Singapore Expats Forum

Denial of renewal for LTSVP

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35184
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 05 May 2011 3:05 pm

If a substantial number of Opposition member win their constituencies and bump the PAP, you might have an even worse time. Best just keep your fingers crossed that the population has a level head when they start marking X's on the ballots. :wink:

User avatar
Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Posts: 3459
Joined: Thu, 03 Dec 2009
Location: TIMBUKTU

Postby Mad Scientist » Thu, 05 May 2011 6:26 pm

uc wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:ICA is a bit of a mystery and it's really hard to get a handle on why the do or do not give out LTVP's. Just the the guy here who got a valid EPEC but was denied an LTVP. The reasons? unknown. We can only guess.


maybe i wil try after election.


IS there any chance you are from the sub continent ?
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

revhappy
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1067
Joined: Wed, 10 Jun 2009

Postby revhappy » Thu, 05 May 2011 6:28 pm

Mad Scientist wrote:
uc wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:ICA is a bit of a mystery and it's really hard to get a handle on why the do or do not give out LTVP's. Just the the guy here who got a valid EPEC but was denied an LTVP. The reasons? unknown. We can only guess.


maybe i wil try after election.


IS there any chance you are from the sub continent ?


There's no doubt about it :wink:

uc
Regular
Regular
Posts: 79
Joined: Sun, 08 Nov 2009
Location: singapore

Postby uc » Thu, 23 Jun 2011 2:24 pm

revhappy wrote:
Mad Scientist wrote:
uc wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:ICA is a bit of a mystery and it's really hard to get a handle on why the do or do not give out LTVP's. Just the the guy here who got a valid EPEC but was denied an LTVP. The reasons? unknown. We can only guess.


maybe i wil try after election.


IS there any chance you are from the sub continent ?


There's no doubt about it :wink:


my wife appealed for my ltsvp since 18th of may and uptil now no reply...could this be a good sign that they want to give it bac to me...eachtime i cal,they always say stil processing.unlike brfore they used to reject it in 2wks.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1532
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009

Postby singaporeflyer » Thu, 23 Jun 2011 2:31 pm

uc wrote:
revhappy wrote:
Mad Scientist wrote:
uc wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:ICA is a bit of a mystery and it's really hard to get a handle on why the do or do not give out LTVP's. Just the the guy here who got a valid EPEC but was denied an LTVP. The reasons? unknown. We can only guess.


maybe i wil try after election.


IS there any chance you are from the sub continent ?


There's no doubt about it :wink:


my wife appealed for my ltsvp since 18th of may and uptil now no reply...could this be a good sign that they want to give it bac to me...eachtime i cal,they always say stil processing.unlike brfore they used to reject it in 2wks.


We cant guess based on the time taken. You have to wait and see. If there are many applications, even then there would be a delay in processing? So this delay in processing cannot be assumed for acceptance of the appeal. Good luck to you anyway !

uc
Regular
Regular
Posts: 79
Joined: Sun, 08 Nov 2009
Location: singapore

Postby uc » Thu, 23 Jun 2011 3:24 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
uc wrote:
revhappy wrote:
Mad Scientist wrote:
uc wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:ICA is a bit of a mystery and it's really hard to get a handle on why the do or do not give out LTVP's. Just the the guy here who got a valid EPEC but was denied an LTVP. The reasons? unknown. We can only guess.


maybe i wil try after election.


IS there any chance you are from the sub continent ?


There's no doubt about it :wink:


my wife appealed for my ltsvp since 18th of may and uptil now no reply...could this be a good sign that they want to give it bac to me...eachtime i cal,they always say stil processing.unlike brfore they used to reject it in 2wks.


We cant guess based on the time taken. You have to wait and see. If there are many applications, even then there would be a delay in processing? So this delay in processing cannot be assumed for acceptance of the appeal. Good luck to you anyway !


thanks...do ica give more than 1year ltsvp to spouses of pr and sgrn

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16514
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010
Location: K. Puki Manis

Postby JR8 » Thu, 23 Jun 2011 3:56 pm

uc wrote:thanks...do ica give more than 1year ltsvp to spouses of pr and sgrn


Not that I'm aware of. You have to keep renewing each year.

User avatar
Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Posts: 3459
Joined: Thu, 03 Dec 2009
Location: TIMBUKTU

Postby Mad Scientist » Thu, 23 Jun 2011 6:45 pm

LTSVP for Local or PR spouse can range for 6 months to 5 years. Criteria of length of pass, I dunno. All application is assessed based on its own merits
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16514
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010
Location: K. Puki Manis

Postby JR8 » Thu, 23 Jun 2011 7:32 pm

Mad Scientist wrote:LTSVP for Local or PR spouse can range for 6 months to 5 years. Criteria of length of pass, I dunno. All application is assessed based on its own merits


Really! Hmmm.... I don't recall it being suggested I'd ever get more than 12 months at a time. Or put another way, if I'd have known 2, 3, 5 years was an option I'd certainly have noticed and gone for that!

