Singapore Expats

Employment Pass always been rejected

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
ausinsg
Regular
Regular

Post by ausinsg » Wed, 11 May 2011 2:34 am

BelleLee,

Sorry to hear that your employers did not stick to their job offer, when it came to reasonable working hours or tasks involved.

I understand that you wish to take any good opportunity which comes your way. However you could find that by doing this you are harming your ability to get really great jobs.

Imagine if you are the HR manager of a big company. You have a two year project that you need a new employee for. You have two applicants. Girl A and Girl B.

Girl A's CV shows she is moving up in job titles and earning more money every 6 months. Girl B is not as dynamic, but she has held the one job for the last three years.

If you are the HR manager and you need a new employee who will stick with you for two years, will you choose the girl who changes every 6 months, or the one who worked at the one company for 3 years?

How can you prove that you would not quit after 6 months? This is where what you are doing works against you.

People here are just trying to help you see the big picture. Sure if you are being abused, don't stay on with a company. But it will be hard to convince a new employer that every company you worked for abused you!

Good luck!

BelleLee

Post by BelleLee » Wed, 11 May 2011 8:42 am

:)
Last edited by BelleLee on Wed, 11 May 2011 5:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 11 May 2011 10:19 am

BelleLee wrote:Hi Saint,

Alright, thanks for your advised.. :wink:
Just a silly question: Your UK degree was not done in UK soil right ?? One of those "TWIN/Distance programs?"

BelleLee

Post by BelleLee » Wed, 11 May 2011 11:21 am

Hi Ecureilx,

Nope, i had my degree in UK soil for a full time semester, because I had my adv diploma in my home country. Is just like a top up degree programme. =)
Last edited by BelleLee on Wed, 11 May 2011 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 11 May 2011 12:06 pm

BelleLee wrote: Hi Ecureilx,

Nope, i had my degree in UK soil for a full time semester, because I had my adv diploma in my home country. Is just like a top up degree programme. =)
No offense. . I was a bit miffed at your "england" :D :D

Good luck ..

JayCee
Reporter
Reporter

Post by JayCee » Wed, 11 May 2011 12:25 pm

I wouldn't say you need to stick to this one company until the day you go back to your home country, but I'd certainly recommend sticking around at the current place until you've been there at least 2 years as it'll look much better on your CV and probably help with you getting an employment pass approved next time

BelleLee

Post by BelleLee » Wed, 11 May 2011 5:41 pm

Hi all,

can someone help me to delete this topic since problems are solved.. thanks.. :)

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 11 May 2011 5:58 pm

Sorry, but it doesn't work like that. You cannot delete threads as they are here for reference purposes. Jerk!

I hates it when arses like him get all of us working for him and then he deleted all of his posts. Thank goodness most of us quote his posts. That way I'm able to reconstruct the thread. He's locked out permanently now.

SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers