Singapore Expats

Singapore equity laws

Discuss your views about Singapore business & economy, current policies & issues, starting a business in Singapore.
defrancod

Singapore equity laws

Post by defrancod » Sun, 08 May 2011 10:09 pm

How old do you have to be to own equity in a business in the United states in singapore? I am under-age and am a founder of a company in the United states. Does the equity have to be in my parents name or can it be in my name?

Thanks in advance!

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Re: Singapore equity laws

Post by Mad Scientist » Wed, 11 May 2011 6:16 am

defrancod wrote:How old do you have to be to own equity in a business in the United states in singapore? I am under-age and am a founder of a company in the United states. Does the equity have to be in my parents name or can it be in my name?

Thanks in advance!
NOt sure what you are trying to convey
In SG , you must be 18

I think you need to be 18 too in US
https://us.etrade.com/e/t/welcome/educationcustac

Any individual or business entity (local or foreign) may incorporate a Singapore company subject to the following basic requirements:

Must have at least one shareholder. The shareholder can be a local or a foreign person. Bearer shares are not allowed.
Must have at least one local resident director. A director must be a natural person and above 18 years of age.
The shareholder and the director can be the same person.
Must have a minimum paid-up capital of S$1.
Must have a local registered address (P.O. Box not allowed).
Must have a qualified company secretary.
A name approval is required prior to company registration
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!