Singapore Expats Forum

How many working days are needed for the collection of PEP ?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
flyingbird

How many working days are needed for the collection of PEP ?

Postby flyingbird » Sat, 07 May 2011 10:27 am

I will arrive in Singapore on 22.05.2011, is it possible for me to collect PEP card before 26.05.2011? How many working days the collection procedure will last?

BillyB
Manager
Manager

Postby BillyB » Sat, 07 May 2011 10:59 am

If you have your IPA letter then you need to go onto the website and make an appointment to see MOM for finger printing and document verification etc. Once that is done it usually takes 4 working days to issue the actual PEP card. Getting an appointment for finger printing can take 1 day or you can wait 2 weeks - it depends on how busy the MOM service centre is at the time of booking.

The problem is, you need a Singpass to do this and you only get a singpass with an Employment Pass or if you are a local or PR. However, your local contact who you named on your PEP application form can make the appointment for you?

Your post isn't very clear.

flyingbird

Postby flyingbird » Sat, 07 May 2011 11:11 am

BillyB wrote:If you have your IPA letter then you need to go onto the website and make an appointment to see MOM for finger printing and document verification etc. Once that is done it usually takes 4 working days to issue the actual PEP card. Getting an appointment for finger printing can take 1 day or you can wait 2 weeks - it depends on how busy the MOM service centre is at the time of booking.

The problem is, you need a Singpass to do this and you only get a singpass with an Employment Pass or if you are a local or PR. However, your local contact who you named on your PEP application form can make the appointment for you?

Thanks for ur quick reply! That means at least 1 w needed to get the actual PEP card, 1 d for fingerprint and another 4 d for issuance?

About the Singpass, i have no employer and i contacted MOM once and was told "You may try to register for your SingPass after your PersonalisedEmployment Pass has been issued. ".

BillyB
Manager
Manager

Postby BillyB » Sat, 07 May 2011 11:21 am

flyingbird wrote:
BillyB wrote:If you have your IPA letter then you need to go onto the website and make an appointment to see MOM for finger printing and document verification etc. Once that is done it usually takes 4 working days to issue the actual PEP card. Getting an appointment for finger printing can take 1 day or you can wait 2 weeks - it depends on how busy the MOM service centre is at the time of booking.

Thanks for ur quick reply! That means at least 1 w needed to get the actual PEP card, 1 d for fingerprint and another 4 d for issuance?

Moreover, i contacted MOM once to ask the procedure of collection, i was told " You may try to register for your SingPass after your PersonalisedEmployment Pass has been issued." if i do need a Singpass before the issuance, how many working days will it take to get the singpass? thanks!

That is the issue - I don't believe you can actually get a Singpass without having your EP or PEP - it is contradictory. So you need to get your local person named on your PEP application to go online and make the issuance and finger printing appointment for the pass using their Singpass. Alternatively, you could arrive in Singapore and go into the MOM and ask them to make the appointment for you but this will obviously take longer as you'll have to wait until you arrive.

The finger printing takes about 30 mins, after that you'll get a confirmation letter from MOM straightaway that will tell you to collect the PEP card in 4 working days (you don't get an appointment - just turn up on the day and collect).

flyingbird

many thanks

Postby flyingbird » Sat, 07 May 2011 11:30 am

hi, there, appreciate ur help!

I just would like to know if i arrive in singpore on 22.05, before the expire day on 26.05, if it's possible for me to issue the PEP? The appointment can be done online before i arrive, but i think i am required to personally go to MOM for the fingerprint. I booked the ticket, maybe i should change the data immediately :(

BillyB
Manager
Manager

Re: many thanks

Postby BillyB » Sat, 07 May 2011 11:44 am

flyingbird wrote:hi, there, appreciate ur help!

I just would like to know if i arrive in singpore on 22.05, before the expire day on 26.05, if it's possible for me to issue the PEP? The appointment can be done online before i arrive, but i think i am required to personally go to MOM for the fingerprint. I booked the ticket, maybe i should change the data immediately :(

Your PEP IPA expires on 26/05? You are cutting it a bit close. What if you can't get an appointment at MOM before that date? I don't know whether they use the date of expiry for appointment or issuance. Maybe someone else can shed some light on this. I can't believe you've had 6 months to sort this out and you are leaving it until the last few days to finalise it?!

For the third time - the easiest thing to do is ask your local contact on your application to issue the notification, pay the fee and book an appointment for you online sometime before the 26/05 to be on the safe side.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 07 May 2011 12:11 pm

The appointment is by eappointment only. The odds are against you getting an appointment within a week. Good luck, and don't cash in your return airfare, you will probably need it, and rightly so. #-o ](*,)

flyingbird

Postby flyingbird » Sat, 07 May 2011 12:37 pm

Many thanks to all!

And when do u think is better for me to arrive in singapore?

ancientmariner

Postby ancientmariner » Sat, 07 May 2011 12:59 pm

flyingbird wrote:Many thanks to all!

Guess, you have the clues !!!!
Nobody knows about future!

BillyB
Manager
Manager

Postby BillyB » Sat, 07 May 2011 1:21 pm

flyingbird wrote:Many thanks to all!

ASAP to sort the potentially sticky situation out and get your PEP issued!!