Singapore Expats Forum

EP Appeal Rejected twice

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
junaidfaridkhan

EP Appeal Rejected twice

Postby junaidfaridkhan » Tue, 17 May 2011 10:32 am

Hi,

I applied for my EP and it was rejected. Then my company appealed for the rejection and the appeal was rejected again. Then my HR called MOM and the officer in charge told her that they need to provide supporting documents and appeal again. We appealed for the second time with all the documents requested by mom and it was rejected again yesterday. My Salary is S$3000 per month and i was holding EP twice before in my previous companies. I am holding an MBA AND IT DEGREE from well reputed Australian University... Does anyone have a similiar experience? Is it possible to meet the MOM officer to discuss this issue? What should be the next step? I am very sad on what is happening to me over the last 1 month or so....Please advise. :x :x

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 17 May 2011 10:51 am

Start preparing yourself for redeployment back to Oz. Don't leave it all to the last moment. While something may still come through, your story is an all too common one in recent weeks. I've got one myself at the moment and we've tried everything to no avail and he's been with us for 3 years already.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Tue, 17 May 2011 10:52 am

Is your MBA and degree a Distant Learning One ?
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

junaidfaridkhan

Postby junaidfaridkhan » Tue, 17 May 2011 11:13 am

NO - Its from a Well reputed University

junaidfaridkhan

Postby junaidfaridkhan » Tue, 17 May 2011 11:16 am

@sunday morning - I even have the EPEC with me at the moment. However, is there any chance to meet the MOM officer? How do i do that?

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 17 May 2011 12:30 pm

I would have to question, if I were an MOM reviewing officer, why an MBA holder is willing to work for only $3000/mo. Having an MBA and experience should be able to command a better salary I would think. I'm am puzzled, however, as to how/why you have an EPEC if you have already worked here on EP's before. The company may be having problems justifying the hiring of a foreigner with an MBA who is willing to work for only 3K. Just guessing here as I don't have a clue, if your EPEC is current and still valid.

You could waltz into MOM's office and speak with the reception that you would like to see an officer to review your case. Be sure to bring all your original documents, testamonials from the previous local employers and school transcripts, etc.

junaidfaridkhan

Postby junaidfaridkhan » Tue, 17 May 2011 3:51 pm

Hi...Being an MBA holder,i was working for S$1800 earlier on Q1 pass which was approved by MOM...Second time, i was again working on Q1 pass with different employer on S$2300 which was approved again by MOM...So logically there shouldnt be any reason to reject my ep appeal twice on a salary of S$3000.

As far as my EPEC is concerned, i only have the certificate at the moment which is valid for 2 years...i havent used it as i got my ep before converting it to long term social visit pass valid for one year....So i guess it solves your questions....i am really confused how to go with my case now...

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 17 May 2011 5:22 pm

No, you didn't answer my question. My question was why is an MBA holder working for only 3K/mo? Should be at least double that. I've a strong feeling that that is possibly your problem. I currently have an Indian national degree holder who has been with me for three years, has been rejected 3 times now. Doesn't make much sense. Also, his wife was rejected as well on her renewal, so, it doesn't look good at the moment.

If you think about it, though, that is what Employment Pass holders are.....

Temporary staff when the economy requires them. Disposable when they don't. Sounds very much like the gahmen thinks your employer doesn't really need a foreigner any more.

revhappy
Editor
Editor

Postby revhappy » Tue, 17 May 2011 9:54 pm

junaidfaridkhan wrote:Hi...Being an MBA holder,i was working for S$1800 earlier on Q1 pass which was approved by MOM...Second time, i was again working on Q1 pass with different employer on S$2300 which was approved again by MOM...So logically there shouldnt be any reason to reject my ep appeal twice on a salary of S$3000.

The 1st 2 times that you got your EP, times were different. The country allowed record numbers of foreigners, then. Now times have changed. So although 1.8k was ok then, 3k is not enough now.

flojonl

EP appeal

Postby flojonl » Wed, 18 May 2011 12:35 pm

Hi junaidfaridkhan

You mentioned that you were given notice just recently about your ep pass being rejected. However, I have been waiting now for nearly 6 weeks for my appeal to come through...do you think there could be something that has gone wrong? Should the company that hired me contact MOM for further advice. Does it normally take this long??? Thanks!

FaeLLe
Chatter
Chatter

Postby FaeLLe » Wed, 18 May 2011 12:36 pm

I am up for EP renewal in 2012. Just hoping that I manage to get it renewed without hassle.........

Lobbying for promotion at my current firm which should take my salary up close to P1 (still under it though).
Think I will really need to get my pay hiked and show designation hike before April 2012 to make sure I can remain here....

Even though my firm is a 6 billion $ company (globally) and hires over a thousand SC's and PR's I am still worried :/

revhappy
Editor
Editor

Postby revhappy » Wed, 18 May 2011 8:15 pm

FaeLLe wrote:I am up for EP renewal in 2012. Just hoping that I manage to get it renewed without hassle.........

Lobbying for promotion at my current firm which should take my salary up close to P1 (still under it though).
Think I will really need to get my pay hiked and show designation hike before April 2012 to make sure I can remain here....

Even though my firm is a 6 billion $ company (globally) and hires over a thousand SC's and PR's I am still worried :/

If you start worrying then half of singapore's FT should start packing their bags oredy, lah. :lol: For you the question should be whether your EP gets approved in 1 day or more than 1 day. :lol:

aargon
Chatter
Chatter

Postby aargon » Wed, 18 May 2011 9:47 pm

junaidfaridkhan wrote:Hi...Being an MBA holder,i was working for S$1800 earlier on Q1 pass which was approved by MOM...Second time, i was again working on Q1 pass with different employer on S$2300 which was approved again by MOM...So logically there shouldnt be any reason to reject my ep appeal twice on a salary of S$3000.

As far as my EPEC is concerned, i only have the certificate at the moment which is valid for 2 years...i havent used it as i got my ep before converting it to long term social visit pass valid for one year....So i guess it solves your questions....i am really confused how to go with my case now...

MBA holder and you were earning how much a month?????????

I`d reject you just based off that information.
Everybody was KungFu Fighting.....

pedrito

Postby pedrito » Wed, 01 Jun 2011 2:01 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
You could waltz into MOM's office and speak with the reception that you would like to see an officer to review your case. Be sure to bring all your original documents, testamonials from the previous local employers and school transcripts, etc.

Where would you have to go to see an officer to review a rejected EP??

There a few offices: http://www.mom.gov.sg/contact-us/Pages/default.aspx :???:

Is an appointment necessary?

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 01 Jun 2011 2:57 pm

When you go into MOM approach one of the guy/gals manning the registration counters and explain what you would like to do. They will either tell you no or give you information on how to proceed. :-|