Singapore Expats

Employment Pass Status still in pending

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 13 May 2011 9:30 pm

If your potential employer said wait, that usually means it hasn't been rejected yet. As long as it's not been rejected, you still have a chance. It could take upwards of three months if you are from certain 3rd world counties in the region who are not computerized in their universities and they have to manually check your claim/degree/diplomas.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

waiting..

Post by waiting.. » Mon, 16 May 2011 1:18 pm

Hello All,

Good news on my side.
My EP got approved today after approximately 4 weeks.

ngochien2903

Post by ngochien2903 » Mon, 16 May 2011 1:22 pm

Congratulation waiting ^-^ Please share your luck to everybody. Thanks

ngochien2903

Post by ngochien2903 » Mon, 16 May 2011 5:04 pm

This afternoon, I received call from hiring HR. They said that after calling to MOM twice, MOM state that insufficent documents. Thus HR have to reapply a new application and ask me send them original copy of degree with transcript and translated copy. After re-applying, we have to wait for 7 working days for MOM reply. Could you please advise me what does it mean " insufficent docs"?

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 16 May 2011 5:17 pm

Probably they suspect fraudulent docs, hence all the supporting docs to support the original degree. And yes, 7 days is normal. I lost 2 employees who had been with me for 6 months about a year & a half ago

http://forum.singaporeexpats.com/sutra3 ... ees#386375

due to suspect docs. Unfortunately, if you are from Myanmar, it's impossible to get anything in 7 weeks let alone 7 days. So, they were unceremoniously pack off to Myanmar after spending some time in the slammer first. Doesn't pay to falsify docs here. They really frown upon it! :-|
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ngochien2903

Post by ngochien2903 » Mon, 16 May 2011 5:47 pm

Thanks SMS. I come from Vietnam . The status on EPOL is invalid. MOM said it's not reject , just resubmit degree. Hope 7 weeks will not happen.

ngochien2903

Post by ngochien2903 » Wed, 18 May 2011 2:41 pm

Just to inform.. this morning hiring company applied Spass with copy of original certificate as MOM request but after 2 hours, MOM rejected my case. :(( So sad.. Until now I can't contact HR department to know reason why MOM rejected. Can some body help me?

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 18 May 2011 3:30 pm

You have to use your HR department that filed for the S pass as they will have to long into their account with their singpass in order to see.

douglasfoong

Post by douglasfoong » Wed, 18 May 2011 6:26 pm

Hi ngochien2903 - please don't give up, Try proceed reapply new S Pass application again with supporting required degree certification of yours through your hiring employer
none

revhappy
Editor
Editor

Post by revhappy » Wed, 18 May 2011 7:31 pm

ngochien2903 wrote:Just to inform.. this morning hiring company applied Spass with copy of original certificate as MOM request but after 2 hours, MOM rejected my case. :(( So sad.. Until now I can't contact HR department to know reason why MOM rejected. Can some body help me?
Haiz Suay lor...

ngochien2903

Post by ngochien2903 » Wed, 18 May 2011 10:41 pm

@ sms and douglasfoong : let's wait until tomorrow for reason of rejection.i will not give up but why mom hold my first application more than 4 weeks with " no record status" and request for my second aaplication but reject imme after 2 hours only. i wish they could hear my voice when breaking my heart.

ngochien2903

Post by ngochien2903 » Thu, 19 May 2011 12:27 pm

I contacted with HR this morning and MOM state that "application doesn't meet the approval criteria" while I have more than 4.6 yeasr in logistics& shipping field, job offer is shipping coordinator too and my advantage is native langugue -Vietnamese (which need to contact their factory located in Vietnam). Luckily, company's willing to appeal for me. Can I use FIN (just issued yesterday) to check appeal status in future?

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 19 May 2011 12:33 pm

Unless you have something MORE to offer that wasn't noted in the application/appeal, don't bother. Just because YOU think you are qualified, the MOM thinks otherwise based on their newer, more stringent criteria. Things are getting tough all over. I have one who was rejected on quota so applied through different company and still bounced, based on the same rejection you got. And he's been with the 1st company for 3+ years.

There are going to be a lot of upset folks that are going to get rejected on renewals and there isn't a damn thing anybody can do about it. If you haven't been reading the newspapers, there was a GE recently and it's going to mean some serious changes at MOM in general. More than the current shake-up in ministerial positions announced last night. I'm dreading it. In fact, it's going to be the guys that are here on S & Q passes who are going to feel the brunt of it, with some spillover into the P2 category as well, I have a strong feeling.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Thu, 19 May 2011 12:41 pm

And that leads to the question of, do you think these positions are replaceable with locals? Is this tightening up 'costed out' or knee-jerk?

(I needn't elaborate)

douglasfoong

Post by douglasfoong » Thu, 19 May 2011 1:42 pm

Hi Everyone - I am starting to applying local jobs / interview back here in Malaysia. My EP status are still pending with MOM Singapore since 15th April, Friday

I have a Life to move on, can not wait forever...
I see myself as professionalism ethic worker, a contributor to society
none