Singapore Expats

Employment Pass Status still in pending

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
1986praveenkumar

Post by 1986praveenkumar » Wed, 11 May 2011 3:27 pm

@ Rohan congrats !!! BTW when you application was submitted , even iam fom india
Regards,
PRAVEEN

rohan19

Post by rohan19 » Wed, 11 May 2011 4:00 pm

Roughly 4 weeks ago Praveen.
Ngochien, i cant reply to your private msg, dont have 5 posts.
in any case your Qs are of a general nature and might of some interest to others here as well:

1. apped 4 wks ago
2. no appeal, first app
3. sat twiddling my thumbs for the 1st week, then realised its useless and tried to do something productive, which is difficult but you will go crazy otherwise
4. sector of company alone is irrevelant, your background+company profile+sector profile etc. add up to whether it will be a successful app
5. HR cannot do anything once filed, there is no parallel fast track process which you can use to push through your app faster than other apps in Singapore,as you might know, which is a good or a bad thing depending on what you might be used too
6. I know its easy to say this once through, but REALLY there is nothing you can do but wait.

rohan19

Post by rohan19 » Wed, 11 May 2011 4:25 pm

rohan19 wrote:Roughly 4 weeks ago Praveen.
in any case your Qs are of a general nature and might of some interest to others here as well:

1. apped 4 wks ago
2. no appeal, first app
3. sat twiddling my thumbs for the 1st week, then realised its useless and tried to do something productive, which is difficult but you will go crazy otherwise
4. sector of company alone is irrevelant, your background+company profile+sector profile etc. add up to whether it will be a successful app
5. HR cannot do anything once filed, there is no parallel fast track process which you can use to push through your app faster than other apps in Singapore,as you might know, which is a good or a bad thing depending on what you might be used too
6. I know its easy to say this once through, but REALLY there is nothing you can do but wait.
Oh and also, no medical test, self decl enough

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 11 May 2011 4:35 pm

The self declaration is not a guarantee though. Some aren't given the choice. Will just have to wait and see when the AIP is given (if it's given). Things are starting to get real tough.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ngochien2903

Post by ngochien2903 » Wed, 11 May 2011 4:56 pm

rohan19 wrote:Roughly 4 weeks ago Praveen.

1. apped 4 wks ago
2. no appeal, first app
Thanks a lot

adran

Post by adran » Wed, 11 May 2011 6:01 pm

Hi Rohan - Firstly congrates. I am curious to know the date you applied for EP. My application was filed April 19, 2011.

rohan19

Post by rohan19 » Wed, 11 May 2011 7:24 pm

adran wrote:Hi Rohan - Firstly congrates. I am curious to know the date you applied for EP. My application was filed April 19, 2011.
thanks for the wishes but your question following the congrates is really grating, have already mentioned it was about 4 weeks ago, the exact date does not matter.
believe me, it is not an assembly line where you should expect yours to come through now if i said i had applied on the 18th.
friends who applied before me have not had it come through yet, those who applied after me have, any comfort to you ?

rohan19

Post by rohan19 » Wed, 11 May 2011 7:26 pm

rohan19 wrote:
adran wrote:Hi Rohan - Firstly congrates. I am curious to know the date you applied for EP. My application was filed April 19, 2011.
thanks for the wishes but your question following the congrates is really grating, have already mentioned it was about 4 weeks ago, the exact date does not matter.
believe me, it is not an assembly line where you should expect yours to come through now if i said i had applied on the 18th.
friends who applied before me have not had it come through yet, those who applied after me have, any comfort to you ?
and be clear, "your application" date is not the date you send info to your HR, it is the date THEY choose to apply, are you sure THEY applied on the 19th ?

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 11 May 2011 9:25 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:The self declaration is not a guarantee though. Some aren't given the choice. Will just have to wait and see when the AIP is given (if it's given). Things are starting to get real tough.

I thought for P2 and P1 , just self declaration is enough rather than medical test? Am I correct?

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Wed, 11 May 2011 10:09 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:The self declaration is not a guarantee though. Some aren't given the choice. Will just have to wait and see when the AIP is given (if it's given). Things are starting to get real tough.

I thought for P2 and P1 , just self declaration is enough rather than medical test? Am I correct?
No, it depends where you are coming from.

douglasfoong

Employment Pass Pending with MOM Singapore

Post by douglasfoong » Fri, 13 May 2011 4:49 pm

Hello I have applied EP since 15th April 2011 with a SG HR Agency company.

Is been 1 month now and it seems forever pending without further details
I even contacted My HR Employer and they says is waiting from MOM
none

douglasfoong

Post by douglasfoong » Fri, 13 May 2011 4:52 pm

Anyone here is waiting for EP approval or already successfully obtained EP

Just like to find out more about the current situation our EP application status
none

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 13 May 2011 5:17 pm

douglasfoong wrote:Anyone here is waiting for EP approval or already successfully obtained EP

Just like to find out more about the current situation our EP application status
What are you going to do if some one has successfully got it after your application date? No effect on your application right? Please be patient and wait and that is all we can do at this moment.

douglasfoong

Post by douglasfoong » Fri, 13 May 2011 6:14 pm

Hi Singaporeflyer - What I mean is I have been waiting approximate for 4 weeks already since 15th April 2011, Friday -

I am not sure why is pending so long (what ever the reason is related to ?)

Could be Approved or Rejected, but now My Employer said is to wait...
none

rohan19

Post by rohan19 » Fri, 13 May 2011 9:06 pm

douglasfoong wrote:Hi Singaporeflyer - What I mean is I have been waiting approximate for 4 weeks already since 15th April 2011, Friday -

I am not sure why is pending so long (what ever the reason is related to ?)

Could be Approved or Rejected, but now My Employer said is to wait...
do you think singaporeflyer is a psychic and/or mindreader to be able to find out for you why your EP is pending ?
none of us have any idea why it is taking so long, we can guess, but that's all it is, a guess