Singapore Expats Forum

EP pending with MOM

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
1986praveenkumar

EP pending with MOM

Postby 1986praveenkumar » Tue, 10 May 2011 9:37 pm

Hi Friends,
Iam new to this forum, need your help. I got a job offer from a singapore company. They have applied for my EP (P2 pass) on April 11th, but still it is pending with the MOM. I qualify for the EP pass as i have the required experince and a degree from a recognised university. My employer said that the delay is due to elections.
Elections got over on may 7th and the results were declared, when is it like to get a reply from the mom regarding the EP application. Had anyone who applied during this time frame has got their IPA letter or any response from MOM.
Thanks in advance for the replies.
Regards,
PRAVEEN

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 10 May 2011 10:10 pm

I applied for a guy yesterday afternoon and got it approved this morning. He's on a Q1 pass. But, the key here is that, while he's from Myanmar, he's a Kaplan Graduate from Singapore as well as having his native degree and he's worked in Singapore for the past three years on an S pass. But, unless you have those kinds of experience, I wouldn't hold my breath just yet waiting as it might be a while before they have vetted your degee (by a vetting agency in your country). This can take up to three months sometimes.

1986praveenkumar

Postby 1986praveenkumar » Thu, 12 May 2011 5:21 pm

Hi All,
Any sucessful and lucky people who got their EP approved in recent after the 2011 elections in singapore pls post your experiences here.. would help people like me who are waiting for a very looooong time :-)
Regards,

PRAVEEN

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 12 May 2011 6:15 pm

How would that help you? Unless you are an identical close of the other person, it would be of absolutely zero value to you.

yaeslk

Postby yaeslk » Mon, 26 Sep 2011 9:36 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:I applied for a guy yesterday afternoon and got it approved this morning. He's on a Q1 pass. But, the key here is that, while he's from Myanmar, he's a Kaplan Graduate from Singapore as well as having his native degree and he's worked in Singapore for the past three years on an S pass. But, unless you have those kinds of experience, I wouldn't hold my breath just yet waiting as it might be a while before they have vetted your degee (by a vetting agency in your country). This can take up to three months sometimes.

Same with me here,my EP too has the status pending input from vetting agencies.I am holding a Bachelors degree from NTU,Singapore and zero experience in the industry.My EP is applied on 6th July 2011 and not yet approved.nearly 3 months.Days are getting tougher as I cant work part time in Singapore.
Any advice ???

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 26 Sep 2011 10:28 pm

It would be interesting if you did get it. Considering that you have no relevant experience. Lots of locals with the same credentials I'd guess.

Good Luck. I feel you might need some.

yaeslk

Postby yaeslk » Mon, 26 Sep 2011 10:53 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:It would be interesting if you did get it. Considering that you have no relevant experience. Lots of locals with the same credentials I'd guess.

Good Luck. I feel you might need some.

Thank You Boss.....