Singapore Expats Forum

hear ye hear ye all you applicants there. solution is here!

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
donova.n

hear ye hear ye all you applicants there. solution is here!

Postby donova.n » Sun, 08 May 2011 6:52 pm

i know you have been trying hard to get your act together and working really hard at your office. the ruling party has won so that means all your applications for PR , citizenship (please don't) , s passes and all the other visa and anything i missed out are very likely to be approved this time round.

go and apply again. re-apply if you have to. promise you it will go through this time :D. the locals are indeed politically apathetic, silly would be a polite word. correct me if im wrong but their emperor said they need 900k more of us. i dont see why they would reject you.

more jobs for us :D less for the locals :)

to those applying for citizenship, i hope you know what you are doing. the ruling government has all the fail-safe in place to prevent them from being ousted. being a citizen is just, silly to say the least. enjoy your next 5 working years! woo hoo !

sanky_001

Re: hear ye hear ye all you applicants there. solution is he

Postby sanky_001 » Sun, 08 May 2011 7:54 pm

donova.n wrote:all your applications for PR , citizenship (please don't) , s passes and all the other visa and anything i missed out are very likely to be approved this time round.

go and apply again. re-apply if you have to. promise you it will go through !

May your wish come true :cool:

ancientmariner

Re: hear ye hear ye all you applicants there. solution is he

Postby ancientmariner » Sun, 08 May 2011 9:46 pm

sanky_001 wrote:
donova.n wrote:all your applications for PR , citizenship (please don't) , s passes and all the other visa and anything i missed out are very likely to be approved this time round.

go and apply again. re-apply if you have to. promise you it will go through !

May your wish come true :cool:

The signal PAP got in GE 2011 from voters, I doubt if anything is going to be better for foreigners in coming days!!!
Nobody knows about future!

nakatago

Postby nakatago » Sun, 08 May 2011 9:55 pm

Oh please tell us you were sarcastic on that original post...

donova.n

Postby donova.n » Mon, 09 May 2011 6:47 pm

what is there to be sarcastic.
somewhere like 6 odd months ago people were posting all sorts of 'rejected' application threads. we all know its because elections are looming. now that the elections are over, its all for us now.

the PAP love us. they need us. this forum is about us and im just here to advice those who were having trouble getting their various passes approved. its terrible to be working but some paper work just won't let you.

just trying to help right?

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Tue, 10 May 2011 4:07 am

donova.n wrote:what is there to be sarcastic.
somewhere like 6 odd months ago people were posting all sorts of 'rejected' application threads. we all know its because elections are looming. now that the elections are over, its all for us now.

the PAP love us. they need us. this forum is about us and im just here to advice those who were having trouble getting their various passes approved. its terrible to be working but some paper work just won't let you.

just trying to help right?

Yeah right !!
Read this before you think you are helping or otherwise
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/expat/expatn ... icies.html

Quoted

Around 36 per cent of Singapore's population is comprised of foreign labour, which the city-state uses both to help power its economy and to prop up the falling birth rate among its own citizens.

A lack of jobs, high housing costs and an over-crowded transport system are among a number of problems which the opposition parties attribute to the immigrant population.
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

FaeLLe
Chatter
Chatter

Postby FaeLLe » Tue, 10 May 2011 11:41 am

Find it really silly like the original poster who started this thread thinks a lot is going to change.

PAP will have its long term vision in mind. They will not start upswinging the PR and Citizenships just because elections are over and they are voted in; this will just piss the citizens off and cause them to have more trouble 5 years later...

I think the tough immigration stance is here to stay.
Might be loosened up time and again to strike a balance but this is here to stay.

uc
Regular
Regular

Postby uc » Tue, 10 May 2011 12:09 pm

FaeLLe wrote:Find it really silly like the original poster who started this thread thinks a lot is going to change.

PAP will have its long term vision in mind. They will not start upswinging the PR and Citizenships just because elections are over and they are voted in; this will just piss the citizens off and cause them to have more trouble 5 years later...

Might be loosened up time and again to strike a balance but this is here to stay.

Things are going to be fine,no doubt about that.

