Downsides to living in Sentosa

Discuss about where to live, renting a property, tenancy issues, property trend and property investment in Singapore.
zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Mon, 02 Apr 2012 7:41 pm

I can't really help with schools much either, since my daughter isn't even 1 yet. But the Canadian school is close to East Coast. Their curriculum is pretty similar to the American one, right? Just get your kids a speech coach part time to help with the "a-boot"s and "proe-cess"s, and make sure you tell them what REALLY happened during the War of 1812 ;)

Singapore Property Search

nutnut
Manager
Manager

Post by nutnut » Mon, 02 Apr 2012 8:32 pm

Dover Court is English system anyway isn't it? You should look at Chatsworth East (how old are your kids?) and CIS (Canadian) both are great schools and aren't the kind of prices for UWC etc. Although, if you really want to be in a great school and near your husbands work, then UWC Sea in Tampines and condos/clusters around that area will be 10 mins commute for your hubby!

Also, there are some new condos going up around Pasir Ris and there is a lovely beach and parks up there!

Good luck
nutnut

aster
Manager
Manager

Post by aster » Tue, 03 Apr 2012 4:49 pm

I reckon living on Sentosa will get extremely boring, extremely fast.

Not a good choice IMO.

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Post by Barnsley » Tue, 03 Apr 2012 5:24 pm

nutnut wrote:Dover Court is English system anyway isn't it? You should look at Chatsworth East (how old are your kids?) and CIS (Canadian) both are great schools and aren't the kind of prices for UWC etc. Although, if you really want to be in a great school and near your husbands work, then UWC Sea in Tampines and condos/clusters around that area will be 10 mins commute for your hubby!

Also, there are some new condos going up around Pasir Ris and there is a lovely beach and parks up there!

Good luck
Not sure the water is too clever in Pasir Ris.

There are a ton of Condos being fired up in Pasir Ris along Drive 3 and next to White Sands Shopping Mall.
Drive 3 itself will be like Condo Alley by the end of next year, its a shame as the trees and jungle were quite pleasent.

My favourite one is selling it as Beach Front living , sadly its a bit of a hike to the beach , what there is of it.
Life is short, paddle harder!!

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Tue, 03 Apr 2012 6:18 pm

Barnsley wrote:
nutnut wrote:Dover Court is English system anyway isn't it? You should look at Chatsworth East (how old are your kids?) and CIS (Canadian) both are great schools and aren't the kind of prices for UWC etc. Although, if you really want to be in a great school and near your husbands work, then UWC Sea in Tampines and condos/clusters around that area will be 10 mins commute for your hubby!

Good luck
Not sure the water is too clever in Pasir Ris.

There are a ton of Condos being fired up in Pasir Ris along Drive 3 and next to White Sands Shopping Mall.
Drive 3 itself will be like Condo Alley by the end of next year, its a shame as the trees and jungle were quite pleasent.

My favourite one is selling it as Beach Front living , sadly its a bit of a hike to the beach , what there is of it.

My mailbox is regularly loaded with adverts for condos in Pasir Ris (and Bedok Resevoir). I love comparing the artist's renderings of the condos (generally beautiful glass high rises surrounded by thick lush jungle and directly on the beach) to their actual location on Google Maps. Artistic license taken to the extreme, to say the least.