Singapore Expats

How to re-enter to Singapore after prohibition period.

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
jh0080jh0080

How to re-enter to Singapore after prohibition period.

Post by jh0080jh0080 » Wed, 25 May 2011 12:58 pm

Hi everyone,
I’m Tony from Korea and I’m Singapore PR living in Singapore.
Can anyone advise me for below my wife issue?

My wife was found by MOM in Nov2009 caused by illegal working that she helped her friend’s restaurant without any valid work permit during social visit. She then was investigated for around 6months by MOM. Then finally she has received stern warning letter from MOM then repatriated back to Korea by ICA in June last year. And she was told by ICA officer that she is not allowed to enter to Singapore for 1 year since the repatriation date. But, ICA never issue any letter to my wife about that. Only she has signed and finger printed on document which noticed not allowed her to enter sing for 1year. then we married Dec. last year in Korea.

Question is that In June Next month is already fully past 1year for her and I wonder if she can just enter to Singapore by social visit without any permission letter or does she need to apply something for permission at ICA?
I been staying alone here for 1 year without my wife. It’s really hard to me.
Please anyone advise me.
Thanks for reading.
Tony
Last edited by jh0080jh0080 on Wed, 25 May 2011 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hi everyone

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Re: How to re-enter to Singapore after prohibiting period.

Post by Mad Scientist » Wed, 25 May 2011 2:04 pm

jh0080jh0080 wrote:Hi everyone,
I’m Tony from Korea and I’m Singapore PR living in Singapore.
Can anyone advise me for below my wife issue?

My wife was found by MOM in Nov2009 caused by illegal working that she helped her friend’s restaurant without any valid work permit during social visit. She then was investigated for around 6months by MOM. Then finally she has received stern warning letter from MOM then repatriated back to Korea by ICA in June last year. And she was told by ICA officer that she is not allowed to enter to Singapore for 1 year since the repatriation date. But, ICA never issue any letter to my wife about that. Only she has signed and finger printed on document which noticed not allowed her to enter sing for 1year. then we married Dec. last year in Korea.

Question is that In June Next month is already fully past 1year for her and I wonder if she can just enter to Singapore by social visit without any permission letter or does she need to apply something for permission at ICA?
I been staying alone here for 1 year without my wife. It’s really hard to me.
Please anyone advise me.
Thanks for reading.
Tony
If she is travelling on the same PP , ICA can trace her banned period. Yes, she can visit SG once she has clear her offence period. I doubt she will get 30 days SVP but try it and you can become her sponsor if you need to extend at ICA
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

jh0080jh0080

Post by jh0080jh0080 » Wed, 25 May 2011 2:27 pm

Dear Mad Scientist,Thanks for guidance.
Yes I must be her sponsor and my plan is to apply for her LTVP as it lets her to stay 1year. Then during that time I will apply PR for her.
She already has renewed PP in Korea last year but, i understand ICA will track by Name and Birth day?
Anyway she can enter to Singapore with SVP after the prohibiting period without anything right? I’m scaring that she may be banned at the airport.
Thanks.
Hi everyone

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Post by Mad Scientist » Wed, 25 May 2011 5:43 pm

jh0080jh0080 wrote:Dear Mad Scientist,Thanks for guidance.
Yes I must be her sponsor and my plan is to apply for her LTVP as it lets her to stay 1year. Then during that time I will apply PR for her.
She already has renewed PP in Korea last year but, i understand ICA will track by Name and Birth day?
Anyway she can enter to Singapore with SVP after the prohibiting period without anything right? I’m scaring that she may be banned at the airport.
Thanks.
I seriously doubt you can get LTSVP for her. PR is more far fetch at this point of time. You will struggle to get a 90 days SVP.
Yes, she can reenter SG after the banned period. Tracking one's name hmmm.... sorry I cannot reveal how it is done explicitly. Her ex-fin number and PP will suffice to know if she has any offence committed either criminal or immigration laws
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

jh0080jh0080

Post by jh0080jh0080 » Wed, 25 May 2011 6:19 pm

Dear Mad Scientist,
Thank you so much for your valuable advice.
I start worry that you have mentioned LTSVP is not easy for her. Therefore please consider below my wife conditions for applying LTSVP and please share with me your valuable opinion of LTSVP possibility.

a. I’m Singapore PR since Aug2007 as her husband. We register marriage certification in Korea Dec. last year.
b. I’m paying more than S$12K for income and property Tax.
c. We have one condominium in Singapore under me and my wife name.

Thanks again.
Hi everyone

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 25 May 2011 9:07 pm

I'm sure they knew all that before they banned her for a years. Therefore, it's debatable whether that will hold much sway with ICA. But, who knows, stranger things have happened. :wink:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Post by Mad Scientist » Thu, 26 May 2011 4:22 am

jh0080jh0080 wrote:Dear Mad Scientist,
Thank you so much for your valuable advice.
I start worry that you have mentioned LTSVP is not easy for her. Therefore please consider below my wife conditions for applying LTSVP and please share with me your valuable opinion of LTSVP possibility.

a. I’m Singapore PR since Aug2007 as her husband. We register marriage certification in Korea Dec. last year.
b. I’m paying more than S$12K for income and property Tax.
c. We have one condominium in Singapore under me and my wife name.

