fair number of them set up those interlopers who then bring in goodly numbers of persons with substandard degrees and give them 8K/of which they remit back 4 or 5 K to the employer. This allows them to bring in additional family members, etc., etc. I think that MOM is wising up. Now they are going to have to start showing suitable experience in the position being offered in addition to the salary requirements, which if you think about it, makes sense. I'm guessing probably at least 10 years experience in the particular industry/skillset.

With only "some" experience it would really be hard to justify their salaries so I'm figuring that MOM has realized this and because the income requirements for any level pass is an arbitrary minimum set by MOM, without any maximums if you will notice. This means you could, if MOM felt like it, earn 20K/month as a coded TIG welder with a B. Metallurgy and be on a Q pass. That's just an example, but I know of shipyard skilled workers who are making 6K/mo on S passes. Most of diploma holders with experience but some are degree holders as well.

The current idea is probably to wean Singapore companies off of foreign help and to help push that along, foreigners are going to be downgraded until mom finds their pain thresholds and they pack their bags & move on. This way the choice is on the foreign talent if they want to call it a day as the MOM is still allowing them to work and earn the same amount but just reducing the "family" perks. After all, foreign talent is supposed to be temporary expendable talent.

User avatar
v4jr4
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 887
Joined: Mon, 09 Jul 2012
Location: Chocolate Factory

Postby v4jr4 » Wed, 26 Sep 2012 10:37 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:The current idea is probably to wean Singapore companies off of foreign help and to help push that along, foreigners are going to be downgraded until mom finds their pain thresholds and they pack their bags & move on. This way the choice is on the foreign talent if they want to call it a day as the MOM is still allowing them to work and earn the same amount but just reducing the "family" perks. After all, foreign talent is supposed to be temporary expendable talent.


Seems like the debate about "choosy" job seekers will continue, while gahmen wants to (URL CENSORED DUE TO COPYRIGHTS ISSUE) avoid shrinking local workforce[/url]. Oh, well...
"Budget Expat"

jackinthebox
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed, 21 Aug 2013

Postby jackinthebox » Wed, 21 Aug 2013 11:46 am

My employer submitted my application online on 12 August 2013. They received notification that my application will take about 2 months for vetting agencies verification. I fall under P1, way above 8k number. How long usually is the verification?


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests