Singapore Expats Forum

When PR gets approved

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
tstyn

When PR gets approved

Postby tstyn » Sun, 29 May 2011 7:55 am

Dear friends,

I understand that once the PR has been granted, one has up to 2 months to complete the formalities.
However, I can't seem to find any information on what exactly does these formalities entail? (both here and on the ICA website)

Would appreciate if someone could help to list down the steps.
Thank you.

x9200

Re: When PR gets approved

Postby x9200 » Sun, 29 May 2011 8:48 am

tstyn wrote:Dear friends,

I understand that once the PR has been granted, one has up to 2 months to complete the formalities.
However, I can't seem to find any information on what exactly does these formalities entail? (both here and on the ICA website)

Would appreciate if someone could help to list down the steps.
Thank you.

You have them in the letter you received from ICA informing you that PR was granted. Unless they requested something specific from you this would be mainly medical check (if applicable).

IronMac
Regular
Regular

Postby IronMac » Sun, 05 Jun 2011 8:17 am

Right, once you have all of the documentation that they want, you go on to the ICA website and book an appt to see an officer. Go down there at the appointed time and they will go through the paperwork with you and thumbprint you.

Then, you wait a week for your IC.

azg77v

Postby azg77v » Wed, 08 Jun 2011 1:41 am

I'm going for the PR formalities in a few days.

Wait one week for IC, really? When do they collect and destroy the old EP IC? Does it mean I cannot leave SG within this one week?

Thanks.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Wed, 08 Jun 2011 4:45 am

azg77v wrote:I'm going for the PR formalities in a few days.

Wait one week for IC, really? When do they collect and destroy the old EP IC? Does it mean I cannot leave SG within this one week?

Thanks.

Return the EP and you will get blue IC

YOu enter and leave SG with the Passport not the EP card dork !!
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

azg77v

Postby azg77v » Wed, 08 Jun 2011 8:30 am

I've never tried going through SG immigration check point at the airport without my EP card. What I did notice was they looked at your passport and scanned your EP. Hence the question. Thanks Genius !!

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Wed, 08 Jun 2011 9:28 am

azg77v wrote:

I've never tried going through SG immigration check point at the airport without my EP card. What I did notice was they looked at your passport and scanned your EP. Hence the question. Thanks Genius !!

Your EP shows you have valid working visa that is all

If you do not have that , you will be issued 30 days SVP. Capisce ?

To add, if you have been pre approved for PR, ICA at border control would have your info in their database. Capisce ?
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!