Thanks again.
It is not about yourself. More for the wifey predicament.
It is good that you have tick all the boxes there and I believe you BUT to gain LTSVP is a different kettle of fish.
One thing that did come up to mind is to consider posting a security bond to prevent her from reoffending apart from being a local sponsor. I am not sure how much it will cost as it all depends on ICA Senior Supervisor to decide
Consider having your marriage register here too.
You can propose this to CAB ICA if needs be, apart from preparing all necessary documents for your application ie, Tax Return, marriage cert. savings etc.....
You need to add alot of weight to your application so that it tilt the balance towards you

jh0080jh0080

Post by jh0080jh0080 » Thu, 26 May 2011 9:08 am

Thank you Mad Scientist / sundaymorningstaple,
I understood what I need to do for her. But, In worst case, she has to patrol between SG and Korea or 3rd country every 30days……...It’s too bad but, better than we separating.
Hi everyone

FaeLLe
Chatter
Chatter

Post by FaeLLe » Mon, 30 May 2011 4:46 pm

jh0080jh0080 wrote:Thank you Mad Scientist / sundaymorningstaple,
I understood what I need to do for her. But, In worst case, she has to patrol between SG and Korea or 3rd country every 30days……...It’s too bad but, better than we separating.
You might want to consider the possibility that doing border runs continuously might not work either.

Too many visa runs on Social Visit Pass or Visa on Arrival to and fro might set off signals too.

Not sure why no one recommended this possibility but it might help if you or someone you knew sponsored an EP, S or Work Permit for her and she came on her own merits.

Of course her academic credentials and prior history would be factors to consider too.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

late ..

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 30 May 2011 5:24 pm

I maybe late to this party, but .. from what I saw some of the workers in a filipino restaurant caught in a similar situation, a few yeas ago, were banned from Singapore for a year, and one year later, happily two of the staff came trotting down to Singapore and each was given 14 days SVP .. and renewals were rejected. And when one of the girls departed, she got a W36 stamped in the passport ..

The other girl's husband was a Singapore Citizen, and all attempts from his end, including getting letters from the MP for LTVP went nowhere .. I know the guy personally .. On subsequent entries, she got 30 days and No extension .. (those were the days you had to go to ICA to personally extend the visa) .. so much so, he has bought a house in JB and he is commuting to JB to be with her ..

Worse things happened to the employer, but that's a different story ..

Faelle: No cause for setting alarms bells going - ICA Knows the complete history of the person ..

jh0080jh0080

Post by jh0080jh0080 » Mon, 30 May 2011 6:06 pm

Thank you guys for sharing,
So she can stay here for max 30days then must be out of SG? No extension is allowed….? and she has to go back and can come to SG again after some days? How often does she need to do it? maybe forever? I’m getting tired even It hasn’t start yet.
Please anyone got solution for my wife to stay here in SG with me?
Thank you in advance.
Last edited by jh0080jh0080 on Mon, 30 May 2011 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hi everyone

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 30 May 2011 6:08 pm

jh0080jh0080 wrote:Thank you guys for sharing,
So she can stay here for max 30days then must be out of SG. No extension is allowed…. and she has to go back and can come to SG again after some days? How long does she need to? I’m getting tired even It hasn’t start yet.
Thank you in advance.
That 30 day thing is not a given .. all upto the ICA !!! Maybe ICA will have a change of heart ..

As for what to do to keep her here, there is nothing I can suggest you ..

FaeLLe
Chatter
Chatter

Post by FaeLLe » Mon, 30 May 2011 6:42 pm

jh0080jh0080 wrote:Thank you guys for sharing,
So she can stay here for max 30days then must be out of SG? No extension is allowed….? and she has to go back and can come to SG again after some days? How often does she need to do it? maybe forever? I’m getting tired even It hasn’t start yet.
Thank you in advance.
If at all she gets a 30 day entry there seems to be a very unlikely chance it will be renewed or she will ever get a LTSVP.

You must try consider other options or fight the hardest you can while she is in Singapore on a SVP to get her some kind of visa to stay to remain.

The last option you have is to fight hard for an Amnesty of some sort and plead on grounds of family ties.
But based on what I have read in Singapore this does not seem to work as well as the western countries where tactics such as Immigration Lawyers work.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 30 May 2011 6:45 pm

FaeLLe wrote: The last option you have is to fight hard for an Amnesty of some sort and plead on grounds of family ties.
But based on what I have read in Singapore this does not seem to work as well as the western countries where tactics such as Immigration Lawyers work.
Well, i wouldn't give too much of hope for that ..

jh0080jh0080

Post by jh0080jh0080 » Tue, 31 May 2011 8:38 am

Thanks guys,
I will try my best......
Hi everyone