Singapore Expats

EP Appeal Rejected twice

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
pedrito

Post by pedrito » Wed, 01 Jun 2011 10:45 pm

To 18 Havelock Road right??

pedrito

Post by pedrito » Mon, 04 Jul 2011 3:52 pm

Hi again!

At the beginning of the 5th week of my appeal (was still in process), I told the company to withdraw the appeal as I had potential hiring opportunities with a MNC, that would have more chances of getting my EP approved.

Today at the begining of the 6th week of my appeal I go online and see that my EP has been approved. I contact back that company that lodged the Appeal, and they replied that they had followed my instructions and sent the withdrawal letter to the MOM and therefore would not hire me.

Question: Will this have any negative effects if I sign a contract this week with this MNC? How can I be sure that MOM knows about the withdrawal of the Appeal and that this company is not hiring me? Will the status on the Internet change at one point? I'm a bit worried and want to do things right. :???:

FaeLLe
Chatter
Chatter

Post by FaeLLe » Mon, 04 Jul 2011 3:58 pm

pedrito wrote:Hi again!

At the beginning of the 5th week of my appeal (was still in process), I told the company to withdraw the appeal as I had potential hiring opportunities with a MNC, that would have more chances of getting my EP approved.

Today at the begining of the 6th week of my appeal I go online and see that my EP has been approved. I contact back that company that lodged the Appeal, and they replied that they had followed my instructions and sent the withdrawal letter to the MOM and therefore would not hire me.

Question: Will this have any negative effects if I sign a contract this week with this MNC? How can I be sure that MOM knows about the withdrawal of the Appeal and that this company is not hiring me? Will the status on the Internet change at one point? I'm a bit worried and want to do things right. :???:
congratulations you just landed yourself in a soup.

Get proof (email or something) that your firm 1 wont hire you anymore.
I might then proceed to sign the contract with MNC but pretty sure the contract would state subject to you getting an employment pass / immigration formalities completed.

pedrito

Post by pedrito » Mon, 04 Jul 2011 4:09 pm

FaeLLe wrote:

I might then proceed to sign the contract with MNC but pretty sure the contract would state subject to you getting an employment pass / immigration formalities completed.
Yes I have a few emails, but only of the hiring consultant speaking in the name of the company. Should I attach these in an EP Application? :D

WHY ME :evil:

FaeLLe
Chatter
Chatter

Post by FaeLLe » Mon, 04 Jul 2011 4:12 pm

pedrito wrote:
FaeLLe wrote:

Yes I have a few emails, but only of the hiring consultant speaking in the name of the company. Should I attach these in an EP Application? :D

MOM does not care what your arrengments have been; if an employer does not want to hire you then you should not have an approved EP with them ... you need to get the original employer to cancel the approved EP on EP ONline and only then can you apply.

If they refuse to you have two options,
- Let it expire
- Raise it up with MOM as an issue and highlight the whole scenario

In any case you need to get the first EP to go away...

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 04 Jul 2011 5:14 pm

pedrito wrote:
Greed! :-|
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

pedrito

Post by pedrito » Mon, 04 Jul 2011 6:54 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
pedrito wrote:

So far I have no firm offer of anyone else. Fact is I spent a month and a half just waiting without receiving any information from this firm.

I could tell you quite more. But I think it's not good to do this in public on the internet.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 04 Jul 2011 7:50 pm

pedrito wrote:
pedrito wrote:

So far I have no firm offer of anyone else. Fact is I spent a month and a half just waiting without receiving any information from this firm.

I could tell you quite more. But I think it's not good to do this in public on the internet.
So you are telling me that you did no hard research BEFORE signing on with the firm? You were more interested in just getting that EP. How'm I doing do far? :-|
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

pedrito

Post by pedrito » Mon, 04 Jul 2011 7:59 pm

pedrito wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote: Greed! :-|

So you are telling me that you did no hard research BEFORE signing on with the firm? You were more interested in just getting that EP. How'm I doing do far? :-|
Obviously I used Google to do some research, but did not come across any negative review. And yes I want to live and work in Singapore.