Singapore Expats Forum

Regarding STVP Extension

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
sanky_001

Regarding STVP Extension

Postby sanky_001 » Wed, 01 Jun 2011 7:30 am

Dear All,

Good morning :)

I have read many forum threads for STVP extension but couldn't find an answer pertaining to my concern.

I am an Indian holding Studing Pass.

My mom has visted me and she is currently staying here on a STVP.
She has a multiple-entry visa expiring November 2011.

She came on 26th May, 2011 and the stay is valid till 24th June, 2011 (30days) and intending to stay for 2months.

My questions are:

1. When is the best time to apply for the extension?

2. For a higher chance of approval, is it better to do it online or in person at ICA?

Btw: One of my friends, applied for an STVP extension within 15days after he arrived and was refused extension. So I am a bit concerned about timeframe within which I should apply.

I also understand that I can travel to JB or KL for a short trip, but owing to my mom's helath reason, I am tring to aviod that.

I thank you for your advise in advance. Cheers :)

carlsum1986
Chatter
Chatter

Postby carlsum1986 » Wed, 01 Jun 2011 9:49 am

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 01 Jun 2011 9:52 am

Why do you think because your friend was rejected, you will be rejected? Are you an identical clone of your friend? Are your entire families clones? Each applications is taken on it's own merits.

Did you bother to go to the ICA website and click on the eExtend link and actually read what is there? Why not? If you did, why are you asking the same questions here?

Conditions

If you fulfill all the following conditions, you can submit an application online.

a) You have not previously obtained an extension of stay on this trip
b) You wish to extend your stay up to 89 days from date of entry to Singapore
c) Your visit pass has a remaining validity of at least 2 working days from date of submission. (Note: Working days are from Monday to Saturday, excluding public holidays)
d) You will not return to Singapore within 5 days from the departure date of your current trip

If you confirm that you fulfill all the above conditions and agree that you will not be seeking any (further) extension after this application, irrespective of the outcome, you may

a) Click Extension up to 30 days link in the main menu if you wish to apply for extension up to 30 days from expiry of current visit pass
b) Click Extension up to 89 days link in the main menu if you wish to apply for extension up to 89 days from date of entry and fulfill the following criteria:-
(i) You are a foreigner with family ties where your immediate family members are Singapore Citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident and you are able to furnish original supporting documentary evidence to establish relationship; or
(ii) You are a foreigner who is seeking medical treatment in Singapore and are able to furnish original letter from a Singapore registered doctor to support your extension of stay.

Travellers who do not fulfill the above conditions would need to apply for an extension in person at the Visitor Services Centre (4th Storey), ICA Building.

All of your questions are answered there. Apply when you have 4 or 5 days left. :roll:

sanky_001

Postby sanky_001 » Wed, 01 Jun 2011 10:15 am

I thank you very much for your responses Chatter and SMS :)

Dear Carlsum1986,

With reference to your link (visit pass), I already spoke to ICA and it is applicable only if a Child is less than 21 years old. I am above 21.

Dear SMS,

Hehe, I did but was quite unsure as to whenz the best time to apply #-o

So I will apply when there are 4 or 5 days left then. Hope she gets the extension.

Appreciate your time.

Have a great day. Cheers !!! :wave:

sanky_001

Postby sanky_001 » Mon, 20 Jun 2011 5:37 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Apply when you have 4 or 5 days left. :roll:

Dear SMS,

Hope all is well.

As suggested by you, I applied this morning and got my mother's SVTP approved. Im very happy. Thanks a bunch :)

I tried to make the payment and it says 'No Visa Payment required. Please click here to check on your application status'. So there is no charge for the extension then ? :???:

Appreciate your time in advance :)

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 20 Jun 2011 6:03 pm

Apparently not. Be thankful. :wink: