Singapore Expats

Urgent help needed on E-pass enquiry

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
mathers

Urgent help needed on E-pass enquiry

Post by mathers » Wed, 04 May 2011 3:34 pm

Hi guyz,

I need some advices n suggestions regarding the application of E-pass. I was holding a Singapore PR status 11 years ago when I left Singapore to further my studies (without deferring my enlistment into the army). I was subsequently prohibited from returning to Singapore until I surrendered my PR status 6 years ago. I have since returned to Singapore based on a social visit pass (tourist visa) ever since.

Currently, I have found a local company willing to hire me but MOM rejected my application for E-pass without specifying any concrete reasons. I am preparing my documents for an appeal.

What direction should I take in writing the appeal letter and how should I go about this in order to obtain a E-Pass?

It is imperative that I stay in Singapore due to personal issues. Thank you all in advance for your assistance and wish your stay in Singapore so far have been pleasant and successful.

Warmest,
Mathers

coolguy5481

Re: Urgent help needed on E-pass enquiry

Post by coolguy5481 » Wed, 04 May 2011 5:19 pm

From what we have seen ICA may not consider positive outcome since you surrendered PR in past.

mathers

Post by mathers » Wed, 04 May 2011 5:36 pm

Hi Coolguy,

Thank you for your reply. But isn't MOM the govt. body dealing with my application now? Will ICA play a role in approving my E-Pass?

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Re: Urgent help needed on E-pass enquiry

Post by Mad Scientist » Wed, 04 May 2011 5:55 pm

coolguy5481 wrote:From what we have seen ICA may not consider positive outcome since you surrendered PR in past.
Incorrect . If you are not sure please for god sake do not comment

I need some advices n suggestions regarding the application of E-pass. I was holding a Singapore PR status 11 years ago when I left Singapore to further my studies (without deferring my enlistment into the army). I was subsequently prohibited from returning to Singapore until I surrendered my PR status 6 years ago. I have since returned to Singapore based on a social visit pass (tourist visa) ever since.

I believe you are second Gen PR. Once you renounce your PR and decided not to serve NS, you have burn the bridges and SG Gahmen has a very long memory on this. Did your parent ever advise you the repercussion on NS issue ?

Thank you for your reply. But isn't MOM the govt. body dealing with my application now? Will ICA play a role in approving my E-Pass?

MOM controls the employment issues and ICA controls the immigration side and works with MINDEF and CMPB for PR abuser like yourself who scoot before contributing to SG . All three works in tandem and individually. You can kiss good bye of ever working here at all. This you can bet on my last dollar !!
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

revhappy
Editor
Editor

Post by revhappy » Wed, 04 May 2011 5:58 pm

mathers wrote:Hi Coolguy,

http://www.ica.gov.sg/page.aspx?pageid=151

NS-liable PRs are expected to serve NS. Renouncing or losing one's PR status without serving or completing full-time NS would have an adverse impact on any immediate or future applications to work or study in Singapore, or for Singapore citizenship or PR status
You decide whether ICA will play a role or not based on the above quote :-|

mathers

Post by mathers » Wed, 04 May 2011 6:19 pm

Revhappy and MadScientist,

Thank you for your information. I will still go through the appeal process once before accepting the fact that I can't stay in Sg to work.

MadScientist: I believe everyone has his/her challenges at different stages of each individual life. So did I. Please do not judge me. But still, thank you for your suggestions :)

ancientmariner

Post by ancientmariner » Wed, 04 May 2011 10:22 pm

mathers wrote:Revhappy and MadScientist,

Thank you for your information. I will still go through the appeal process once before accepting the fact that I can't stay in Sg to work.

MadScientist: I believe everyone has his/her challenges at different stages of each individual life. So did I. Please do not judge me. But still, thank you for your suggestions :)
MS is judging you, if at all, based only on the facts you provided!
Nobody knows about future!

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Post by Mad Scientist » Thu, 05 May 2011 4:52 am

mathers wrote:Revhappy and MadScientist,

Oooooh !!!!... Getting spicy are we ? Did I hit the nail on the coffin ? Or place the last straw that broke the camel's back ?

Ok, let me throw a few scenarios how you landed this way on your bum.

1. Your Dad is a First Gen PR under PTS, either you are born in SG or otherwise you got your PR thru your Dad PTS hence you are considered 2nd Gen PR under PTS scheme. Hence you are liable for NS which has its repercussion if you leave without serving. Dad is not liable in this scheme. Your family albeit you has enjoy the benefits of subsidise education, hospital care etc.....
When you turn 18, you or your parents or caregiver decided that you should leave for overseas studies before NS came knocking on your door. Hence you renounce your PR prior to this so that you cannot be liable for NS before 18 years of age therefore you are not committing any offence. Your primary caregiver knew this guideline well. OR Family is still here and maybe having health issues or wanted you to come back to run the business or your gf is here and wanted to be with her
OR while having your education here, family decided to look for greener pastures before you turn 18 , all of you left for overseas residence . Now you have a change of heart or maybe has a GF here.
OR you have been studying under student visas and was offered PR, your family decided that you should not serve NS and you left before the NS age

Am I spot on ?

Whatever your circumstances were, your primary caregiver albeit parents or guardian must have known this NS issues which is the bane of all PR parents alike. There is no way to circumvent this guideline.
I have not seen nor come to know or hear anyone during my lifetime that manage to beat this system. Be my guest and proof me wrong and I will eat a humble pie. Just provide me your FIN number and I can trace what you say is true or not on getting employment or PRship back.
Your imperatives does not imperates the gahmen to imperatively allows you to be employed based on your imperated circumstances.

Your family want the benefits but does not want to contribute. Must have hurt alot falling on your bum.
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Post by Mad Scientist » Thu, 05 May 2011 6:31 pm

OP

TO add on what I said earlier, you should read these

http://singapore2025.wordpress.com/2009 ... eason-too/

http://www.ica.gov.sg/data/resources/do ... 080429.pdf

Once you renounce your Singapore citizenship or PR, you will be treated like any other foreigner and any application for immigration facilities, including Singapore citizenship and PRs alike, will be considered on its own merits under the prevailing rules and regulations. To be able to work or study in Singapore you will need a valid work pass and student’s pass. Applications for these passes will be treated like any other application and will be considered on their own merits. Being an ex-Singapore citizen or PR has no standing in these matters and there is no assurance that you will be allowed to enter Singapore. If you are granted PR or citizen status again, please note that you will have to refund the amount withdrawn from your CPF Account at the time of renunciation, along with interest rate accruals.

mathers

Post by mathers » Fri, 06 May 2011 1:50 pm

Hi Mad Scientist :

Thank you once again for your assist. I have one question: Does it mean my application is based on the documents I have provided and my past history as a Singapore PR has no bearing on the outcome of the application?

I understand the context of the last post is open to interpretation. But it is contrary to the previous posts others have made or suggested to me via other websites.

Thank you for taking out your time in replying to this thread. Deeply appreciate it.

Mathers

FaeLLe
Chatter
Chatter

Post by FaeLLe » Fri, 06 May 2011 10:46 pm

mathers wrote:Hi Mad Scientist :

Thank you once again for your assist. I have one question: Does it mean my application is based on the documents I have provided and my past history as a Singapore PR has no bearing on the outcome of the application?

I understand the context of the last post is open to interpretation. But it is contrary to the previous posts others have made or suggested to me via other websites.

Thank you for taking out your time in replying to this thread. Deeply appreciate it.

Mathers

Yes our previous record of being an SPR will not help you, if anything it will be a disadvantage that will work against you especially if you are a NS defaulter.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Post by Mad Scientist » Sat, 07 May 2011 6:40 pm

mathers wrote:Hi Mad Scientist :

Incorrect, your past history has bearing towards your application. You did a runner and Gahmen remembers it well. Your qualification may be more than sufficient to meet the requirement but your past history stick out like a sore thumb

Show me the websites of those that advise you .

Mathers