Singapore Expats Forum

PR Applications - Question about previous passports

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Modery

PR Applications - Question about previous passports

Postby Modery » Mon, 16 May 2011 11:52 am

Hi everyone,

I've been following the conversations in this forum occasionally for more than 2 years now, and now it's finally my time for seeking some help.

My question is fairly simple (I'm basically just seeking some confirmation):
In Part F of Form 4A (the PR application 4), it says "Have you or has any one of the persons included in Part E ever entered Singapore using other Passports and different Particulars?".
Do I need to provide here all passport details that I had so far when I entered Singapore, or would I have to do so only if the name were different?
I used 3 passports so far, but of course always under the same name. I'm only applying for myself, no other applicants.

Thanks!

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 16 May 2011 12:41 pm

I believe they mean either different particulars (same country) or different country's passports.

Modery

Postby Modery » Mon, 16 May 2011 1:21 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:I believe they mean either different particulars (same country) or different country's passports.

That's what I thought as well. I remember that I had to provide my other passport details as well somewhere before (it was an official form), but cannot remember what it was for.

Asdracles
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Asdracles » Mon, 16 May 2011 6:33 pm

I don't know the reason why the passport number changes with any new passport renewal, but it's a bit annoying.

As a foreigner, in some places (as bank) they still put in my records my passport number rather than my FIN number, and I remember I had problems first time I went there with my new passport.

But anyway, for official reasons, they only care about what SMS said. Different name, different country, ...

FaeLLe
Chatter
Chatter

Postby FaeLLe » Sat, 28 May 2011 8:52 pm

Asdracles wrote:I don't know the reason why the passport number changes with any new passport renewal, but it's a bit annoying.

As a foreigner, in some places (as bank) they still put in my records my passport number rather than my FIN number, and I remember I had problems first time I went there with my new passport.

You are supposed to update MOM with your new passport number and expiry date whenever you get a new one as per law.

This is done by a change of particulars form endorsed by your company / sponsor and sent to MOM through iSubmit.