PR Applications - Question about previous passports

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Modery

PR Applications - Question about previous passports

Post by Modery » Mon, 16 May 2011 11:52 am

Hi everyone,

I've been following the conversations in this forum occasionally for more than 2 years now, and now it's finally my time for seeking some help.

My question is fairly simple (I'm basically just seeking some confirmation):
In Part F of Form 4A (the PR application 4), it says "Have you or has any one of the persons included in Part E ever entered Singapore using other Passports and different Particulars?".
Do I need to provide here all passport details that I had so far when I entered Singapore, or would I have to do so only if the name were different?
I used 3 passports so far, but of course always under the same name. I'm only applying for myself, no other applicants.

Thanks!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 4

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 16 May 2011 12:41 pm

I believe they mean either different particulars (same country) or different country's passports.
Life isn't about avoiding the bruises. It's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it!

Modery

Post by Modery » Mon, 16 May 2011 1:21 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:I believe they mean either different particulars (same country) or different country's passports.
That's what I thought as well. I remember that I had to provide my other passport details as well somewhere before (it was an official form), but cannot remember what it was for.

Asdracles
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Asdracles » Mon, 16 May 2011 6:33 pm

I don't know the reason why the passport number changes with any new passport renewal, but it's a bit annoying.

As a foreigner, in some places (as bank) they still put in my records my passport number rather than my FIN number, and I remember I had problems first time I went there with my new passport.

But anyway, for official reasons, they only care about what SMS said. Different name, different country, ...

FaeLLe
Chatter
Chatter

Post by FaeLLe » Sat, 28 May 2011 8:52 pm

Asdracles wrote:I don't know the reason why the passport number changes with any new passport renewal, but it's a bit annoying.

As a foreigner, in some places (as bank) they still put in my records my passport number rather than my FIN number, and I remember I had problems first time I went there with my new passport.
You are supposed to update MOM with your new passport number and expiry date whenever you get a new one as per law.

This is done by a change of particulars form endorsed by your company / sponsor and sent to MOM through iSubmit.