Singapore Expats Forum

laundry 'pulley'?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

shiranaihito
Regular
Regular
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon, 04 May 2009

laundry 'pulley'?

Postby shiranaihito » Wed, 01 Jun 2011 3:03 pm

actually talking about a kind of 'pulley that can hang wet clothes then can withdraw in/out via the pulley to dry the clothes under the sun.. its so convenient!! My aunt has one but she said that no longer available..

I feel my mum needs it, I want to purchase the set for her to replace the bamboo poles, I feel those bamboo poles with wet clothes too heavy!

know what I'm talking? who has it too? any idea where am I able to purchase it..


:roll:

User avatar
Strong Eagle
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 11108
Joined: Sat, 10 Jul 2004
Location: Off The Red Dot
Contact:

Postby Strong Eagle » Wed, 01 Jun 2011 6:15 pm

You could probably make your own quite easily. Go to Homely Hardware... large selection of pulleys and lots of different kinds of rope. Fasten pulley to bamboo pole. Run rope through pulley. Put bamboo pole out the window. Will need to be able to tie down the ends of the rope.

User avatar
Strong Eagle
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 11108
Joined: Sat, 10 Jul 2004
Location: Off The Red Dot
Contact:

Postby Strong Eagle » Wed, 01 Jun 2011 6:15 pm

You could probably make your own quite easily. Go to Homely Hardware... large selection of pulleys and lots of different kinds of rope. Fasten pulley to bamboo pole. Run rope through pulley. Put bamboo pole out the window. Will need to be able to tie down the ends of the rope.

shiranaihito
Regular
Regular
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon, 04 May 2009

Postby shiranaihito » Wed, 01 Jun 2011 7:54 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:You could probably make your own quite easily. Go to Homely Hardware... large selection of pulleys and lots of different kinds of rope. Fasten pulley to bamboo pole. Run rope through pulley. Put bamboo pole out the window. Will need to be able to tie down the ends of the rope.



any pictures of complete d.i.y laundry pulley?

:???:

User avatar
Strong Eagle
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 11108
Joined: Sat, 10 Jul 2004
Location: Off The Red Dot
Contact:

Postby Strong Eagle » Wed, 01 Jun 2011 8:36 pm

shiranaihito wrote:
Strong Eagle wrote:You could probably make your own quite easily. Go to Homely Hardware... large selection of pulleys and lots of different kinds of rope. Fasten pulley to bamboo pole. Run rope through pulley. Put bamboo pole out the window. Will need to be able to tie down the ends of the rope.



any pictures of complete d.i.y laundry pulley?

:???:


OK... I was wrong... you probably can't make it yourself.

shiranaihito
Regular
Regular
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon, 04 May 2009

Postby shiranaihito » Wed, 01 Jun 2011 8:46 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:
shiranaihito wrote:
Strong Eagle wrote:You could probably make your own quite easily. Go to Homely Hardware... large selection of pulleys and lots of different kinds of rope. Fasten pulley to bamboo pole. Run rope through pulley. Put bamboo pole out the window. Will need to be able to tie down the ends of the rope.



any pictures of complete d.i.y laundry pulley?

:???:


OK... I was wrong... you probably can't make it yourself.



right, I can't make it. Better to buy the set that is similar as my aunt's

thanks anyway for your suggestion 8-)

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35160
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 01 Jun 2011 9:27 pm

FT? :roll:

shiranaihito
Regular
Regular
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon, 04 May 2009

Postby shiranaihito » Wed, 01 Jun 2011 9:52 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:FT? :roll:



FT = ?

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16514
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010
Location: K. Puki Manis

Postby JR8 » Wed, 01 Jun 2011 10:20 pm

shiranaihito wrote:right, I can't make it. Better to buy the set that is similar as my aunt's
thanks anyway for your suggestion 8-)


This is the set that your aunt says is no longer available? :?

shiranaihito
Regular
Regular
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon, 04 May 2009

Postby shiranaihito » Wed, 01 Jun 2011 10:31 pm

JR8 wrote:
shiranaihito wrote:right, I can't make it. Better to buy the set that is similar as my aunt's
thanks anyway for your suggestion 8-)


This is the set that your aunt says is no longer available? :?



u know what I'm talking ??

ya, that's what she told us, don't know how true, anyway, she's not the supplier of it what, thus I still carry the hope of purchasing it for my mum... hence ask around

:roll:

daydreamertw
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed, 24 Aug 2011

Postby daydreamertw » Wed, 24 Aug 2011 3:51 pm

shiranaihito wrote:
JR8 wrote:
shiranaihito wrote:right, I can't make it. Better to buy the set that is similar as my aunt's
thanks anyway for your suggestion 8-)


This is the set that your aunt says is no longer available? :?



u know what I'm talking ??

ya, that's what she told us, don't know how true, anyway, she's not the supplier of it what, thus I still carry the hope of purchasing it for my mum... hence ask around

:roll:



got 1 at hangtech, remoted controlled ones for $680. its easy for my mum to use.

hougangpeterlee
Member
Member
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue, 16 Aug 2011

Postby hougangpeterlee » Wed, 24 Aug 2011 10:35 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:You could probably make your own quite easily. Go to Homely Hardware... large selection of pulleys and lots of different kinds of rope. Fasten pulley to bamboo pole. Run rope through pulley. Put bamboo pole out the window. Will need to be able to tie down the ends of the rope.


Great insights. I am very sure that such a pulley system can be easily assembled by oneself as well.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35160
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 24 Aug 2011 11:14 pm

:roll:

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16514
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010
Location: K. Puki Manis

Postby JR8 » Thu, 25 Aug 2011 1:32 am

hougangpeterlee wrote:Great insights. I am very sure that such a pulley system can be easily assembled by oneself as well.


How to Make a Pulley Clothes Line
http://www.doityourself.com/stry/how-to ... othes-line

Doesn't sound very challenging
(Oh I forgot that in SG 'DIY' refers to clearing your own tray at the food court.

Hey here's an idea, get your Domestic Helper to do it for you, maybe while at it you can also ask her to teach you which end of a screwdriver you're meant to hold. You know 'DIY babysteps with Maria 1.01.1' :lol:)

hougangpeterlee
Member
Member
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue, 16 Aug 2011

Postby hougangpeterlee » Thu, 25 Aug 2011 10:17 pm

JR8 wrote:
hougangpeterlee wrote:Great insights. I am very sure that such a pulley system can be easily assembled by oneself as well.


How to Make a Pulley Clothes Line
http://www.doityourself.com/stry/how-to ... othes-line

Doesn't sound very challenging
(Oh I forgot that in SG 'DIY' refers to clearing your own tray at the food court.

Hey here's an idea, get your Domestic Helper to do it for you, maybe while at it you can also ask her to teach you which end of a screwdriver you're meant to hold. You know 'DIY babysteps with Maria 1.01.1' :lol:)


Exactly! That is what I was saying. How hard can it be to DIY a contraption that supports at least 50kg of wet clothes outside the window of a high rise apartment?

Yup, even my domestic helper can do it. Just get our strongest rubber bands and buy a few pulleys ....

And how did you know that every S'porean has a maid!?? You are really so intelligent!


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests