Singapore Expats Forum

3 yrs in SG under P2 pass, PR application still rejected

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
sgprinquirer

3 yrs in SG under P2 pass, PR application still rejected

Postby sgprinquirer » Mon, 23 May 2011 3:10 pm

Hi,

I just got our PR application result today, rejected :( . I don't know what is reason as the letter did not say. I've been working in Singapore for 3 years under P2 EP pass, salary is 5XXX a month, I applied along with my husband, son and daughter. Bachelor's degree, Filipino. Husband and myself are both in 30+ age. It seems that my qualifications are all good except that my husband is unemployed at the time of application. Does husband's employment play a big role in PR approval even if the wife is the main applicant? Does he need to find a job first before we re-apply?

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 23 May 2011 3:48 pm

When the government is looking for any reason at all to reject PR applications based on the sentiment from the ground (GE), that's as good a reason as any.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Mon, 23 May 2011 4:42 pm

Filipinos have one of the highest rate of renouncing PRs over a period of 5 years. The only thing is you guys do it properly compare to our sub continent friends. Most of you guys use SG as a stepping stone to other countries which is a fact .
Patience and prepare for worse. The Gahmen is listening attentively to the backlashes. Even the Ministerial pay is going to be down size with immediate effect.
Most skeletons are out of the cupboard and they are trying their best to be on a clean slate.
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!