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35184
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 23 Jun 2011 9:25 pm

http://www.ica.gov.sg/page.aspx?pageid=238

Eligibility

Visitors are eligible to apply for a renewable Long Term Visit Pass of up to 5 years if they meet the following criteria:

45 years old and above;
own a property / properties in Singapore worth at least S$500,000 (in total) for residential purposes and meet any one of the following financial requirements:
have savings of at least S$400,000 parked in Singapore in any form of financial instruments based in Singapore, or
show evidence of a monthly local income of at least S$7,000, or
have a combined, savings and 5-year equivalent income of at least $400,000.
must be in good health
have valid Medical Insurance in Singapore

For renewal of the Visit Pass for purpose of long term stay, the applicant is required to meet the same set of investment, financial and medical requirements as indicated in paragraph (1) to (4) above.


So I don't think you can get an LTVP longer than one years just because you are the spouse of a Singaporean/PR, unless the rest of the criteria are met as well.....

But there is the ability to get a 5 year LTVP! :wink:

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16514
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010
Location: K. Puki Manis

Postby JR8 » Thu, 23 Jun 2011 11:11 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:http://www.ica.gov.sg/page.aspx?pageid=238

Eligibility

Visitors are eligible to apply for a renewable Long Term Visit Pass of up to 5 years if they meet the following criteria:

45 years old and above;
own a property / properties in Singapore worth at least S$500,000 (in total) for residential purposes and meet any one of the following financial requirements:
have savings of at least S$400,000 parked in Singapore in any form of financial instruments based in Singapore, or
show evidence of a monthly local income of at least S$7,000, or
have a combined, savings and 5-year equivalent income of at least $400,000.
must be in good health
have valid Medical Insurance in Singapore

For renewal of the Visit Pass for purpose of long term stay, the applicant is required to meet the same set of investment, financial and medical requirements as indicated in paragraph (1) to (4) above.


So I don't think you can get an LTVP longer than one years just because you are the spouse of a Singaporean/PR, unless the rest of the criteria are met as well.....

But there is the ability to get a 5 year LTVP! :wink:



Interesting. Isn't that a little like the 'Malaysia my home' scheme? Entry to the older and rich?

User avatar
Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Posts: 3459
Joined: Thu, 03 Dec 2009
Location: TIMBUKTU

Postby Mad Scientist » Fri, 24 Jun 2011 4:55 am

1997 when HKG went back to China. SG was dishing out citizenship and PRs like selling pancakes. But Hkgers prefer UK and Canada to SG hence the appeal to come to SG was greatly reduced. Partly was the need to declare all incomes prior the move

In 1997 too, whenTri Sakti riot broke out and in turned out to be racial riots, again SG started to do backdoor for Indonesian Chinese with less restriction on PR application which resulted in the house prices shooting up as there were too much cash floating everywhere among others. On top of the most Indonesian are most likely to return back to Indonesia rather than sinking in their roots here.

In 2003 when China and India starts to become the new powerhouse , SG started to use this policy again.

IMHO, it is like Kentucky Fried Chicken process, you keep on putting in the chickens into the barrel and the pressure keeps on mounting. The heat inside the barrel is unbearable. So small a space and nowhere to go
Something got to go and it went with a bang now with the result of the GE.
It is similar to LTSVP, it used to be like this but now you will be lucky to get a year LTSVP
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

azp123
Regular
Regular
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu, 26 Aug 2010

Postby azp123 » Tue, 05 Jul 2011 12:14 pm

Not sure if this is of any help. My wife renewed LTSVP for her parents (my wife is an dependent PR) two months ago and got 3 yrs LTSVP approved in a weeks time.
We have been living in Singapore for 14+ years and as PR for 11+ years. My wife is the only daughter. (this could be the reason i guess for granting). Yes we are from the subcontinent.

User avatar
Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Posts: 3459
Joined: Thu, 03 Dec 2009
Location: TIMBUKTU

Postby Mad Scientist » Tue, 05 Jul 2011 2:32 pm

azp123 wrote:Not sure if this is of any help. My wife renewed LTSVP for her parents (my wife is an dependent PR) two months ago and got 3 yrs LTSVP approved in a weeks time.
We have been living in Singapore for 14+ years and as PR for 11+ years. My wife is the only daughter. (this could be the reason i guess for granting). Yes we are from the subcontinent.


Big Difference !!. You have been here longer than others and doing your bit in paying taxes and setting your roots here.
Even your in-laws managed to get 3 years instead of the usual 5 yrs as before
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

uc
Regular
Regular
Posts: 79
Joined: Sun, 08 Nov 2009
Location: singapore

Postby uc » Tue, 05 Jul 2011 9:12 pm

Mad Scientist wrote:
azp123 wrote:Not sure if this is of any help. My wife renewed LTSVP for her parents (my wife is an dependent PR) two months ago and got 3 yrs LTSVP approved in a weeks time.
We have been living in Singapore for 14+ years and as PR for 11+ years. My wife is the only daughter. (this could be the reason i guess for granting). Yes we are from the subcontinent.


Big Difference !!. You have been here longer than others and doing your bit in paying taxes and setting your roots here.
Even your in-laws managed to get 3 years instead of the usual 5 yrs as before



Please how effective is ica ienquriy because i checked my ltsvp appeal and is still pending while the ica desk officer told me otherwise(rejected)...that they will update it in 30mins but uptil now(9.00pm) its still pending via ienquiry.I do not know whom to blv,weda desk officer or ienquiry....Same desk officer told me that my application was approved sometime ago,only for me to rcv rejection.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest