Singapore Expats Forum

90 days SVP still vaild when leaving the country ?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Snokie

90 days SVP still vaild when leaving the country ?

Postby Snokie » Wed, 01 Jun 2011 5:00 pm

Hi, I haven´t found a answer for my question so any help is very much appreciated.

Actually I just got a 90 day Visa last weekend (valid til 24 Aug) but I now want to explore the region, going three days to Thailand and 2 to Malaysia (by plane) and another 3 days to Vietnam.

Is my Singapore Visa still valid when I do these short trips to other countries and want to come back to continue my stay here ?

Thanks !
Snokie

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Wed, 01 Jun 2011 5:02 pm

Nope , set back to zero when you leave the country.
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

Snokie

Postby Snokie » Wed, 01 Jun 2011 5:06 pm

when I last year was for a daytrip in Malaysia I haven´t had a problem to enter Singapore again.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Postby JR8 » Wed, 01 Jun 2011 6:02 pm

Snokie wrote:when I last year was for a daytrip in Malaysia I haven´t had a problem to enter Singapore again.

Maybe so, but when left any remaining time on the SVP was cancelled and when you re-entered you would have received a new SVP.

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Wed, 01 Jun 2011 6:19 pm

You will _probably_ get another 90 days each time you come back in unless they thought you were trying to make visa runs to stay here indefinitely.

Snokie

Postby Snokie » Wed, 01 Jun 2011 7:48 pm

I checked my passport from last years visit (was a short visit) but after 3 days I left for a day tour to Malaysia and when I came back I kindly received a new 90 day visa. Will se how it works this time.

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Wed, 01 Jun 2011 8:32 pm

The fact of the matter is that if you are a tourist using Singapore as a jumping off place, you will be well accommodated... they want you to come to Singapore and use it as a base to see the rest of Asia. ICA will stamp your passport with number of days based upon country of origin.

The people who get caught are those that are trying to stay here more or less permanently without authorization to do so. They make a border crossing to Batam or JB, come back the next day, expect another 90. Sooner or later, they get 3 days... to pack and leave.

Snokie

Postby Snokie » Thu, 02 Jun 2011 9:55 am

thanks !