Singapore Expats Forum

Looking for a job in Sangapore for an Indian CA-MBA(FIN)

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

ARPITA KARMAKAR

Looking for a job in Sangapore for an Indian CA-MBA(FIN)

Postby ARPITA KARMAKAR » Thu, 18 Nov 2004 6:32 pm

Hi
I am looking for a job in Singapore for my husband.
Ideally both of us want to stay in Singapore for about a term of 5-6yrs and then come back to India.

My husband is a CA and MBA Finance from IIM(JOKA).
He is currently working in Bharti Cellular Services (popularly known as ARTEL INDIA) as a Senior Manager in Finance and MIS TAXATION REGULATORY.

I myself being placed in IBM KOLKATA..

Can any one tell me what can be the job options for him at Singapore?
and where to apply and search.??

Earliest response appreciated.
Thanks and warm regards
Arpita Karmakar[/size][/size]
Thanks n Best Regards
Arpi

xyz

ur Q

Postby xyz » Tue, 23 Nov 2004 11:21 am

Try out these websites.... jobstreet, jobsdb, monster
U can also get ur hubby to work it out with his alumni n/w... how abt u? U can try a job for urself as well... and if either of u get an offer... i m sure u guys can first shift here( money wud b enuf)...and then the other one can find a job too

Francis28

Postby Francis28 » Thu, 13 Jan 2005 6:50 pm

Both of you look pretty comfortable with your current employments, why would you fancy a move to SG?

confused gal

hi Francis 28

Postby confused gal » Fri, 21 Jan 2005 3:04 am

hi Francis,
i would like to knw...r u in to social service or something??
im bit confused..i can see u suggesting something or the other to almost everbody on the Expats chart..Could u plzz tell me who r u ? & whts yr occupation??(if u dont mind).
Just lil inquisitive....dont mind!!!!!

GOD BLESS U!

frm,
Confused lil gal.

Postby Guest » Fri, 21 Jan 2005 9:12 am

Why don't you try applying for an internal job transfer to relocate to SG, and your husband could try the major telcos, Singtel, M1, Starhub.

You really do look comfortable back home though. If you're thinking of using SG as a stepping stone to the US or UK, I think its best you rethink that strategy and try skipping SG.

Well Wisher

Why Singapore?

Postby Well Wisher » Sun, 06 Feb 2005 4:41 am

Though it looks like Singapore is a great place but actually there is nothing there. Spending 5 years in this small place is next to impossible. I myself stayed there for couple of years fand worked there in HSBC and I almost went mad.....so think of some other place than Singapore
Why don't you try somewhere in UK/USA?
US will suit both of you. You have major telecom players there so your husband can easily get into something....
And for you IBM itself is there. So what to worry?