Singapore Expats Forum

Work Holiday Pass vs. EPEC/LTVP

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
andrew22

Work Holiday Pass vs. EPEC/LTVP

Postby andrew22 » Sun, 29 May 2011 5:10 am

I apologize if this has been covered here before, but I couldn't seem to find the exact inquiry through search. I have just graduated from a university in the US and have secured an (unpaid) internship at a hedge fund in SG that I would love to take. It appears that, even though it will be unpaid, I still need a work visa to be fully legitimate. As a fresh graduate, I suppose I am still eligible for a WHP, which I also held over the summer of 2009 after studying for a semester at NUS. The WHP seems to satisfy the requirements for my internship, but I am curious as to whether or not I still need to submit a letter from my university with my matric. info, race, nationality, etc. as I did in 2009. Will a copy of my degree supersede this requirement, or should I submit both?

I am also searching for long-term employment in Singapore. I was wondering if I can apply for/hold both a WHP and an EPEC at the same time? Furthermore, if I can indeed hold both, can I also apply for LTVP while holding WHP? Or directly after expiration of the WHP? Thanks for your help. Cheers.

beppi
Manager
Manager

Postby beppi » Sun, 29 May 2011 10:51 am

The company employing you (with or without pay) is responsible for applying for the appropriate work pass you need. Ask them!

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Re: Work Holiday Pass vs. EPEC/LTVP

Postby Mad Scientist » Sun, 29 May 2011 6:03 pm

andrew22 wrote:
I am also searching for long-term employment in Singapore. I was wondering if I can apply for/hold both a WHP and an EPEC at the same time? Furthermore, if I can indeed hold both, can I also apply for LTVP while holding WHP? Or directly after expiration of the WHP? Thanks for your help. Cheers.

Not sure on WHP thing but I think it falls into either TEP or TWP category
Temporary Employment Pass or Temporary Work Pass. You should get your employer apply for TEP not TWP
BTW you can only hold one pass at a time in SG. You cannot hold dual pass period
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!