Singapore Expats Forum

Chances of success in PR application

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
incognitowalker

Chances of success in PR application

Postby incognitowalker » Tue, 17 May 2011 1:26 pm

Hi, guys. I find this forum quite useful, and now I want to seek your opinions on my PR application.

I'm from China and obtained my Master's degree here from National University of Singapore.

Now I've been working with Singapore Press Holdings as a journalist for more than 6 months, holding Q1 EP. The total length of my stay in Singapore is slightly more than 2 years.

How likely do you think I would succeed if I submitted my PR application now? Thank you for your help.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Re: Chances of success in PR application

Postby Mad Scientist » Tue, 17 May 2011 2:14 pm

incognitowalker wrote:Hi, guys. I find this forum quite useful, and now I want to seek your opinions on my PR application.

I'm from China and obtained my Master's degree here from National University of Singapore.

Now I've been working with Singapore Press Holdings as a journalist for more than 6 months, holding Q1 EP. The total length of my stay in Singapore is slightly more than 2 years.

How likely do you think I would succeed if I submitted my PR application now? Thank you for your help.

Your working period is abit short. Why the rush ?

Anyway you have Master's Degree from NUS. You should know better than this. Moreover you are a journalist. Have you not forgotten that the GE has just over. ?
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

incognitowalker

Re: Chances of success in PR application

Postby incognitowalker » Tue, 17 May 2011 2:25 pm

Mad Scientist wrote:
incognitowalker wrote:Hi, guys. I find this forum quite useful, and now I want to seek your opinions on my PR application.

Your working period is abit short. Why the rush ?

Anyway you have Master's Degree from NUS. You should know better than this. Moreover you are a journalist. Have you not forgotten that the GE has just over. ?

Thank you, Mad Scientist.

I try not to rush to apply for it, though a voice at the bottom of my heart urges me to get it ASAP.

But you're right. I'll sit tight, get more work experience, and observe the Government's next move.

Tks

ausinsg
Regular
Regular

Postby ausinsg » Tue, 17 May 2011 11:45 pm

Silly question, but are you male or female?

My single female China classmates were the ones who had greater success at being accepted in 2009/10. Just my observation.

incognitowalker

Postby incognitowalker » Wed, 18 May 2011 12:41 am

ausinsg wrote:Silly question, but are you male or female?

My single female China classmates were the ones who had greater success at being accepted in 2009/10. Just my observation.

Thanks. It might be silly.