Singapore Expats Forum

Tourist Visa & Long Term Visit Pass

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
rk1977_in

Tourist Visa & Long Term Visit Pass

Postby rk1977_in » Sat, 28 May 2011 6:55 pm

I seek advice on my question with all as to how I should proceed further.

I am an Indian, working here in singapore for almost two years and holding PEP currently. I applied for long term visit pass(Form 14) for my parent's in law's on May 19th of this month and awaiting MOM approval which takes 5 weeks for processing.

I would like to check if I can also apply for their Tourist Visa/ Dependent's pass as I am planning to bring them here in Singapore by June 15th next month to take care of their grand child as my wife is planning to restart her career. This is purely due to reason that LTVP will take 5 weeks for processing and my wife can't delay her joining date.

Will there be any issue with previous LTVP application if I go ahead and do so. Please advise. Thank you for your assistance and feedback.

FaeLLe
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Tourist Visa & Long Term Visit Pass

Postby FaeLLe » Sat, 28 May 2011 8:31 pm

You cannot apply for DP for your parents.
There is an option of Social Visit pass for your parents. It should not affect your LTSVP application status.

The reason is that you will be getting only the IPA (In principal approval) letter for the LTSVP once it is approved.

They will still need an entry visa to come to Singapore, you can either use your SVP (Tourist visa) or the Single Journey visa on the IPA letter to travel to Singapore, go to MOM get fingerprinted etc and get the LTSVP green card issued.

Ask your parents to go to list of ICA "Authorised Visa Agents" in India and apply for a tourist visa themselves, I would just apply from their home country and not Singapore.

I would recommend Akbar Travels in India, they are located across the country.

You can see the complete list by googling for "Immigration & Checkpoints Authority - SAVE" and going to the psi.gov.sg URL and clicking on the link at the following text "For the list of authorised visa agents, please click here . "

rk1977_in wrote:I would like to check if I can also apply for their Tourist Visa/ Dependent's pass as I am planning to bring them here in Singapore by June 15th next month to take care of their grand child as my wife is planning to restart her career. This is purely due to reason that LTVP will take 5 weeks for processing and my wife can't delay her joining date.

Will there be any issue with previous LTVP application if I go ahead and do so. Please advise. Thank you for your assistance and feedback.

smarty

long term visit pass

Postby smarty » Tue, 18 Oct 2011 3:54 pm

Hi rk

I have also applied long term visit pass for my inlaws.Can i know, whether you got for ur inlaws and hw long did the process take and how long did they get it for?

thanks in advance

FaeLLe
Chatter
Chatter

Re: long term visit pass

Postby FaeLLe » Tue, 18 Oct 2011 10:09 pm

smarty wrote:Hi rk

I have also applied long term visit pass for my inlaws.Can i know, whether you got for ur inlaws and hw long did the process take and how long did they get it for?

thanks in advance

If you have an EP ask your employer to sponsor / apply for it through EP Online. Could take between 2 days to 4 weeks, see MOM Website for processing timelines.