Singapore Expats Forum

Dependent pass pending: can we leave the country?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
poodlek
Reporter
Reporter

Dependent pass pending: can we leave the country?

Postby poodlek » Fri, 06 May 2011 12:40 pm

I've been unable to find this info on the MOM or ICA websites and I can't even get through to a person on the phone :-(

Simple enough question: my infant son has a passport and a visitor's pass (VS001) and is waiting for his dependent's pass, which was (hopefully) applied for by my husband's employer a couple of weeks ago. My husband has vacation time coming up next week and we are wondering if we can leave the country and re-enter with our son if he still has his pass pending. Will they just issue a new visit pass or will they give us a hard time?

An aside: I've tried to get the status of the application online and over the phone but without the actual date of the application (we just handed over the paperwork to the HR folks at hubby's work) I can't get anything. HR is mysteriously absent from their offices, or ignoring the phone. Is there any other way I can figure out what's going on with this pass application?

**Apologies if this has been addressed before, I tried searching but got such a glut of hits from this forum it was beyond the capabilities of my patience to read them all.

revhappy
Editor
Editor

Re: Dependent pass pending: can we leave the country?

Postby revhappy » Fri, 06 May 2011 3:23 pm

poodlek wrote:I've been unable to find this info on the MOM or ICA websites and I can't even get through to a person on the phone :-(

Simple enough question: my infant son has a passport and a visitor's pass (VS001) and is waiting for his dependent's pass, which was (hopefully) applied for by my husband's employer a couple of weeks ago. My husband has vacation time coming up next week and we are wondering if we can leave the country and re-enter with our son if he still has his pass pending. Will they just issue a new visit pass or will they give us a hard time?

An aside: I've tried to get the status of the application online and over the phone but without the actual date of the application (we just handed over the paperwork to the HR folks at hubby's work) I can't get anything. HR is mysteriously absent from their offices, or ignoring the phone. Is there any other way I can figure out what's going on with this pass application?

**Apologies if this has been addressed before, I tried searching but got such a glut of hits from this forum it was beyond the capabilities of my patience to read them all.

You can go to EPOnline and check for the status using the passport number and dont have to provide the application date.

Is the visit pass a muliple entry pass? If it is then no worries. If not then the pass can be used for a single entry, has it been used already?

For the visit pass you have to call up ICA. Get their number from the website and call them. Sometimes takes a long time to get to someone but you eventually will.

For the DP you have to call MoM.

poodlek
Reporter
Reporter

Postby poodlek » Fri, 06 May 2011 3:39 pm

revhappy wrote:
poodlek wrote:I've been unable to find this info on the MOM or ICA websites and I can't even get through to a person on the phone :-(

You can go to EPOnline and check for the status using the passport number and dont have to provide the application date.

Is the visit pass a muliple entry pass? If it is then no worries. If not then the pass can be used for a single entry, has it been used already?

For the visit pass you have to call up ICA. Get their number from the website and call them. Sometimes takes a long time to get to someone but you eventually will.

I've done these things already and no dice. I entered only my husband's IC number and it came up 'not found'. I hope this doesn't mean that my husband's employer has not filed the paperwork, although I wouldn't be surprised. The phone system at MOM doesn't allow you to speak to a person, and the automated system requires you to enter a date. I called the ICA seven times today and got no answer.

I believe my child's pass is single-entry. It's what he got for being a child born to foreigners in Singapore. It doesn't say one way or another on the stamp it just says VS001 and "permitted to enter Singapore and remain until ___" He also has a disembarkation card.

revhappy
Editor
Editor

Postby revhappy » Fri, 06 May 2011 4:00 pm

poodlek wrote:
revhappy wrote:

I've done these things already and no dice. I entered only my husband's IC number and it came up 'not found'. I hope this doesn't mean that my husband's employer has not filed the paperwork, although I wouldn't be surprised. The phone system at MOM doesn't allow you to speak to a person, and the automated system requires you to enter a date. I called the ICA seven times today and got no answer.

I believe my child's pass is single-entry. It's what he got for being a child born to foreigners in Singapore. It doesn't say one way or another on the stamp it just says VS001 and "permitted to enter Singapore and remain until ___" He also has a disembarkation card.

I think there is some problem with the EP online site. I entered my FIN number and entered the date range and it returned "No records" I clearly remember, I could see the status my EP and my wife's DP few weeks ago.

Regarding your visit pass, best thing is call up ICA and tell them the Visa number and they should be able to tell you whether its multiple entry or not.

If you have a PR/SC friend you can have a Mulitple entry visa issued for your son, in case the visit pass and DP dont work in time.

All the best! :)

singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager

Postby singaporeflyer » Fri, 06 May 2011 6:16 pm

poodlek wrote:
revhappy wrote:

The phone system allows you to speak to an customer care officer and i have used it recently too. You would need to navigate two levels inside the menu to speak. press ( I think 1 1 and then 0) to speak to the customer care officer

poodlek
Reporter
Reporter

Postby poodlek » Fri, 06 May 2011 7:34 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
The phone system allows you to speak to an customer care officer and i have used it recently too. You would need to navigate two levels inside the menu to speak. press ( I think 1 1 and then 0) to speak to the customer care officer

Will try tomorrow, thank you!

singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager

Postby singaporeflyer » Fri, 06 May 2011 8:54 pm

poodlek wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:

Try on Monday. Tomorrow is a Public Holiday here in SG

poodlek
Reporter
Reporter

Postby poodlek » Fri, 06 May 2011 10:07 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
poodlek wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:

Try on Monday. Tomorrow is a Public Holiday here in SG

Geez. I can never keep track of all the holidays they have here. Monday it is.

poodlek
Reporter
Reporter

Postby poodlek » Tue, 24 May 2011 8:04 pm

Just to follow up for any person's future reference: we finally got the IPA for the dependent pass and my problems with the system can be summed up in the line "Date of Application: 13/05/2011"

Sadly, this is just what I expected of the HR department. They did not send in the application until I had harassed them about it four times. At no time did they admit that they had failed to do it when they said they had.

The ICA graciously allowed us to leave for our vacation and upon re-entry with the IPA letter, issued my son another 30 day visit pass.