Singapore Expats

Anyone living at Marina Bay? Advice pls

Discuss about where to live, renting a property, tenancy issues, property trend and property investment in Singapore.
free.wired

Anyone living at Marina Bay? Advice pls

Post by free.wired » Wed, 18 May 2011 3:50 am

Hi is anyone here living in the Marina Bay area?

I'm thinking about moving to The Sail or somewhere close, and am wondering if there is loud construction noise and other such discomforts.

No trolls please, I'm just hoping to hear from some people with experience.
Thanks

Search By

aster
Manager
Manager

Post by aster » Wed, 18 May 2011 10:42 am

I wasn't impressed with The Sail at all...

The pool might be nice but overall the inside of the building has a cheap look about it. It also took a while for a lift to show up, and I was there during off-peak hours so to speak. Not sure what happens when everyone is off to work in the morning...

Plus there's nothing around that area - it really isn't a good place to live unless you just want to be withing 50 steps of your office. If you want to be close to the CBD but yet live in a nice place with lots of things going on then you might want to look at the Robertson Quay area. Plus it's a great walk along the river to/from the CBD.

BillyB
Manager
Manager

Post by BillyB » Wed, 18 May 2011 10:59 am

I agree, for once :wink: , with Aster. The sail tends to be the first place that anyone working in RQ or CBD will go for.

It's overpriced, has the feel of a Serviced Apartment, and there is plenty of noise from the surrounding construction - although the loudness depends on which tower you are living in. My mates always complain about resident noise too. People usually stay for a year or the term of their rental and then move straight out.

But of course, if you want convenience to work, an MRT station, underpass connections all over the CBD, and are willing to pay a premium, then its a good location with good facilities.

ev-disinfection
Chatter
Chatter

Post by ev-disinfection » Wed, 18 May 2011 1:45 pm

Marina Bay Residences - Have a few clients staying there, and the view is Great. I know the management people there too, and i am sure that they can show you around.

aster
Manager
Manager

Post by aster » Thu, 19 May 2011 11:08 am

If you like zombie movies then The Sail will be great, because when you step outside of the building on a Sunday you'll feel like you're in one, as the main cast even.

Has anyone checked out any apartments at Riverwalk? The building might be 20 yrs old, but the location is second to none. It's just asking for an en-bloc sale and redevelopment...

free.wired

Post by free.wired » Tue, 07 Jun 2011 8:31 pm

thanks for the info, it's definately not "6 star living" as advertised on the website haha