Singapore Expats

Got a job in Singapore

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
srpoucse

Got a job in Singapore

Post by srpoucse » Fri, 27 May 2011 12:13 pm

Hi,

I am guy with 3 years of Experience into App Development.
I have got an offer from a start up Gaming Company recently started in 2010 for 4800 SGD per month.

I also have an offer in Xchanging, KL , Malaysia.They told they can offer 8500 RM.

Let me know whether the transition to KL or SG is better for further Growth.

Could you please let me know which one is better and let me know the factors i need to consider and also let me know how much i can save, considering i have a simple life style with sharing accomodation.

Thanks,
srp

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Got a job in Singapore

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 27 May 2011 12:28 pm

srpoucse wrote:Hi,

I have got an offer from a start up Gaming Company recently started in 2010 for 4800 SGD per month.

I also have an offer in Xchanging, KL , Malaysia.They told they can offer 8500 RM.

Could you please let me know which one is better and let me know the factors i need to consider and also let me know how much i can save, considering i have a simple life style with sharing accomodation.

Thanks,
srp
Didint know there is a place called xchanging in KL :D :D

only you can decide .. some find Singapore good ... and some find KL great .. as Malaysia allows you to get cars .. and have fancy condo .. etc.. .. whereas singapore offers great security .. and all ..

srpoucse

Post by srpoucse » Fri, 27 May 2011 12:36 pm

ecureilx wrote:
srpoucse wrote:Hi,

Thanks,
srp
Didint know there is a place called xchanging in KL :D :D

only you can decide .. some find Singapore good ... and some find KL great .. as Malaysia allows you to get cars .. and have fancy condo .. etc.. .. whereas singapore offers great security .. and all ..
Hi,

thanks for the info....
Regarding Salary, can you help me out how much i can save in both the countries and which is better one ??

JayCee
Reporter
Reporter

Post by JayCee » Fri, 27 May 2011 2:42 pm

srpoucse wrote:Regarding Salary, can you help me out how much i can save in both the countries and which is better one ??
N-one can tell you that, we don't know your spending habits.

There is a search function on this site where you question has been asked hundreds of times before, why don't you try using it?

beppi
Manager
Manager

Post by beppi » Sat, 28 May 2011 11:32 am

srpoucse wrote:Regarding Salary, can you help me out how much i can save in both the countries and which is better one ??
You will be able to save the part of your salary that you don't spend.
Tell us how much you are going to spend and we will help you to figure out how much you will save.

Honestly: Nobody here can guess what kind of lifestyle and spending habits you have. Some people survive in Singapore at S$600/month, others need S$15000 or more. The same (with slightly lower numbers) applies to KL.

revhappy
Editor
Editor

Post by revhappy » Sat, 28 May 2011 1:24 pm

If its max savings potential I would imagine Singapore will allow you save more considering that on an absolute basis your Singapore salary is more. Singapore taxes are extremely low, not sure about Malaysian taxes.

I would imagine you are single and you seem to be from the subcontinent and savings are the only thing you are concerned about at the moment. Also you are open to sharing so that should make Singapore the right choice.