Singapore Expats

Employment Pass Status still in pending

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
snowlai

Waiting EP

Post by snowlai » Mon, 09 May 2011 2:28 pm

Hi,

My EP is also pending and application date is 14 April 2011. If there is good news, please tell me. My social visit pass will expire on 12 May. I don't know I can extend or not. Please advice.

Waiting too

Post by Waiting too » Mon, 09 May 2011 4:00 pm

I'm in the same position also. The HR department of my company applied on April 8 and I am still waiting for some kind of news. Have any of the earlier posters above received any updates?

snowlai

Post by snowlai » Mon, 09 May 2011 4:03 pm

Waiting too wrote:I'm in the same position also. The HR department of my company applied on April 8 and I am still waiting for some kind of news. Have any of the earlier posters above received any updates?
Hi waiting too,
How you extend your social visit visa?

Waiting too

Post by Waiting too » Mon, 09 May 2011 4:35 pm

Hi there. I'm not too sure if you can extend a social visit pass on the basis that you are waiting for an ep to be processed, although there are others on this forum with far more experience who would be able to give better advise than me. When I say I'm in the same position I meant as the earlier posters - ie have been waiting a long time for my ep to be processed. Good luck with your ep and sorry I couldn't help further

ngochien2903

Post by ngochien2903 » Mon, 09 May 2011 4:44 pm

I'm also pending at Spass from 14 Apr too :((

snowlai

Post by snowlai » Mon, 09 May 2011 4:48 pm

Waiting too wrote:Hi there. I'm not too sure if you can extend a social visit pass on the basis that you are waiting for an ep to be processed, although there are others on this forum with far more experience who would be able to give better advise than me. When I say I'm in the same position I meant as the earlier posters - ie have been waiting a long time for my ep to be processed. Good luck with your ep and sorry I couldn't help further
Yeah, I know you are waiting long time. me too. But you are staying with social visit pass or something? Because I withdrawn EP from ex-employer and applied with new employer. So, I got one month social visit pass. If you are same position, would like to know. If you don't know, it is ok. I just ask you. Thanks

ck14

Post by ck14 » Mon, 09 May 2011 5:36 pm

Guys,

My EP was applied on 19th Apr. still it is pending.. is there anybody know what would MOM will do with our application after the election and how long it takes?

Waiting too

Post by Waiting too » Mon, 09 May 2011 6:17 pm

Yeah, I know you are waiting long time. me too. But you are staying with social visit pass or something? Because I withdrawn EP from ex-employer and applied with new employer. So, I got one month social visit pass. If you are same position, would like to know. If you don't know, it is ok. I just ask you. Thanks[/quote]

I'm on a social visit pass also but was given 90 days when I arrived at the end of April so for me, time isn't too much of a problem - yet. I'm not too sure what you should do. Have you explained your situation the hr dept of the company that would like to hire you? The last thing you want to do is overstay.

ck14

Post by ck14 » Mon, 09 May 2011 7:06 pm

I have Long term visa. valid till next year

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 09 May 2011 10:41 pm

You are going to have to just sit tight and make do until the government get finished hashing out what happened in the GE and which direction to proceed. I reckon, until then, you are are just using up bandwidth as there is nobody here with a crystal ball who has been through any scenario even remotely like this here in Singapore. I've been here 29 years and have never seen it like this. So just batten down the hatches and be prepared for the worst, that way, anything else will look good.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ngochien2903

Post by ngochien2903 » Tue, 10 May 2011 12:29 pm

Sorry if my question disturb to all of you. Last evening, HR in that company informed me S pass's still pending and their other applications are same. They also send email to MOM to chase. In the other hand, I asked them for FIN number so that I can check by my self but they said they only have application number and date. EPONLINE don't give FIN for my documents. How can I check status online with application number? I really don't want to ask them day by day.. If I can do, it's better. Thanks in advance

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 10 May 2011 1:08 pm

You cannot check. Only the Employer can check.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

rohan19

Post by rohan19 » Wed, 11 May 2011 2:48 pm

For all the posters above, mine got approved this week after approx 4 weeks. From the Indian subcontinent, post grad degree and reasonable experience.
Later experiences might bear me out but i think the std time of 1 week for new applicants might be more like 3 to 4 weeks from now on due to increased vigilance and what have you..

SMS, btw, notice that you now write 29 yrs in here, so im guessing you just passed an anniversary of being here, if so congratulations ;)

ngochien2903

Post by ngochien2903 » Wed, 11 May 2011 2:56 pm

@ SMS: thanks for your advice
@ Rohan: Congratulation !! your result make all of us continue hope in future.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 11 May 2011 3:11 pm

Technically, it will be 29 years on the 11 of June, but who's counting! :lol:

After the first couple of decades it's all irrelevant. :o