BillyB
Manager
Manager

Postby BillyB » Tue, 10 May 2011 12:54 pm

FaeLLe wrote:Find it really silly like the original poster who started this thread thinks a lot is going to change.

At least if the latter happens, the Foreigners won't be flavour of the month. Maybe a civil war will break out as the locals will blame each other for all the side effects of having a buoyant economy??!!

revhappy
Editor
Editor

Postby revhappy » Tue, 10 May 2011 2:12 pm

Its also a matter of perception isn't it. Didn't the gahmen already do a lot of tightening last year and strip off lots of rights from PRs? But what effect did that have?

Its already ingrained into the minds of the locals this gahmen is foreigner friendly. No matter what tightening they do, its not going to pacify the locals.

If you ask me they are going to completely overhaul the entire immigration system and make some radical changes, if they need to keep their place in gahmen.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 10 May 2011 2:56 pm

The problem is that they are damned if they do and damned if they don't. Without the foreigners, MNC's won't have the manpower they need and they will leave. Creating a backwater here again. With the foreigners, they will lose at the polls the next election and when the opposition get rid of the foreigners, the same thing is gonna happen as well.

Guess we will have to wait for WIMH to explain how the opposition is going to do that. AND knock down the cost of living as their incomes disappear altogether with even less jobs than there are now.

The electorate aren't smart enough to see that, and from what I've seen of the opposition, they don't really have a clue either except oppose! WP's plan for Aljunied? They don't have one. Full stop. They got in on anger alone. So much for the mental maturity of the vaunted Gen "Y"s.

edited to correct spelling - tks maneo!
Last edited by sundaymorningstaple on Thu, 19 May 2011 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

BillyB
Manager
Manager

Postby BillyB » Tue, 10 May 2011 3:04 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:The problem is that they are damned if they do and damned if they don't. Without the foreigners, MNC's won't have the manpower they need and they will leave. Creating a backwater here again. With the foreigners, they will lose at the polls the next election and when the opposition get rid of the foreigners, the same thing is gonna happen as well.

Guess we will have to wait for WIMH to explain how the opposition is going to do that. AND knock down the cost of living as their incomes disappear altogether with even less jobs than there are now.

Well they've got 4 years and 11 months to come up with something, and then a month to execute it!!

revhappy
Editor
Editor

Postby revhappy » Tue, 10 May 2011 3:30 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:The problem is that they are damned if they do and damned if they don't. Without the foreigners, MNC's won't have the manpower they need and they will leave. Creating a backwater here again. With the foreigners, they will lose at the polls the next election and when the opposition get rid of the foreigners, the same thing is gonna happen as well.

The electorate aren't smart enough to see that, and from what I've seen of the opposition, they don't really have a clue either except oppose! WP's plan for Aljunied? They don't have one. Full stop. They got in on anger alone. So much for the mental maturity of the vaunted Gen "Y"s.

May be they should clamp down on the low skilled jobs first, like the Bangla workers who clean the HDB estates. The people who work in the food courts.

Once they eliminate those people and roads and estates will be dirty or food will become really expensive then the locals will know the values of the foreign workers.

FaeLLe
Chatter
Chatter

Postby FaeLLe » Tue, 10 May 2011 3:57 pm

revhappy wrote:May be they should clamp down on the low skilled jobs first, like the Bangla workers who clean the HDB estates. The people who work in the food courts.

Once they eliminate those people and roads and estates will be dirty or food will become really expensive then the locals will know the values of the foreign workers.

The thing is the locals want the foreign talent to do the dirty work.
But they do not want them to use the bus or trains or walk the same parks as them......

What they want is for the foreign talent to not take away the high profile highly paid plushy office jobs.....

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 10 May 2011 4:21 pm

But the problem is, there aren't enough qualified Singaporeans to do that either. But, for all their educations, they aren't smart enough to see that either. They can't see the low fertility rate is causing part of the problem, they can't see that rising costs of living aren't controlled by the local economy and there isn't anything that ANY Singapore government can do short of making the same mistakes as Indonesia & Malaysia have been making for decades with their heavy subsidies for fuel, food and dog knows what. What a grand awakening there is going to be at some point.