Singapore Expats

Unreasonable employer..what should I do?

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
BlurLiao

Post by BlurLiao » Mon, 23 May 2011 9:25 am

JR8:
I think maybe they make up some record on their own, something like the oversea company transfer the asset to company A or something. This is the only part I am worry about. But I am not sure about it.

slayerk2000:
Of course, there are lots of file in the notebook which all files belong to the Taiwan project. I have record done with the labour dept. in taiwan before company A file report in Singapore, asking the taiwan company to collect their asset.

Mad Scientist:
The notebook is not bought by me. It's bought and paid by the taiwan company admin back then. What happen is they just pass me the notebook to use since I do not have any usable notebook then.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Mon, 23 May 2011 10:18 am

BlurLiao wrote:JR8:
I think maybe they make up some record on their own, something like the oversea company transfer the asset to company A or something. This is the only part I am worry about. But I am not sure about it.

slayerk2000:
Of course, there are lots of file in the notebook which all files belong to the Taiwan project. I have record done with the labour dept. in taiwan before company A file report in Singapore, asking the taiwan company to collect their asset.

Mad Scientist:
The notebook is not bought by me. It's bought and paid by the taiwan company admin back then. What happen is they just pass me the notebook to use since I do not have any usable notebook then.
Did you sign for it when the admin pass to you back then? If you have that , then show it to the Police . I think there are more things sinister to just filing a police report
Did you do something dodgy behind your ex-employer or have you been caught doing this or are you providing info to other competitor
IMHO. if this is just a notebook issue, really it is no major drama. BTW you are a foreigner, you want a clean slate with the police, come clean and show to them if you have nothing to hide. It takes more than just filing a police report unless there are unseen things going behind
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

BlurLiao

Post by BlurLiao » Mon, 23 May 2011 10:49 am

The admin never pass me anything to sign, it's the same with other assets the taiwan company own, they just go to the shop.. buy it and then gv to staff to use

I have not and will not disclosed any information/IP belong to them to any other parties. The only thing I want, is to pass the notebook to them and close the chapter.

Anyway, the IO asked me to call him directly when i go to company A to pass them the notebook and in case they don't want to take or sign-off.

beppi
Manager
Manager

Post by beppi » Mon, 23 May 2011 4:00 pm

From a legal standpoint, the situation is crystal clear:
You received a computer from your employer in Taiwan to do your work for them. When you resign, you must return it to them (and nobody else).

The employer seems to have a contract with company A, so that A paid for the laptop. If this contract specifies that items paid for must be sent to A if not needed any more, A can ask for that from your employer. But since you have no legal relationship with A and don't know the details of agreements between A and your employer, you have nothing to do with this matter. Because of the lack of legal relationship, A can also not sue you - only the Taiwanese company!

Don't worry about the police report, anybody can lodge a report for anything under the sun. There will not even be a police investigation - unless A goes to court, which will cost them more than the laptop is worth.

Just return the laptop to the employer you resigned from, get a signed receipt and send a copy to A and tell them the matter is closed from your side.