Singapore Expats Forum

chinese operating system?

Discuss about computers & Internet. Including mobile phones, home appliances & other gadgets. Read about Windows security risks or virus updates.
shiranaihito
Regular
Regular

chinese operating system?

Postby shiranaihito » Fri, 03 Jun 2011 4:03 pm

I do not know the correct term to express it.. Kindly guide me on how to install the Chinese operation system for my parents as they do not understand English. My dad needs to surf something during his short holiday. They already have a computer in their room, but their sons (i.e. my brothers) though always use their $$$$$$$$ to indulge in I.T stuffs, etc lah, some more 1 of them study in I.T a but do not want to help my parents on it.

anyway, can someone guide me how?

well, I only use computer/internet when necessary, do not like to always engage in I.T stuffs nor always follow whatsoever I.T trend.

thank you in advance :D :D

ksl
Governor
Governor

Re: chinese operating system?

Postby ksl » Fri, 03 Jun 2011 5:15 pm

shiranaihito wrote:I do not know the correct term to express it.. Kindly guide me on how to install the Chinese operation system for my parents as they do not understand English. My dad needs to surf something during his short holiday. They already have a computer in their room, but their sons (i.e. my brothers) though always use their $$$$$$$$ to indulge in I.T stuffs, etc lah, some more 1 of them study in I.T a but do not want to help my parents on it.

well, I only use computer/internet when necessary, do not like to always engage in I.T stuffs nor always follow whatsoever I.T trend.

You will need to download the chinese application if it's not installed
read here first and check that it's free http://www.njstar.com/cms/ or try to search for a free application that can do the same.

Otherwise you need to partition the hard drive and install a Chinese version OS... the first option should be enough

shiranaihito
Regular
Regular

Re: chinese operating system?

Postby shiranaihito » Sat, 04 Jun 2011 8:05 am

ksl wrote:
shiranaihito wrote:I do not know the correct term to express it.. Kindly guide me on how to install the Chinese operation system for my parents as they do not understand English. My dad needs to surf something during his short holiday. They already have a computer in their room, but their sons (i.e. my brothers) though always use their $$$$$$$$ to indulge in I.T stuffs, etc lah, some more 1 of them study in I.T a but do not want to help my parents on it.

You will need to download the chinese application if it's not installed
read here first and check that it's free http://www.njstar.com/cms/ or try to search for a free application that can do the same.

Otherwise you need to partition the hard drive and install a Chinese version OS... the first option should be enough

my parents wish to visit the hdb website or any other website, wish to view it in chinese version, so is it everything will be in chinese version after installing the free chinese application?

thank you.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Sat, 04 Jun 2011 5:27 pm

Yes has it downloads all the required Chinese fonts, to display in those websites in Chinese, the application allows you to write and search in Chinese read all the information before you download. Otherwise ask a Chinese person at any computer outlet to help you solve your problem. Do not pay more than 10 or 15$ for the help, as everything should be free. Just the persons time you need to down load it and show you how it works. Many Chinese use this application including my wife for writing.

Though i hope you are not silly enough to believe it's a translator, for all your website surfing it is not. It is only for writing Chinese characters in the search box.

The HDB website will say it in Chinese if it's in Chinese, don't you think? You cannot expect to load and application and puff the magic dragon, you have Chinese! Hello!

shiranaihito
Regular
Regular

Postby shiranaihito » Sat, 04 Jun 2011 6:12 pm

ksl wrote:Yes has it downloads all the required Chinese fonts, to display in those websites in Chinese, the application allows you to write and search in Chinese read all the information before you download. Otherwise ask a Chinese person at any computer outlet to help you solve your problem. Do not pay more than 10 or 15$ for the help, as everything should be free. Just the persons time you need to down load it and show you how it works. Many Chinese use this application including my wife for writing.

Though i hope you are not silly enough to believe it's a translator, for all your website surfing it is not. It is only for writing Chinese characters in the search box.

The HDB website will say it in Chinese if it's in Chinese, don't you think? You cannot expect to load and application and puff the magic dragon, you have Chinese! Hello!

apologies, I have difficulties in understanding your English in the last two paragraph. What are you trying to say?

nakatago

Postby nakatago » Sat, 04 Jun 2011 6:23 pm

You can install Google Chrome and set you default language to Chinese. Turn on auto translate and it will try to translate any other language when it can.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Sun, 05 Jun 2011 12:31 am

I'm saying the HDB website is only in English and not Chinese.

If you need to translate try google chrome browser and set default to Chinese as nakatago said.