Singapore Expats Forum

Denial of renewal for LTSVP

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
uc
Regular
Regular

Denial of renewal for LTSVP

Postby uc » Thu, 05 May 2011 1:57 am

Hi all.Ica has kept on denying my renewal(LTSVP).My wife has applied twice to no avail.What could be the problem....could it be bcos my wife is a PR/General Election by the corrner?My wife is a graduate with a good pay of above 4k.....I'm worried!

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Thu, 05 May 2011 2:17 am

without much info, I hazard to guess
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

uc
Regular
Regular

Postby uc » Thu, 05 May 2011 3:24 am

Mad Scientist wrote:without much info, I hazard to guess

I really do not know how to say it.Previously,i was on 1yr ltsvp from 09 to june 2010.Since after then i v nt been able to get my renewal.Last two months we even used Mp's assistance n yet to no avail.But one funny aspect was how all my friends with Singaporean spouses got theirs at same time last two months,and the rest of us with PR spouses were denied....Should i reapply after d GE?and again my wife is pregant and due on september 2011,i really need to stay with her.

MS,ur candid response would be appreciated.

Pls,dis question is different.does ica monitor One's dbs savings account?

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Thu, 05 May 2011 4:11 am

uc wrote:
Mad Scientist wrote:without much info, I hazard to guess

I really do not know how to say it.Previously,i was on 1yr ltsvp from 09 to june 2010.Since after then i v nt been able to get my renewal.Last two months we even used Mp's assistance n yet to no avail.But one funny aspect was how all my friends with Singaporean spouses got theirs at same time last two months,and the rest of us with PR spouses were denied....Should i reapply after d GE?and again my wife is pregant and due on september 2011,i really need to stay with her.

MS,ur candid response would be appreciated.

Pls,dis question is different.does ica monitor One's dbs savings account?

So you are saying you are on LTSVP for a year, your wife is PR ?

How long have you been married ?

Are you on EP or WP prior to LTSVP ?

How long age your wife received PR ?

Any children before this pregnancy ?

Have you been working while on LTSVP ?

Wife is she working now ? Income ?

How is your saving ? Both of you ?
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

ancientmariner

Postby ancientmariner » Thu, 05 May 2011 11:05 am

uc wrote:Pls,dis question is different.does ica monitor One's dbs savings account?

Not sure about ICA, but definitely, IRAS does monitor if there is cash transaction above 50K. One of my friends got a letter from IRAS last year July after he had an over-the-counter cash deposit of 50K in his DBS savings plus account. Guess, the bank has an obligation to report to IRAS if there is a large amount cash transaction as well.
Nobody knows about future!

uc
Regular
Regular

Postby uc » Thu, 05 May 2011 12:38 pm

[

So you are saying you are on LTSVP for a year, your wife is PR ?

How long have you been married ?
2yrs!

Are you on EP or WP prior to LTSVP ?
No....from student pass(masters) to lstvp

How long age your wife received PR ?
Since 2004

Any children before this pregnancy ?
Dis is our first baby.

Have you been working while on LTSVP ?
No..but had a sole propritorship company that has since been cancelled

Wife is she working now ? Income ?

has bn working n income is above 4k(gross)

How is your saving ? Both of you ?[/quote]
Splendid.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 05 May 2011 12:45 pm

How were you able to have a sole proprietorship on an LTVP? :o

Or, were you on a Letter of Consent while on the Sole Proprietorship under a DP based on your marriage to your wife?

uc
Regular
Regular

Postby uc » Thu, 05 May 2011 12:52 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:How were you able to have a sole proprietorship on an LTVP? :o

Or, were you on a Letter of Consent while on the Sole Proprietorship under a DP based on your marriage to your wife?

it was opened under my wife since i'm foreigner n no singpass.But,we have terminated it.

N/b,my wife is teacher with MOE

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 05 May 2011 1:19 pm

Did you have an employment pass or LoC while you were working for the sole proprietorship?

uc
Regular
Regular

Postby uc » Thu, 05 May 2011 1:28 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Did you have an employment pass or LoC while you were working for the sole proprietorship?

No..it was Nil operation.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 05 May 2011 1:58 pm

So you were working illegally in Singapore then, correct? And as a teacher, it would have been known that while on an EP your wife could not work for another employer as it's against MOM's laws. Therefore, without having any employees having been on the CPF rolls, and nobody on an employment Pass of any sort, It would have almost meant, without any uncertainty, that her husband was running the sole proprietorship and therefore you were working illegally. It would seem that they are correct in not granting you any other LTVP's. You and your wife have contravened the laws of MOM & ICA. I reckon she better "Hope" her EP will be renewed as well......... :-|

uc
Regular
Regular

Postby uc » Thu, 05 May 2011 2:05 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:So you were working illegally in Singapore then, correct? And as a teacher, it would have been known that while on an EP your wife could not work for another employer as it's against MOM's laws. Therefore, without having any employees having been on the CPF rolls, and nobody on an employment Pass of any sort, It would have almost meant, without any uncertainty, that her husband was running the sole proprietorship and therefore you were working illegally. It would seem that they are correct in not granting you any other LTVP's. You and your wife have contravened the laws of MOM & ICA. I reckon she better "Hope" her EP will be renewed as well......... :-|

My dear....my wife is PR n nt Ep.She has the right to own a company.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 05 May 2011 2:29 pm

But you don't have a right to work in it unless you have a proper pass......

That fact still remains........

If they have somehow got wind of it, it might be a reason.

Did the company have it's own bank account? If it did, is/was your name also on the account as a signatory?

We don't have any way of knowing why you have been rejected, but with the information gleaned so far (which is like trying to pull teeth from a hen, by the way) it would appear that, by your own admission, you were working illegally here in Singapore. The fact that the company had a nil return has no consequence on whether there were any illegal workers or not. Lots of start-ups don't make any money the first year. (Theoretically it should have been impossible to have a "nil return" as your wife had costs to set the company up, and even if you didn't generate income, the start-up costs would have created a loss). Additionally, they know it's almost impossible for a teacher with the MOE to have a part time business. Most of the government teachers complain of being overworked already for the salary they draw.

I don't know what it is, but I feel there is something else not being revealed here.....

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 05 May 2011 2:34 pm

ICA is a bit of a mystery and it's really hard to get a handle on why the do or do not give out LTVP's. Just the the guy here who got a valid EPEC but was denied an LTVP. The reasons? unknown. We can only guess.

uc
Regular
Regular

Postby uc » Thu, 05 May 2011 2:43 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:ICA is a bit of a mystery and it's really hard to get a handle on why the do or do not give out LTVP's. Just the the guy here who got a valid EPEC but was denied an LTVP. The reasons? unknown. We can only guess.

maybe i wil try after election.