Singapore Expats

Employment Pass always been rejected

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
BelleLee

Employment Pass always been rejected

Post by BelleLee » Tue, 10 May 2011 4:34 pm

Hi Everyone,

I am so depressed. :(
My Employment Pass (Q1) always got rejected from MOM since last year 2010.

My 1st employer applied EP in March 2010 for me but rejected due to wrong information was given. I am Bachelor Degree Holder with Honours in Materials & Manufacturing Engineering from UK (fresh graduated),but the company HR filled in the education detail as in PRE-U. Therefore, they applied WP for me so that I am able to work at their company. Please note that I am malaysian, all of coursemate which are same cource with me doesnt face any problem on their EP application, all approved in 1 shot, some of their basic salary offered even lower than mine. 3months after, I was resigned and no longer work for that company due to better offer from the other company which is my existing company.

My existing company applied EP in July 2010 (basic salary SGD 2000/mo) for me again but got rejected, an appealed has been made by them, after 1 month my EP (Q1) was approved, :D they found that the mistake as mentioned above has been made by my previous employer, because of this reason the appeal for the EP application was successful because I have degree cert and my HR has emailed and informed MOM about this issue .

However, I got another new job offers since Jan 2011 from a US MNC, the company applied EP for me, salary offered : SGD 2400 but unfortunately, it was rejected. I am not sure about the rejected reason and the company doesnt want to make any appeals for this case so I just missed out the chance to work in this company.

After 4 months later, which is In MAY 2011, I got another job offer from a company salary offered: SGD 2500, they just submitted the EP application thru the employment agency today but few hours later, My application status stated REJECTED again via EPOL. Reason given is " unsuccessful application". At this moment, the company plans to make an appeal on my application in this few days.

*Please note that i m still holding EP (Q1) for my existing company.

I need assistance and advices from all of the experts here.. Please help me..

Thanks alot peeps. :oops:
Last edited by BelleLee on Wed, 11 May 2011 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Tue, 10 May 2011 5:02 pm

You seemed to change job every other chance you've got. Your frequency for a mere $100.00 more seems to speak a lot about yourself which is GREED. Why don't you stick to one company and get stability in your income before job hopping. Within One year which job hop 3 times ?
Is this your favorite hobby or pastime enjoyment ?
No wonder you have been rejected by MOM.
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

Saint
Director
Director

Re: Employment Pass always been rejected

Post by Saint » Tue, 10 May 2011 5:04 pm

BelleLee wrote: After 4 months later, which is In MAY 2011, I got another job offer from a company salary offered: SGD 2500, they just submitted the EP application thru the employment agency today but few hours later, My application status stated REJECTED again via EPOL. Reason given is " unsuccessful application". At this moment, the company plans to make an appeal on my application in this few days.

And you just answered the reason why!

BelleLee

Post by BelleLee » Tue, 10 May 2011 5:17 pm

Mad Scientist wrote:You seemed to change job every other chance you've got. Your frequency for a mere $100.00 more seems to speak a lot about yourself which is GREED. Why don't you stick to one company and get stability in your income before job hopping. Within One year which job hop 3 times ?

Hi Mad Scientist,

I admitted that i changed job quite frequently because i m looking for better career prospects..I wish to stick to my existing company but the monthly income for me is just too low, since there is an offer for me, so i wish to give it a try.. :oops:

Thanks for your reply...
Last edited by BelleLee on Wed, 11 May 2011 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BelleLee

Post by BelleLee » Tue, 10 May 2011 5:18 pm

Saint wrote:
BelleLee wrote: After 4 months later, which is In MAY 2011, I got another job offer from a company salary offered: SGD 2500, they just submitted the EP application thru the employment agency today but few hours later, My application status stated REJECTED again via EPOL. Reason given is " unsuccessful application". At this moment, the company plans to make an appeal on my application in this few days.

Hi Saint,

I cant get you.. sorry... :oops:

JayCee
Reporter
Reporter

Post by JayCee » Tue, 10 May 2011 5:25 pm

BelleLee wrote:
Mad Scientist wrote:You seemed to change job every other chance you've got. Your frequency for a mere $100.00 more seems to speak a lot about yourself which is GREED. Why don't you stick to one company and get stability in your income before job hopping. Within One year which job hop 3 times ?

Hi Mad Scientist,

I admitted that i changed job quite frequently because i m looking for better career prospects..I wish to stick to my existing company but the monthly income for me is just too low, since there is an offer for me, so i wish to give it a try.. :oops:

Thanks for your reply...
In the long run, the better career prospects will be to stick with a company for a while and get a good grounding by learning the business, you're not going to learn much if you keep jumping ship every 6 months for a couple of hundred dollars

As it is, I think you're stuck where you are for a while as MOM isn't going to approve any new passes for you

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Tue, 10 May 2011 5:26 pm

BelleLee wrote:

Hi Mad Scientist,

Thanks for your reply...
How do you define better career prospect when you are with the company for less than 3 months ?? A career prospect is to give the company a shot of what you are capable of for at least a year or two , by then if nothing comes up then yeah look for a better job. If the company that you are now is shitty and dodgy , yes by all means run for your life.
You came here asking for help but the answer lies with you. You really need to look yourself in the MIRROR and ask yourself "AM I GREEDY OR NOT ?"
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

Saint
Director
Director

Post by Saint » Tue, 10 May 2011 5:27 pm

BelleLee wrote:
Saint wrote:

Hi Saint,

I cant get you.. sorry... :oops:
Apologies miss read

Saint
Director
Director

Post by Saint » Tue, 10 May 2011 5:33 pm

BelleLee wrote:Hi Everyone,

I am so depressed. :(
My Employment Pass (Q1) always got rejected from MOM since last year 2010.

My 1st employer applied EP in March 2010 for me but rejected due to wrong information was given. I am Bachelor Degree Holder with Honours in Materials & Manufacturing Engineering from UK (fresh graduated),but the company HR filled in the education detail as in PRE-U. Therefore, they applied WP for me so that I am able to work at their company. Please note that I am malaysian, all of coursemate which are same cource with me doesnt face any problem on their EP application, all approved in 1 shot, some of their basic salary offered even lower than mine. 3months after, I was resigned and no longer work for that company due to better offer from the other company which is my existing company.

My existing company applied EP in July 2010 (basic salary SGD 2000/mo) for me again but got rejected, an appealed has been made by them, after 1 month my EP (Q1) was approved, :D they found that the mistake as mentioned above has been made by my previous employer, because of this reason the appeal for the EP application was successful because I have degree cert and my HR has emailed and informed MOM about this issue .

Are you sure you are on a Q1 EP and not a S Pass as a basic salary doesn't meet the Q1 criteria of salary greater than SGD 2500??

However, I got another new job offers since Jan 2011 from a US MNC, the company applied EP for me, salary offered : SGD 2400 but unfortunately, it was rejected. I am not sure about the rejected reason and the company doesnt want to make any appeals for this case so I just missed out the chance to work in this company.

Doesn't meet Q1 criteria as detailed above

After 4 months later, which is In MAY 2011, I got another job offer from a company salary offered: SGD 2500, they just submitted the EP application thru the employment agency today but few hours later, My application status stated REJECTED again via EPOL. Reason given is " unsuccessful application". At this moment, the company plans to make an appeal on my application in this few days.

Still doesn't meet Q1 criteria as detailed above

BelleLee

Post by BelleLee » Tue, 10 May 2011 5:38 pm

JayCee wrote:
BelleLee wrote:

Hi Mad Scientist,

Thanks for your reply...
In the long run, the better career prospects will be to stick with a company for a while and get a good grounding by learning the business, you're not going to learn much if you keep jumping ship every 6 months for a couple of hundred dollars

As it is, I think you're stuck where you are for a while as MOM isn't going to approve any new passes for you

Hi JayCee.

thanks for your advise. In your opinion, how many years I need to stick with the same employer in order to gain experience? I am almost stayed a year in the same employer.
Last edited by BelleLee on Wed, 11 May 2011 5:33 pm, edited 4 times in total.

BelleLee

Post by BelleLee » Tue, 10 May 2011 5:41 pm

:)
Last edited by BelleLee on Wed, 11 May 2011 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BelleLee

Post by BelleLee » Tue, 10 May 2011 5:45 pm

:)

Saint
Director
Director

Post by Saint » Tue, 10 May 2011 5:45 pm

Please see the link below for EP criteria

http://www.mom.gov.sg/foreign-manpower/ ... fault.aspx

JayCee
Reporter
Reporter

Post by JayCee » Tue, 10 May 2011 6:08 pm

BelleLee wrote:
JayCee wrote:
BelleLee wrote:
Hi Mad Scientist,

Thanks for your reply...

Hi JayCee.

thanks for your advise. In your opinion, how many years I need to stick with the same employer in order to gain experience? I am almost stayed a year in the same employer.
How long is a piece of string? All I can say is that when I started my first job I was there 3.5 years and still left feeling like I didn't know that much, but I had enough experience to 'think' that I could make a step up.

It's not about a particular number, it's about you learning something and getting a good grounding in the industry/job you want to do, gaining the experience to allow you grow into your career in the future. If you jump ship every 6 months at the start of your career you're not going to get anywhere as you'll just go from one entry-level position to another and never move up or learn anything in any depth. There're only so many times you can job hop until employers start to notice, and changing jobs 3 times in just over a year after coming straight out of college is not a good start

BelleLee

Post by BelleLee » Tue, 10 May 2011 9:54 pm

Hi Saint,

Alright, thanks for your advised.. :wink: