Singapore Expats Forum

PR application

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
SGP

PR application

Postby SGP » Fri, 06 May 2011 10:31 pm

Hello Friends

I am a P1 pass holder living in Singapore for 1 year. I applied for a PR in December. After waiting for 4 months, I have received a letter requesting for my family's details.

Any idea what does this signify? How much more time will the PR take, if it is on the cards.

Cheers

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 06 May 2011 10:53 pm

It signifies that they want more information on your family details. #-o

The PR application will take as long as it needs. About as long as a piece of string? Unknown. Is your family a cloned family, e.g., all details are exactly the same as everybody elses family? Of course not. Therefore, it's impossible to gauge how long it will take. At this juncture at least you haven't been rejected yet. So just bide your time and all will be revealed when it's ready. Meanwhile, when you do get more information, let us know what & when. It's the only way our other readers get any anecdotal evidence.

I reckon you will probably get a please reapply after you have been here for 2 years letter. But stranger things have happened.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Re: PR application

Postby Mad Scientist » Sat, 07 May 2011 2:51 am

Singapore wrote:Hello Friends

I am a P1 pass holder living in Singapore for 1 year. I applied for a PR in December. After waiting for 4 months, I have received a letter requesting for my family's details.

Any idea what does this signify? How much more time will the PR take, if it is on the cards.

Cheers

Is your family here. Wife and kids ?

Did you apply as a family or individual ?
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

SGP

Postby SGP » Sat, 07 May 2011 7:49 pm

Hello Mad Scientist, Yes, my family is in Singapore and I ve applied PR for all of us.

Hello SMS, what is surprising is that after I have provided this information in the PR application form, it is being requested again. Is this a normal?

Thank you both for your prompt replies

Cheers

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 07 May 2011 8:20 pm

What was in the request for family details? The same data included in the application or other data/docs? Extended family requests?

nitinkrmishra

Postby nitinkrmishra » Mon, 09 May 2011 1:48 pm

Hi ,
I have submitted appeal against my PR rejection in Dec 2010 & ICA asked me to submit the salary details like salary slip , letter from employer with my salary and duration of employment in april 2011.

I am also waiting for the result.